Ironton 2022

XandOs
Varsity

Ironton 2022

Post by XandOs »

Returning Starters that started a game in 2021 to my knowledge

Offense

QB- Carpenter Sr. , Schreck So. , Wylie Jr.
RB- Keyes Sr.,
RB- Wilson Sr.
WR- Perkins Sr. , Martin Jr.
WR- Young Jr , Wylie Jr.
TE- Barnes Sr.
OL- Gossett So.
OL- Layne So.
OL- Patterson Jr.

Defense

DL- Weekley Jr.
DL- Layne So.
LB- Barnes Sr.
LB- Keyes Sr.
DB- Wilson Sr.
DB- Wylie Jr.
DB- Porter Jr. , Martin Jr.
DB- Young Jr.

They will return LB/RB Trevor Carter that was injured and missed 2021 season.

Team speed will be best it’s been since new staff took over. If a couple of the athletic younger lineman develop this will be a special season coming up for Ironton.

The Freshman team went undefeated and really dominated against the biggest and best football programs in our area such as Spring Valley, Wheelersburg, Johnson Central, Cabell Midland etc.

The JV team lost 1 game to Jackson when the injury bug hit the varsity and many JV players had to play up. They also beat Cabell Midland, Spring Valley, Johnson Central, Wheelersburg etc.

Junior High went 7-1 on season losing opening game of season to Wheelersburg but best player on 8th grade team sat out entire season with broken foot. Stud RB. Uncle played RB at Ohio State.
Last edited by XandOs on Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

NEO80
Riding the Bench

Re: Ironton 2022

Post by NEO80 »

Best of luck in 2022

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Different kind of team
Still talented but they missed their opportunity at playing at the State Level this year
Will take a commitment to change offensive styles as the Defense will not be as good and the offensive line takes a hit

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:31 pm Different kind of team
Still talented but they missed their opportunity at playing at the State Level this year
Will take a commitment to change offensive styles as the Defense will not be as good and the offensive line takes a hit
I think this years team although different will be just as good as last years and could be better. The young lineman aren’t as big but will be much more athletic. The defense will be very quick and will use athleticism to make plays. This group of seniors coming has been great all the way up through . One of the best classes to come through in awhile.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Ironton will do well.
Key will be the QB staying healthy that is what really hurt Ironton this year against lesser competition it was ok but against better it became a issue.
I don't see no huge drop off they will be ready and hungry to do better next year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ironton have any schedule openings

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

I’m not sure on the Moeller slot in Week 4. Know it’s 7 league games, @ Wheelersburg and @ Jackson to start.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

PrepStarz wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:49 pm
TigerBob wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:38 pm I’m not sure on the Moeller slot in Week 4. Know it’s 7 league games, @ Wheelersburg and @ Jackson to start.
I'm confused cause on facebook those Fighting Tiger football fan pages or whatever said this was Irontons last season in the OVC. So they will still be in the OVC then to start 22 right?
Hey buddy. New username grade C-. Not very creative.

Ironton, like many school districts, is governed by a Board of Education, which is elected by voters who reside within the district. Ironton is not run by fans on a Facebook group. As such, Ironton will be in the OVC for the 2022-23 school year and into the foreseeable future. If something were to change on that front, the news would come from the schools, not fans on Facebook.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

For the OVC this year:

1. Fairland had the most wins in a single season.
2. Portsmouth won their first playoff game since 2002.
3. Coal Grove’s defense gave up 29 points per game
4. Gallia Academy didn’t play a game for 29 days
5. Rock Hill’s 3 wins came against teams with a combined 2-25 record.
6. South Point had their first Conference win since 2015.
7. Chesapeake was winless for the first time since 1988. They scored 48 points all year, gave up 320 points. It was the first time Symmes Valley shutout Chesapeake since 1982.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

XandOs wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:55 am Returning Starters that started a game in 2021 to my knowledge

Offense

RB- Keyes Sr.,
RB- Wilson Sr.
WR- Young Jr , Wylie Jr.
TE- Barnes Sr.
OL- Gossett So.
OL- Layne So.
OL- Patterson Jr.

Defense

DL- Weekley Jr.
DL- Layne So.
LB- Barnes Sr.
LB- Keyes Sr.
DB- Wilson Sr.
DB- Wylie Jr.
DB- Young Jr.

Team speed will be best it’s been since new staff took over. If a couple of the athletic younger lineman develop this will be a special season coming up for Ironton.

The Freshman team went undefeated and really dominated against the biggest and best football programs in our area such as Spring Valley, Wheelersburg, Johnson Central, Cabell Midland etc.

The JV team lost 1 game to Jackson when the injury bug hit the varsity and many JV players had to play up. They also beat Cabell Midland, Spring Valley, Johnson Central, Wheelersburg etc.

Junior High went 7-1 on season losing opening game of season to Wheelersburg but best player on 8th grade team sat out entire season with broken foot. Stud RB. Uncle played RB at Ohio State.
Martin will be a senior
Young will be a senior
Weekly will be a senior

Trevor Carter will be returning for his senior year as a Tiger!!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I think we will be just fine the defense won’t be as bad as some think nor will the lines on either side of the ball. Better beat them early because once again I think the tigers win the region if they don’t beat themselves

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

PrepStarz wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:00 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:40 pm Ironton will do well.
Key will be the QB staying healthy that is what really hurt Ironton this year against lesser competition it was ok but against better it became a issue.
I don't see no huge drop off they will be ready and hungry to do better next year.
QB1 had a pretty signigicant injury. My guess is the sophmore ( freshman now) will be ya guy next season.
You would be wrong, as usual.

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

PrepStarz wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:42 pm
TigerBob wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:33 pm
PrepStarz wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:49 pm

I'm confused cause on facebook those Fighting Tiger football fan pages or whatever said this was Irontons last season in the OVC. So they will still be in the OVC then to start 22 right?
Hey buddy. New username grade C-. Not very creative.

Ironton, like many school districts, is governed by a Board of Education, which is elected by voters who reside within the district. Ironton is not run by fans on a Facebook group. As such, Ironton will be in the OVC for the 2022-23 school year and into the foreseeable future. If something were to change on that front, the news would come from the schools, not fans on Facebook.
Well I assumed Irontons fanbase is responsible enough that all of that was confirmed before that was publicly reported? Nah?
You talk negatively about Ironton’s fan base constantly but you assumed they would be responsible. Still not making sense regardless of what name you use.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

XandOs wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:55 am Returning Starters that started a game in 2021 to my knowledge

Offense

RB- Keyes Sr.,
RB- Wilson Sr.
WR- Young Jr , Wylie Jr.
TE- Barnes Sr.
OL- Gossett So.
OL- Layne So.
OL- Patterson Jr.

Defense

DL- Weekley Jr.
DL- Layne So.
LB- Barnes Sr.
LB- Keyes Sr.
DB- Wilson Sr.
DB- Wylie Jr.
DB- Young Jr.

I can see 4 kids that played quite a bit last year you didn't name. Also Wesley Neal will take over the place kicking from Sheridan and do an excellent job. Sheridan's holder was one of those 4 kids you didn't name. And you just never know who is liable to come out that didn't play this past year.

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

PrepStarz wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:49 pm
Lavon Helm wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:35 pm
PrepStarz wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:00 pm

QB1 had a pretty signigicant injury. My guess is the sophmore ( freshman now) will be ya guy next season.
You would be wrong, as usual.

Oh wow!!! 👀
Carpenter was already cleared & is 100%? That was a supersonic turnaround. I gotta meet his physical therapist and trainers!!!
Clearly that is not what I said. But you are definitely known for being dramatic.

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

PrepStarz wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:19 pm
Lavon Helm wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:37 pm
PrepStarz wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:42 pm

Well I assumed Irontons fanbase is responsible enough that all of that was confirmed before that was publicly reported? Nah?
You talk negatively about Ironton’s fan base constantly but you assumed they would be responsible. Still not making sense regardless of what name you use.
Yup based on how they go on about protecting their kids if they don't get praised as much as they think they should I thought it'd be logical to assume they would be consistent and credible themselves but I guess not. Makes perfect sense though. The hypocrisy I mean.
Admitting you are inconsistent is a good step.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

First Happy Thanksgiving

Ironton will be good. But not to the level they have been physically.
They’ve lost some great players the last 2 years. You don’t replace guys like that unless you get a bunch of transfers, which several of those guys were.

Just talking to people and what I see a lot of the luster is gone. The Wheelersburg loss was a huge blow to Ironton. Local teams now know they can play with them. And the loss of the huge line is gonna make their team look more like everyone else. Psychology of these kids is huge.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:22 am First Happy Thanksgiving

Ironton will be good. But not to the level they have been physically.
They’ve lost some great players the last 2 years. You don’t replace guys like that unless you get a bunch of transfers, which several of those guys were.

Just talking to people and what I see a lot of the luster is gone. The Wheelersburg loss was a huge blow to Ironton. Local teams now know they can play with them. And the loss of the huge line is gonna make their team look more like everyone else. Psychology of these kids is huge.

It may make Ironton hungrier and more dangerous. They dominated around here for almost 3 years. I actually think the loss to
Wheelersburg could be the best thing that’s happened to the program since Pendelton took over. Time will tell

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Is Ironton hosting some sort of big event in week three in 2022?
A friend was telling me he hear a Friday night game with a double header on Sat?

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

What will help Ironton more than anything is the backups getting playing time last year.
Will Ironton be as good next year as last who knows but with the running backs they have coming back and QB 1 staying healthy they may be a bit better on offense and the line will not be as big but probably be more athletic.
Defense will take the biggest hit I believe but will still be stout.

Return to “Football”