Ironton 2022

XandOs
Varsity

Re: Ironton 2022

Post by XandOs »

[media][/media]
LockHerUp wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:12 am With all due respect, I disagree with going back to a 3 back set for a base offense. Ironton has been to the finals 10 times and the most they've ever scored is 14 points in a game - which is kinda hard to believe considering the talent we've had in those years. At that level of competition, it's hard to just bully teams. And it hurt us against wheelersburg last year, too. With Wylie being more athlete than QB, I'd like to have seen some power read like wheelersburg ran, instead of iso, etc.
Pendleton has been fantastic in most aspects. But, play-calling - at least to me and a few others - has been questionable.
Wylie was hurt most of the year last year with a shoulder injury from my understanding. Wylie didn’t come across to me as a kid that would just run it 15-20 times a game and be able to hold up.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Ok...valid point regarding Wylie. And - no - he isn't built for 15-20 times a game. I still think we need to be more multi-faceted to make a serious run in the playoffs, though.

RadioLady
Riding the Bench

Post by RadioLady »

LockHerUp wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:44 am Ok...valid point regarding Wylie. And - no - he isn't built for 15-20 times a game. I still think we need to be more multi-faceted to make a serious run in the playoffs, though.
The coach needs to get a QB that can pass the ball sounds like to me. Anyone in the area have a good one? Maybe look across the river. Gotta be one down that way somewhere. If not, I remember back in the day they pulled an RB in from Detroit. I'm sure there is a really good QB in the greater Detroit area and Ironton seems to have some connections in that area.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

RadioLady wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:52 am
LockHerUp wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:44 am Ok...valid point regarding Wylie. And - no - he isn't built for 15-20 times a game. I still think we need to be more multi-faceted to make a serious run in the playoffs, though.
The coach needs to get a QB that can pass the ball sounds like to me. Anyone in the area have a good one? Maybe look across the river. Gotta be one down that way somewhere. If not, I remember back in the day they pulled an RB in from Detroit. I'm sure there is a really good QB in the greater Detroit area and Ironton seems to have some connections in that area.
ironton has a good QB he was hurt most of last year good strong arm very accurate keeping him healthy will be key.
He has several D I offers already mostly from the MAC but next year they are set and a sophomore looks very promising after the QB leaves

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

I don't understand the obsession with Ironton's so called recruiting.Open enrollment level the playing field for for public schools to compete with the private schools who never had any geographical boundaries to contend with. All that Ironton is doing or any other teams that take advantage of open enrollment is it is using the tools available to compete with the private and catholic schools.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

gobucs20 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:56 pm I don't understand the obsession with Ironton's so called recruiting.Open enrollment level the playing field for for public schools to compete with the private schools who never had any geographical boundaries to contend with. All that Ironton is doing or any other teams that take advantage of open enrollment is it is using the tools available to compete with the private and catholic schools.
No issues with open enrollment. It’s the recruiting people have issues with. Coaches showing up at basketball games then a kid from that schools ends up at ironton. There is a reason why Ashland ended their rivalry with ironton and it had nothing to do with open enrollment :D

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

Post by Chilly_D_Castro »

gobucs20 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:56 pm I don't understand the obsession with Ironton's so called recruiting.Open enrollment level the playing field for for public schools to compete with the private schools who never had any geographical boundaries to contend with. All that Ironton is doing or any other teams that take advantage of open enrollment is it is using the tools available to compete with the private and catholic schools.
It's weird huh? It's almost like the region perceives some sort of imaginary entitlement from competition at the prep level in any aspect but in game on the field and also another entitlement that excludes them from any change in the past 30 - 40 years.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Looks like another good year coming for the Fighting Tigers, can’t wait to watch them.

Go Fighting Tigers…..

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

No excuses this year....

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

packers80 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:05 pm No excuses this year....
:lol:

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

;) ;)
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:49 pm
packers80 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:05 pm No excuses this year....
:lol:

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Has the indoor facility begun to be built yet? If not when?

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:23 pm
It's weird huh? It's almost like the region perceives some sort of imaginary entitlement from competition at the prep level in any aspect but in game on the field and also another entitlement that excludes them from any change in the past 30 - 40 years.
What he said. :roll:

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

Post by Chilly_D_Castro »

artisgilmore wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:26 am
Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:23 pm
What he said. :roll:
Big part of why the region lags behind in everything.

Tattoo
Waterboy

Post by Tattoo »

In coming freshmen who to watch out for

Return to “Football”