Ironton 2022

artisgilmore
Varsity

Re: Ironton 2022

Post by artisgilmore »

Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:31 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:38 am
Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:10 am
If its any comfort at all, Capital, GW, South Charleston - & then midland & The High & Spring Valley each respectively and consitently have kids transferring around to one of the programs. Same in Columbus, Nati, on and on. It's not really new. Our lens is just bigger. Football itself is "bigger" than it was in the past. And so it goes. I almost see it as a non topic. Just part of it. Football = business. On EVERY level

Ever watch any youth football docs or series?

https://youtu.be/0zPuQiKqU68

Big business. You southeastern ohio fellers love your merica I hear? Getcha some of that free market capitalism and embrace the idea that if there is money to be made from anything, it shall be. I always see all the stripes and bars at these games? Well then. Cheers good sir. Enjoy. 😂
Honestly no idea what you're talking about in regards to my comment, I get it you stayed off of here for awhile and then signed up for a new name but saying same stuff. I could give 2 craps less about transfers, from my perspective I don't believe OHSAA should be trying to control a kids ability to go to this school or that school, they're 15-18 year old kids let them move around however they like why is it a big deal?? Only part of it where I think it should be controlled would be during the season transferring from one school to another, start a season at one place end it at the same after that all bets are off. Honestly you worry about transfers way more than anyone this side of the Mississippi, hats off to you for that accomplishment.
Boy there's a lot to unpack here. Anyways. I don't care or mind "transfers" at all. I'm an advocate of a kids choice of opportunity being priority #1. Waaaaay waaaay ahead of our comfort levels.
Then why do you run your mouth about Ironton?

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

Post by Chilly_D_Castro »

artisgilmore wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:49 pm
Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:31 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:38 am

Honestly no idea what you're talking about in regards to my comment, I get it you stayed off of here for awhile and then signed up for a new name but saying same stuff. I could give 2 craps less about transfers, from my perspective I don't believe OHSAA should be trying to control a kids ability to go to this school or that school, they're 15-18 year old kids let them move around however they like why is it a big deal?? Only part of it where I think it should be controlled would be during the season transferring from one school to another, start a season at one place end it at the same after that all bets are off. Honestly you worry about transfers way more than anyone this side of the Mississippi, hats off to you for that accomplishment.
Boy there's a lot to unpack here. Anyways. I don't care or mind "transfers" at all. I'm an advocate of a kids choice of opportunity being priority #1. Waaaaay waaaay ahead of our comfort levels.
Then why do you run your mouth about Ironton?
Because the old guys on here are easy and funny fodder. Lol. Same guys that call this generation soft get all emotional about high school sports. The hypocrisy is fun to fw with.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to the Fighting Tigers Jaquez Keyes on picking up a 4th Star according to Rivals.com, keep up the hard work.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

No excuses for them this year with what they have.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

I think Ironton is going to be better than most realize.
QB 1 has to stay healthy WR's for Ironton is going to be better and the backfield is stacked.
the OL may surprise people they are big and quick and hungry after last year loss to the Burg.
On defense carter is back and the secondary is quick and the D-line is big and quick also.
experience will be what hurts the LOS but I believe coach Pendleton will address those worries and they will be fine.
I see no reason in them not advancing to the state championship this year and not have a chance to bring home the trophy

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Anything less than a state championship would have to be a major disappointment...one should expect a blowout win in the title game as well. Getting there is cool, but with so much D1 collegiate talent in the small school division there is no way you shouldn't be winning it all.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

522Pirate wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:09 am Anything less than a state championship would have to be a major disappointment...one should expect a blowout win in the title game as well. Getting there is cool, but with so much D1 collegiate talent in the small school division there is no way you shouldn't be winning it all.
I agree but last year showed what injuries to key players can do to a team.
Ironton lost their QB 1 in the Portsmouth game and played Burg without him.
Ironton's run game was doing well until Burg made adjustments and stopped the run game and forced Ironton to have to pass and well you saw the results three inceptions I believe and defense was on the field to much and just wore down.
Ironton stays healthy they can win it all but injuries is a key part of everyone's game.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

fielddaddy wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:59 am I think Ironton is going to be better than most realize.
QB 1 has to stay healthy WR's for Ironton is going to be better and the backfield is stacked.
the OL may surprise people they are big and quick and hungry after last year loss to the Burg.
On defense carter is back and the secondary is quick and the D-line is big and quick also.
experience will be what hurts the LOS but I believe coach Pendleton will address those worries and they will be fine.
I see no reason in them not advancing to the state championship this year and not have a chance to bring home the trophy
“Address those worries” code for recruit kids to fill those holes😂

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

fielddaddy wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:24 am
522Pirate wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:09 am Anything less than a state championship would have to be a major disappointment...one should expect a blowout win in the title game as well. Getting there is cool, but with so much D1 collegiate talent in the small school division there is no way you shouldn't be winning it all.
I agree but last year showed what injuries to key players can do to a team.
Ironton lost their QB 1 in the Portsmouth game and played Burg without him.
Ironton's run game was doing well until Burg made adjustments and stopped the run game and forced Ironton to have to pass and well you saw the results three inceptions I believe and defense was on the field to much and just wore down.
Ironton stays healthy they can win it all but injuries is a key part of everyone's game.
Shame he and Roe both were hurt for that playoff game. Would’ve liked to have seen them both healthy. 17-6 score could’ve been much different either way honestly.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The Line is going to be just fine 😁

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Who going to be on the line or working for a spot ???

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

fielddaddy wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:59 am I think Ironton is going to be better than most realize.
No, I think everyone has the expectation that they are going to be very good; how can you not when there are 6-9 D1 college recruits on a high school Div 5 Team? And more seemingly coming in by the week? The real question becomes is anything less than an undefeated season and a state title a failure on the coaching staff? And by no means do I want to see any kid get hurt, but unless a majority of the talent gets injured that's no excuse either...

I honestly don't know that on paper ANY team in Ohio has the level of D1 talent that Ironton has. A lot of pressure on that coaching staff and on that recruiting service.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

OVCFan1 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:53 am
No, I think everyone has the expectation that they are going to be very good; how can you not when there are 6-9 D1 college recruits on a high school Div 5 Team? And more seemingly coming in by the week? The real question becomes is anything less than an undefeated season and a state title a failure on the coaching staff? And by no means do I want to see any kid get hurt, but unless a majority of the talent gets injured that's no excuse either...

I honestly don't know that on paper ANY team in Ohio has the level of D1 talent that Ironton has. A lot of pressure on that coaching staff and on that recruiting service.

Maybe it’s the same type talent that’s always been at Ironton and coach Pendleton is just better at the college recruiting game. I’ve been a fan of Ironton for over 40 years and the talent level looks just like it did for the last 40 years. Kids are just getting the opportunity finally at a much faster rate.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

XandOs wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:36 pm
OVCFan1 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:53 am

Maybe it’s the same type talent that’s always been at Ironton and coach Pendleton is just better at the college recruiting game. I’ve been a fan of Ironton for over 40 years and the talent level looks just like it did for the last 40 years. Kids are just getting the opportunity finally at a much faster rate.
I remember a lot of Ironton teams over the years that were loaded with talent. Talent is nothing new to that program.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I think Ironton should go Woody Hayes old school all season. There is no reason to get sophisticated in a passing game. Do just enough to keep the defense honest. I'd feed Keyes the ball 15 times a game. Here it is stop it if you can. Outside of the Burg, JC and Jackson, Ironton should run the table easily. Turnovers and penalties were Ironton's biggest issues last year. Stop the drive killing self inflicted wounds. I feel they rightly deserve to be one of the top teams in the region, and probably the state, in their division.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

I would run mostly the old 3 back power T offense with Keys,Carter and the Huntington kid.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Bfan99 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:17 am I would run mostly the old 3 back power T offense with Keys,Carter and the Huntington kid.
If Ironton's QB1 can stay healthy I believe Ironton will open it up with the talent they have at WR
I believe the transfer from Huntington Felder will be a swiss blade of sorts on offence going from slot to wb.
Carter may see some time at rb but I believe he may be a focus on Defense with Irontons depth at RB.
this is a special team for sure and with Ironton coaches working with Grade School up into JR. High.
They even have someone in JR. High now helping the kids prepare for the High School level.
Ironton is steps above other programs in the area in many areas and slowly getting there in others.
Wheelersburg is still a team to be reconned with as is Jackson to very good programs no question about it.
But Ironton is using all the tools available from Social Media to coaches clinics to 7 on 7 camps for kids of all ages.
Pendleton is a tireless worker trying to get Ironton back to the top.
Not bad for a 3rd or 4th choice for head Coach.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Ironton is almost equally as talented at WR position.

QB- Carpenter, Schreck
RB- Keyes, Carter, Felder
WR-Perkins, Martin, Young, Wilson, Terry
TE/FB Weekley, Barnes

OL- Should be really athletic. Return 3 guys with considerable playing time. Patterson will be a man child at 6’3 260 lbs. and very athletic. Line will still be good size as all tackles are in 250-270 range and guards in 220-240 range.

This doesn’t include a freshman and JV team that is LOADED. They won every game I believe in last 2-3 years at that level.

Defense will be very athletic and fast. This will probably be the fastest Defense I’ve ever seen Ironton have. They will play 11 guys that can all run under a 5 flat 40.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

With all due respect, I disagree with going back to a 3 back set for a base offense. Ironton has been to the finals 10 times and the most they've ever scored is 14 points in a game - which is kinda hard to believe considering the talent we've had in those years. At that level of competition, it's hard to just bully teams. And it hurt us against wheelersburg last year, too. With Wylie being more athlete than QB, I'd like to have seen some power read like wheelersburg ran, instead of iso, etc.
Pendleton has been fantastic in most aspects. But, play-calling - at least to me and a few others - has been questionable.

Paladine
Waterboy

Post by Paladine »

LockHerUp wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:12 am With all due respect, I disagree with going back to a 3 back set for a base offense. Ironton has been to the finals 10 times and the most they've ever scored is 14 points in a game - which is kinda hard to believe considering the talent we've had in those years. At that level of competition, it's hard to just bully teams. And it hurt us against wheelersburg last year, too. With Wylie being more athlete than QB, I'd like to have seen some power read like wheelersburg ran, instead of iso, etc.
Pendleton has been fantastic in most aspects. But, play-calling - at least to me and a few others - has been questionable.
Welcome to SEO football.

Return to “Football”