Ironton HS multi-game event

TigerBob
All Conference

Re: Ironton HS multi-game event

Post by TigerBob »

wobycat wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:18 am This would work pre season as a jamboree game. But only with teams that would interest local fan bases. The crowd for the Ironton/moller game wasnt a that great. Another thing that hurts these local teams is live feed. It’s killing attendance.
I truly don’t understand why teams do this. If 200 people choose to stay home and watch for free instead of a $5 ticket, that’s $1000. Surely schools not making $1000 a game on these broadcasts.

I like it personally, as when I don’t go to a game it’s almost like having football package for free. Got to see some good games this year that I wouldn’t have seen otherwise. Just not sure it’s smart for schools.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Is this a go?

nctabulator
Riding the Bench

Post by nctabulator »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:16 pm Is this a go?
Yes, 2 games already scheduled, trying to find a team for a 3rd game.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

nctabulator wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:05 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:16 pm Is this a go?
Yes, 2 games already scheduled, trying to find a team for a 3rd game.
Count me in.

Can you post the confirmed games and then the third, if they get it?

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Keep an eye on Twitter for an eye opening announcement.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Should be a fun three games.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

RiverRatRay wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:24 pm Keep an eye on Twitter for an eye opening announcement.
An Ironton game on national tv rumor?

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

be interesting to hear what other teams are included and who plays who.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Announcement coming Monday on Twitter. Be sure and follow on Ironton Football.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

frankie wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:00 am
RiverRatRay wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:24 pm Keep an eye on Twitter for an eye opening announcement.
An Ironton game on national tv rumor?
As hard a worker as Coach Pendleton is nothing would surprise me. I don't publish rumors as I said before. I like to let rumors become facts. This is coach's baby so I'll stick with his announcement.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Announcement postponed until later this week. No reason given.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Announcement to be made on DLC Sports Network sometime in the next couple of days. It is to be live streamed. I would say you have to have a Facebook account to get this. You can watch an interview of Coach Pendleton by Doctor Dave Lucas by going there now. He says this is going to be something that has never happened in our area before. Ironton has had 4 college coaches visit the school in the last several days. Marshall. WVU, Kent State and Toledo.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

The cat’s already out of the bag on at least one game.

All I can say is ”wow!”

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:35 am The cat’s already out of the bag on at least one game.

All I can say is ”wow!”
“Wow” as in its going to be a great game between two good teams or as in going to be a lackluster game? Hopefully it’s the former and not the latter.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

The games I’ve heard are going to be the good wow, not the bad. Big names inside and outside of Ohio. We’ll see.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

TigerBob wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:53 pm The games I’ve heard are going to be the good wow, not the bad. Big names inside and outside of Ohio. We’ll see.
Correct.

Normally am not one to validate message board hype, but I know one of the games to be announced and it is massive.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Who's running from who or is it 'whom'? Ashland running from Ironton or is it the other way around? Ironton needs some tougher games to prepare for the playoffs. Ashland is a very worthy opponent, year after year..and it's a HUGE gate

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

kantucky wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:03 pm Who's running from who or is it 'whom'? Ashland running from Ironton or is it the other way around? Ironton needs some tougher games to prepare for the playoffs. Ashland is a very worthy opponent, year after year..and it's a HUGE gate
Did Ironton run from Ashland to play Moeller. Now does that even make good sense. Who did Ashland play instead of Ironton Louisville Trinity, I doubt it. Return those contracts on time and you won't have these problems.

truetrojan1961
Waterboy

Post by truetrojan1961 »

kantucky wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:03 pm Who's running from who or is it 'whom'? Ashland running from Ironton or is it the other way around? Ironton needs some tougher games to prepare for the playoffs. Ashland is a very worthy opponent, year after year..and it's a HUGE gate
your current coach dont want nothing to do with ashland , all these things happening would be great if the home town kids actualy benefited more then the all stars from where ever rumor is its about to bite them in the ass

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

RiverRatRay wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:15 pm
Did Ironton run from Ashland to play Moeller. Now does that even make good sense. Who did Ashland play instead of Ironton Louisville Trinity, I doubt it. Return those contracts on time and you won't have these problems.
You're smarter than this Ray. Could it make good (or any sense at all) to play Moeller instead of Ashland? YES!!!

NO one expected Ironton to beat Moeller. EVERYONE EXPECTS Ironton to defeat Ashland, If you don't, it's considered embarrassing. Give a good account of yourself playing Moeller however (which the Tigers did) even if you get beaten...you'll still get the same amount of respect as if you'd won the game.

Better to be defeated by a team that everyone thinks you have absolutely no chance to defeat rather than lose to someone many people think you should handle in a convincing fashion. Was I saying that was the case? no, just saying, it would be easy to accept that could be the case though

Thanks for letting us know Ashland won't sign our contract...I didn't know you were privy to that..but I'm glad that's out in the open so we can start badgering/taunting Ashland to step up to the desk and sign that contract!

Now that's over..I have a 20+ minute video of Ashland at Ashland after the Ironton game one year. I stayed long after most Ironton fans had gotten to their cars and were on their way home...but I stayed to film. Film what? what were they doing? they are all out on the field and the parents are taking turns photographing the players with the scoreboard still on behind them after they beat them Tigers. That's HOW MUCH they thought of Ironton back then. That it was such a monumental accomplishment to defeat Ironton, they wanted commemorative photographs. I didn't take it as an insult, I took it as a compliment to Ironton's program

Dominating opponents for Ironton to take on in this area? Ashland, Burg, Portsmouth and Russell..thats the way they stack up..

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!

Return to “Football”