Ironton HS multi-game event

fielddaddy
JV Team

Re: Ironton HS multi-game event

Post by fielddaddy »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:16 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:40 pm I want to know who is going to be at the event who is playing who.
Anyone have that information.
I can careless hearing who is recruiting and who isn't.
Why this team won't play Ironton that is for other topics.
I want to talk about the event noted above.
One of them is DeMatha Catholic (Washington, DC) and Cleveland Benedictine.
Wow if true that is going to be awesome I would be getting tickets to go see that one for sure

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

With this turning into a bigger out-of-state private school event, the only appeal for me would be the Ironton game.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:07 am With this turning into a bigger out-of-state private school event, the only appeal for me would be the Ironton game.
Yeah I have to agree with you there, I get the big name on the schools. In SEO though the whole private vs public school debate has always been looked at very differently especially come playoff time there's very strong thoughts that ppl have in this regard. For a SEO team to host such an event where it's private schools that are the headliners at least for me it's just something I would be out on. Now if it turns out they're taking those 2 private schools and pairing them off with 2 better public schools in the area that could change my mind a bit.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

greygoose wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:30 am
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:07 am With this turning into a bigger out-of-state private school event, the only appeal for me would be the Ironton game.
Yeah I have to agree with you there, I get the big name on the schools. In SEO though the whole private vs public school debate has always been looked at very differently especially come playoff time there's very strong thoughts that ppl have in this regard. For a SEO team to host such an event where it's private schools that are the headliners at least for me it's just something I would be out on. Now if it turns out they're taking those 2 private schools and pairing them off with 2 better public schools in the area that could change my mind a bit.
The two Maryland schools are allowed to recruit and that in itself is a turnoff as far as seeing them playing any public school. Another thing with those types of private schools is they seldom ever travel well.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Don’t get your reasoning.Would you rather watch high level teams play each other or very average area teams? I don’t get it. :roll:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I hope the event has a full house for each game and all of the games are nailbiters. I doubt
DeMatha Catholic (Washington, DC) and Cleveland Benedictine have no appeal at all and I doubt that will turn out to be a nailbiter.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

I’ve heard that the Cleveland school was a last minute addition due to another Power in Ohio backing out at the 11th hour

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I don’t care if it’s a private school, public school, military school whatever if there are big name teams showing up I’m going to watch.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Maybe I missed it,but what’s the 3rd game teams?

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

I think Dematha is known more for B-Ball than football,but I could be wrong.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I sent a message and asked are the reams finalized for the Ironton Classic and the answer I got was "Yes". I took that to mean we will let you know the details when the time is right.

nctabulator
Riding the Bench

Post by nctabulator »

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Three games on A Sat is hard to say no to.
Congrats on those in charge of getting this done.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Games on a Saturday so I’ll probably go check it out. Hopefully it becomes a yearly thing and we get to see different teams from all over.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

This is a great thing for the Ironton area Moeller will be loaded again
Johnson central will be a big game for Ironton be cool seeing the other teams play.
Ironton's coach and Athletic director is doing great things for Ironton and I can see this being a big hit for the Ironton area.
I know this event will have it's doubters no doubt but who cares this is Ironton doing what others can not or will not do or try.
This will be a exciting event with quality teams and talent for the true fan of High School football to see first hand that then normally would not have a chance to see.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

What TV packages is FloSports carried on?

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Jason Moore DE for DeMatha will be a 5* recruit. We dont get to see those type of players very often.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

artisgilmore wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:54 pm I think Dematha is known more for B-Ball than football,but I could be wrong.
They had Chase Young a few years back, as well as Markelle Fultz on the basketball team a former #1 pick. They’re one of the best programs in MD

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Cowboy22
Riding the Bench

Post by Cowboy22 »

Couple questions about this event. Will one ticket get you all three games and are tickets available online yet. If so what is the link

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I hope things are back to normal and tickets are sold at the gate.

Return to “Football”