Ironton HS multi-game event

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Re: Ironton HS multi-game event

Post by RiverRatRay »

There are always those who likes to try and lay the blame where it isn't. I have a good friend from Ashland and his comment to me every year is,"well we are coming to take our annual butt kicking." True we had been down a couple years but those years have past and those in the know don't want their annual butt kicking to continue. We even have a former Ironton player on the coaching staff at Ashland. He talks like its us running from them. Well sign the contract big boy and let's strap them on and continue to play. Believe me Kentucky its them that don't want to continue. Ironton will play anyone anywhere.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

truetrojan1961 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:00 pm
kantucky wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:03 pm Who's running from who or is it 'whom'? Ashland running from Ironton or is it the other way around? Ironton needs some tougher games to prepare for the playoffs. Ashland is a very worthy opponent, year after year..and it's a HUGE gate
your current coach dont want nothing to do with ashland , all these things happening would be great if the home town kids actualy benefited more then the all stars from where ever rumor is its about to bite them in the ass
I’m pretty sure this is why they don’t play. Ironton took a couple of players from Ashland a couple of years ago and I don’t think it was on the up and up from what I heard.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Who did you hear it from if I might ask. Not a true statement from a mod. If you make a statement like that about a school a least give us your facts. Matash get this removed please.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RiverRatRay wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:51 am Who did you hear it from if I might ask. Not a true statement from a mod. If you make a statement like that about a school a least give us your facts. Matash get this removed please.
Re read the statement. I said, It’s what I heard. And it is a fact that two players came over from Ashland two years ago. I heard Ashland coaches weren’t happy about it and they felt they were recruited over there and that’s why they won’t play anymore. How you interpret that is on the individual. You’re more than welcome to disagree.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

You my friend are a poor excuse for a mod and need to resign immediately. You don't post crap like that especially being a moderator. Being a former administrator of this site I'm just giving you some good advise.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RiverRatRay wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:04 am You my friend are a poor excuse for a mod and need to resign immediately. You don't post crap like that especially being a moderator. Being a former administrator of this site I'm just giving you some good advise.
It’s a discussion board. People discuss topics based on their opinions from information. You can name call all you want but I gave my opinion on why I believe Ashland doesn’t play Ironton anymore. You believe it’s from not signing contracts. I don’t.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

No I know it's from not signing contracts. Now you tell me where you heard your info from. I got mine from the Ironton AD. If yours was so important to put on this board tell me where you heard it. You don't put that any school broke an OHSAA rule recruiting and not put forth the facts. There is no discussing with someone who makes things up.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RiverRatRay wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:53 am No I know it's from not signing contracts. Now you tell me where you heard your info from. I got mine from the Ironton AD. If yours was so important to put on this board tell me where you heard it. You don't put that any school broke an OHSAA rule recruiting and not put forth the facts. There is no discussing with someone who makes things up.
Isn’t the Ironton coach the AD? Why would Ashland just pick up the phone and say we are not playing this year? What’s the point of holding up not signing the contract?

Like I said previously, it’s something I heard not something I made up to put on the board as a rumor. It just doesn’t add up for me.

But I’ll bow out of the conversation. It obviously has you triggered.

truetrojan1961
Waterboy

Post by truetrojan1961 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:10 am
RiverRatRay wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:53 am No I know it's from not signing contracts. Now you tell me where you heard your info from. I got mine from the Ironton AD. If yours was so important to put on this board tell me where you heard it. You don't put that any school broke an OHSAA rule recruiting and not put forth the facts. There is no discussing with someone who makes things up.
Isn’t the Ironton coach the AD? Why would Ashland just pick up the phone and say we are not playing this year? What’s the point of holding up not signing the contract?

Like I said previously, it’s something I heard not something I made up to put on the board as a rumor. It just doesn’t add up for me.

But I’ll bow out of the conversation. It obviously has you triggered.
you cant argue with these people t5hey slam every single school they play ,esp. Burg then want explanations who knows if this guys spewing lies ? he talks as if he knows soooo much about the going ons but hides behind ,thats not my place to post,why even bring it up then , just to be seen ,attention?, look at me Im friends with the great one ? lol

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

River Rat Ray's comments don't sound like they're from the same triple R that I'm used to reading over the years. Maybe he's getting cranky in his later years! :D

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I think that it won't be that hard to goad Ashland into returning a signed contract. I'm glad to find that's what's going on. Watch me go to work :>)

It's crazy Ironton and Ashland aren't playing. it's good for both school's programs to prepare for the playoffs.

I'd love to see these teams on Ironton's schedule: Portsmouth, Wheelersburg, Ashland, Jackson, Belfry, Russell, Zane Trace, Portsmouth West...two more...

South Point? Chesapeake? Coal Grove? Please...it's not even worth going and watching. The Ironton at South Point game this year was so boring I almost fell asleep

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Since portsmouth and ironton want to shutdown basketball why don't they discuss shutting down this crap. You wanna talk super spreaders then this is an example of what not to do . Of course, none of this has to do with ironton and ptwon sucking at basketball this year. Ifbyoy wanna shutdown superspreader events then why aren't the hypocritical posters advocating shutting down this bs event.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

You can't win with home grown talent. You gotta recruit. Screw ironton. You are truly a has-been team relying on outside talent to sustain a run that got ur ass whooped on a neutral field. Cmon, John. You are better, or at least I thought. Be honest!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

For the record, I know exactly who is saying what. I understand why 1961 is saying what he is saying. If you wanna shut it down then shut down this bs too. Be consistent or be gone is my motto. But, I still luv ya always.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

pistol wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:33 pm River Rat Ray's comments don't sound like they're from the same triple R that I'm used to reading over the years. Maybe he's getting cranky in his later years! :D
Nope pistol it's me. Just get tired of seeing things that aren't true posted on a site I helped start back in 1999. Cranky you are probably right. When you get to be in your 80s ain't you allowed to be a little cranky. One thing I don't do is hide behind a name and if 1961 wants to know who I am he can ask 3 very good Trojan fans Trojan Dave, bigdog or Ozxie. Been friends with those guys since hell froze over. Or go ask Amy Hughes she will tell you also. When you get my age you know everyone.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

FIDO wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:05 am You can't win with home grown talent. You gotta recruit. Screw ironton. You are truly a has-been team relying on outside talent to sustain a run that got ur ass whooped on a neutral field. Cmon, John. You are better, or at least I thought. Be honest!
Read that first line Fido. Truer words were never spoken. Anyone who says they win with home grown talent may not be being honest about how they are winning. Move ins and transfers plus locals make up all winning teams.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

FIDO wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:05 am You can't win with home grown talent. You gotta recruit. Screw ironton. You are truly a has-been team relying on outside talent to sustain a run that got ur ass whooped on a neutral field. Cmon, John. You are better, or at least I thought. Be honest!
Kirtland wins with homegrown talent. I’m pretty sure their cb was like zero. Or close to it.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

wobycat wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:55 am
Kirtland wins with homegrown talent. I’m pretty sure their cb was like zero. Or close to it.
Kirtland is in a much larger metropolitan area. They also share District with other schools. It’s not the same as down here.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:32 am
wobycat wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:55 am
Kirtland is in a much larger metropolitan area. They also share District with other schools. It’s not the same as down here.
I’ve been to kirtland. It’s a little rural just right outside a big town. But it still has distinct lines. Looks like south Webster in my opinion.

But we can also consider Versailles. CB of 1.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Versailles has been good 1 time in last 10 years. Sometimes those classes just come together to make a run. Most programs who have sustained excellence have kids moving in and open enrollment at younger ages. There was a story in paper in Youngstown not long ago that Akron Hoban, Massillon, and I can’t remember the other school has players driving over an hour 1 way to school.

Return to “Football”