021 D VII State FB Championship-Marion Local Breezes By Newark Catholic For 12th State Title

radiodavel
JV Team

021 D VII State FB Championship-Marion Local Breezes By Newark Catholic For 12th State Title

Post by radiodavel »

021 D VII State FB Championship-Marion Local Breezes By Newark Catholic For 12th State Title https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2021 ... tate-title

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Re: 021 D VII State FB Championship-Marion Local Breezes By Newark Catholic For 12th State Title

Post by Tigernation2021 »

radiodavel wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:13 pm 021 D VII State FB Championship-Marion Local Breezes By Newark Catholic For 12th State Title https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2021 ... tate-title
Yeah they made that look quite easy, ML in the playoffs gave up a grand total of 28 points in the 6 games and were never challenged at any point in the playoffs. They've been on another level for quite some time now, very impressive.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: 021 D VII State FB Championship-Marion Local Breezes By Newark Catholic For 12th State Title

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I feel sorry for division 7. No one has a chance vs Marion local.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
NEO80
Riding the Bench

Post by NEO80 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:08 pm I feel sorry for division 7. No one has a chance vs Marion local.
They are a machine for sure. The MAC is always tough

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:08 pm I feel sorry for division 7. No one has a chance vs Marion local.
Yeah and they're not even close to moving up either, they've got a CB number of only 2. Getting very tempting to make a trip up that way and catch some MAC games, I've always heard they're PACKED to the rim.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

NEO80 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:49 pm
They are a machine for sure. The MAC is always tough
Fact.

This years D5 Champ, D6 Runner up and D7 champ....and the D7 champ won the conference.

Scenic Highway
Waterboy

Post by Scenic Highway »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:13 am
Yeah and they're not even close to moving up either, they've got a CB number of only 2. Getting very tempting to make a trip up that way and catch some MAC games, I've always heard they're PACKED to the rim.
They are plus the stadiums aren't overly big. 50-50 pots are nice though

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Yea and just think how bad the beatdown would have been if NC wasn't D7 after they put beatdowns on the teams they played in their bracket. Woulda been ugly to say the least.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

meatswinger wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:40 pm
Yea and just think how bad the beatdown would have been if NC wasn't D7 after they put beatdowns on the teams they played in their bracket. Woulda been ugly to say the least.
Man that was ugly enough against NC, if you look at their other DVII playoff runs it's much of the same in terms of overall score. They do a nice job of simply not just running it up on teams. ML in DVII is just a beast unless a special team comes through and knocks them off New Bremen was able to last year but they went on to win the state so that tells you exactly what it takes for sure.

MACMan
Waterboy

Post by MACMan »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:36 pm
Man that was ugly enough against NC, if you look at their other DVII playoff runs it's much of the same in terms of overall score. They do a nice job of simply not just running it up on teams. ML in DVII is just a beast unless a special team comes through and knocks them off New Bremen was able to last year but they went on to win the state so that tells you exactly what it takes for sure.
Yea and I would like to see the OHSAA take a page out of the college football set up where teams from the same conference meet in the state finals. You know, like they do for the SEC making sure there are two in and they never play each other until the championship game. There are many years when the MAC has the two best teams in the state, some years maybe the top 3 even, in the same division so why shouldn't they get to be state champions and state runner up respectively? Like last year ML and NB were the two best but they met in the early rounds and cheated the loser out of the championship game. Change my mind.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

MACMan wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:37 am
Tigernation2021 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:36 pm

Yea and I would like to see the OHSAA take a page out of the college football set up where teams from the same conference meet in the state finals. You know, like they do for the SEC making sure there are two in and they never play each other until the championship game. There are many years when the MAC has the two best teams in the state, some years maybe the top 3 even, in the same division so why shouldn't they get to be state champions and state runner up respectively? Like last year ML and NB were the two best but they met in the early rounds and cheated the loser out of the championship game. Change my mind.
I can't argue against that.

Return to “Football”