A Look At The 2021 OHSAA State Football Championship Attendance Numbers

radiodavel
JV Team

A Look At The 2021 OHSAA State Football Championship Attendance Numbers

Post by radiodavel »

A Look At The 2021 OHSAA State Football Championship Attendance Numbers https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2021 ... ce-numbers

bsee12345
Varsity

Re: A Look At The 2021 OHSAA State Football Championship Attendance Numbers

Post by bsee12345 »

The decrease in attendance in the finals was made up by the extra week of playoffs. We need to see over the next couple years the revenue from football to be to make a determination of the direction this is all going. I can probably say that the ticket prices will probably go nowhere but up.

If you go in person to football finals the cost was $15.00 a game. You can stay at home and watch at 10.00 a game if you are not a Spectrum customer.
The casual fan is staying home.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

bsee12345 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:46 pm The decrease in attendance in the finals was made up by the extra week of playoffs. We need to see over the next couple years the revenue from football to be to make a determination of the direction this is all going. I can probably say that the ticket prices will probably go nowhere but up.

If you go in person to football finals the cost was $15.00 a game. You can stay at home and watch at 10.00 a game if you are not a Spectrum customer.
The extra week is for MONEY only - no other reason!
It’s ridiculous. High School kids playing more games than college.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

smurray wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:22 pm
bsee12345 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:46 pm The decrease in attendance in the finals was made up by the extra week of playoffs. We need to see over the next couple years the revenue from football to be to make a determination of the direction this is all going. I can probably say that the ticket prices will probably go nowhere but up.

Thats my point also. Thats why I do not understand why wondering how the attendance was this weekend matters- OHSAA got their payday- its not about the whats best for the sport- its about making money for the OHSAA.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Yeah forget playing more than college, they've put these kids who make it to state playing as many games as NFL players. Teams that make it to state are playing 16 game seasons now, what happened to the idea of expansion but the top teams had a bye week? This isn't even including 2 scrimmage games. It's just crazy that they talk safety, safety, safety but they're now asking just about every team to play as many as college. Then the teams the make deep runs are now pushing the NFL portion of the schedule. Need to be done differently for sure, even cutting down the regular season to 8/9 games could've been an option.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

In my opinion canton is a stupid location. Should be in the center of the state but I’ve heard Ohio state doesn’t want games there. Also can see why it’s in canton because of a nfl stadium. If you have spectrum you can order a pizza and not leave your living room. Travel from southern Ohio is about 4 hours and setting in the northern cold can be miserable. Social media, stream sites is keeping people at home as well. Also 16 weeks as too long for high school football

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Kids that age can play 30 games a year if they needed to.They are a lot tougher than people give them credit for.Try to remember when you were young,if you can. :P :lol:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:43 pm

Yeah forget playing more than college, they've put these kids who make it to state playing as many games as NFL players. Teams that make it to state are playing 16 game seasons now, what happened to the idea of expansion but the top teams had a bye week? This isn't even including 2 scrimmage games. It's just crazy that they talk safety, safety, safety but they're now asking just about every team to play as many as college. Then the teams the make deep runs are now pushing the NFL portion of the schedule. Need to be done differently for sure, even cutting down the regular season to 8/9 games could've been an option.
No one below a 7 seed made it to the final 4.
Three 1’s were State Champions.
A 3, 4, 5 and a 7 rounded out as Champions.

ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for 16 in each region.
There was nothing wrong with 8.
Shorten the regular season to 9 games, make it 12 teams if you really need the expansion - top 4 with 1st round bye.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

artisgilmore wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:50 pm Kids that age can play 30 games a year if they needed to.They are a lot tougher than people give them credit for.Try to remember when you were young,if you can. :P :lol:
Tell that to the injury list, these smaller schools players are 2-way players there's very little platooning. Yeah I remember that age and I remember playing beat up from about week 4/5 on and we didn't make the playoffs. Spent half a season playing through an injury and a month or 2 after the season trying to recover it, and like you said though would've played 30 if needed to. I get what you're saying but energy wasn't the main point of emphasis in the convo. Larger schools with more of a player pull, yeah it's not near the strain on a roster as smaller schools.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

artisgilmore wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:50 pm Kids that age can play 30 games a year if they needed to.They are a lot tougher than people give them credit for.Try to remember when you were young,if you can. :P :lol:

That's too much wear and tear on a body. You have to factor in that at most all small schools and even some of the bigger ones some of these kids are playing 2-3 sports each year. It takes a toll on them after HS.

I remember playing pickup basketball with a guy who played football for Burg about 10 years after we got out of school. This guy wasn't a starter and barely got in. He was on the side putting a knee brace on both knees. I asked him what that was for and he said football in HS. I said really, you didn't even play that much. He said he was usually always the other teams RB in practice so he took a lot of hits. I asked him if it was worth it and he said probably not.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

9588 in the DV championship in 2017 was mostly Burg fans. If that game would have been played in Columbus you might have been pushing close to 11,000 as I talked to a lot of people from Southern Ohio who said they wouldn't travel to Canton but would have driven to Columbus.

Canton is a horrible location, don't care that it's a pro football stadium. Politics has to be playing a huge part in why it is there. There are plenty of venues around Columbus that could of held all of the games from this past weekend. Fortress at Obetz being one.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:00 am 9588 in the DV championship in 2017 was mostly Burg fans. If that game would have been played in Columbus you might have been pushing close to 11,000 as I talked to a lot of people from Southern Ohio who said they wouldn't travel to Canton but would have driven to Columbus.

Canton is a horrible location, don't care that it's a pro football stadium. Politics has to be playing a huge part in why it is there. There are plenty of venues around Columbus that could of held all of the games from this past weekend. Fortress at Obetz being one.
Yep, politics and the folks in Canton wine and dine the big whigs of the OHSAA. And yes, the extra game/s is all about the OHSAA making more money. There is absolutely no other reason for it. Sad.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Being in Canton is the big factor of the low attendance, then TV, and then the same teams win it every year. Be nice if you win state the next year you get bumped up a division next year. OHSAA sucks at counting real enrollment

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:00 am 9588 in the DV championship in 2017 was mostly Burg fans. If that game would have been played in Columbus you might have been pushing close to 11,000 as I talked to a lot of people from Southern Ohio who said they wouldn't travel to Canton but would have driven to Columbus.

Athens probably had close to 10k alone on a Thursday night. Probably would have been a 20k attendance if on Friday or Saturday night but god forbid OHSAA put Mr. Football as the prime time game :roll:

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:01 pm Being in Canton is the big factor of the low attendance, then TV, and then the same teams win it every year. Be nice if you win state the next year you get bumped up a division next year. OHSAA sucks at counting real enrollment
Them there boys in that ther OHS double A should take a lesson from West By Gawd and do it like they do it. Would be better if they did.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

hannancoach wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:10 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:01 pm Being in Canton is the big factor of the low attendance, then TV, and then the same teams win it every year. Be nice if you win state the next year you get bumped up a division next year. OHSAA sucks at counting real enrollment
Them there boys in that ther OHS double A should take a lesson from West By Gawd and do it like they do it. Would be better if they did.
Agree. They should play the Ohio championships in Wheeling. Then they’d also pull in the Cabela’s crowd. Make that money hand over fist.

Or wait, did you just mean have it on an island so nobody could leave if you move out all the boats?

carnholio
Waterboy

Post by carnholio »

enigmaax wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:20 pm

Agree. They should play the Ohio championships in Wheeling. Then they’d also pull in the Cabela’s crowd. Make that money hand over fist.
And Primanti Bros. at The Highlands afterwards, yinz jagoffs. /s

Return to “Football”