OVC 2022

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

OVC 2022

Post by OVCFan1 »

How's the league shape up for next year - Top returning players, who are some players that will contribute next season we may not know about?
My take on the league rankings from Top to bottom for next year:
1. Ironton - Keyes, Carpenter, Wylie, Porter, Perkins, Martin, Wilson, and a ton of talent I'm sure I'm missing
2. Fairland - Graduates Brumfield, but returns the QB , Kitts, Mckee, Leep and in my opinion the best Coach in the League
3. Coal Grove - returns Chase Hall, Steven Simpson and the QB. I think they return some solid linemen too.
4. Gallia - returns Clary, Armstrong, Fellure, and the 2 Shamblins - this team can make more noise depending on numbers.
5. Portsmouth - they lose a ton, but they have nice young athletes and Kalb seems to have them moving in a good direction
6. Rock Hill - lose Hankins, Blagg and Malone and I believe their QB was a Sr. bring back Medinger on the line and French in the secondary
7. South Point - maybe someone else can fill this in
8. Chesapeake - I know they had a really rough season this year

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: OVC 2022

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironton - Carter will be back for the Fighting Tigers

#32 starting LB Lincoln Barnes will be back

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

OVCFan1 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:06 pm How's the league shape up for next year - Top returning players, who are some players that will contribute next season we may not know about?
1. Ironton - Keyes, Carpenter, Wylie, Porter, Perkins, Martin, Wilson, and a ton of talent I'm sure I'm missing
2. Fairland - Graduates Brumfield, but returns the QB , Kitts, Mckee, Leep and in my opinion the best Coach in the League
3. Coal Grove - returns Chase Hall, Steven Simpson and the QB. I think they return some solid linemen too.
4. Gallia - returns Clary, Armstrong, Fellure, and the 2 Shamblins - this team can make more noise depending on numbers.
5. Portsmouth - they lose a ton, but they have nice young athletes and Kalb seems to have them moving in a good direction
6. Rock Hill - lose Hankins, Blagg and Malone and I believe their QB was a Sr. bring back Medinger on the line and French in the secondary
Gallia would love to have Armstrong back 🤣 I think you mean Franklin.

Carter will be back for Ironton also

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I can see Young, Scheck. Weekly, Freeman, Patterson and Mize who all played a ton last year for Ironton.

Goat_80
Waterboy

Post by Goat_80 »

I personally can’t wait to see the recruiting class ironton pulls in this year.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Me either. 8-)

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Might shock a few 😂

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:21 pm Might shock a few 😂
Could you elaborate?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

:D

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

OVCFan1 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:06 pm How's the league shape up for next year - Top returning players, who are some players that will contribute next season we may not know about?
Could definitely see Ironton at the top with Fairland sitting at #2, but I think it's a true toss up for that #3 spot between Portsmouth, Coal Grove, Gallia. We could see some good matchups between those teams. Gallia needs to fix the numbers problem tho, even if you have some stars you still need a certain amount of depth. Ironton finishing #1 and Rock Hill #6 wouldn't surprise me at all.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Just a #,not names. :)

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

If Portsmouth can put together an offensive line I think they will be able to contend for 2nd or 3rd place in the OVC as well as another playoff birth. A ton of skill position kids return who are really good (Pendleton, Hammonds, Lattimore, Duncan). Heiland (who is ND transfer back to Portsmouth after 1 year away I believe). The Trojans will return 2 kids on the line, but finding 3 other capable bodies isn’t always easy, especially for Portsmouth for some reason.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Ironton until someone beats them
Fairland good coach
Portsmouth
Coal Grove
Gallia
Chesapeake
Rock Hill
South Point

FBdog72
Waterboy

Post by FBdog72 »

Fairland will be top contender.
Gallia, Coal Grove, Portsmouth will be a good dog fight. Peake could improve with the return of Ater, I think you will see some boys return. Rock Hill wild card.

University of Shady I, not even including. When you recruit throughout the east coast. Not even fun anymore to know you going to destroy kids in Lawrence county, no competition, just hope no one gets hurt. New kids every year! Just wondering when Ironton people will have enough.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

FBdog72 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:51 pm Fairland will be top contender.
Gallia, Coal Grove, Portsmouth will be a good dog fight. Peake could improve with the return of Ater, I think you will see some boys return. Rock Hill wild card.

University of Shady I, not even including. When you recruit throughout the east coast. Not even fun anymore to know you going to destroy kids in Lawrence county, no competition, just hope no one gets hurt. New kids every year! Just wondering when Ironton people will have enough.
Not bad for your 7th post :shock:

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

Post by Chilly_D_Castro »

FBdog72 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:51 pm Fairland will be top contender.

It should be motivation for the other programs to beat Ironton. That's what competition is. Or do ya mean ya don't want competition? Is your staff competing enough seems like a good question for other ovc programs. Are you trying to match or exceed the standard set in your own conference??

FBdog72
Waterboy

Post by FBdog72 »

As stated above, I think there will be some great competition on Friday nights! I enjoy watching kids I coached in little league throughout the OVC put in the work and make gains. As for the school of many colors, I as a fan, find zero enjoyment seeing new kids bussed in yearly in hopes of winning the big one. Feel bad for the kids who have put in time for the program watch kids they don’t even know their names replacing them. So the OVC teams I feel will have great competition! University of “I” will compete on the sidelines with in each other, competing for “I”, because you sure don’t build a team or program with 6 new kids every year! You build a team by working with Lawrence County boys year in and out. Strong coach building strong boys, through knowledge and hard work. You will have good and bad years, but that’s part of the program.

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

Post by Chilly_D_Castro »

FBdog72 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:36 am As stated above, I think there will be some great competition on Friday nights! I enjoy watching kids I coached in little league throughout the OVC put in the work and make gains. As for the school of many colors, I as a fan, find zero enjoyment seeing new kids bussed in yearly in hopes of winning the big one. Feel bad for the kids who have put in time for the program watch kids they don’t even know their names replacing them. So the OVC teams I feel will have great competition! University of “I” will compete on the sidelines with in each other, competing for “I”, because you sure don’t build a team or program with 6 new kids every year! You build a team by working with Lawrence County boys year in and out. Strong coach building strong boys, through knowledge and hard work. You will have good and bad years, but that’s part of the program.
Ok, boomer.

MyBodyDifferent
Freshman Team

Post by MyBodyDifferent »

So do we only care now because they promote it on social media? Because I never heard all this crying when Ironton had 1038494 kids move in from 1972-2018? But now were all concerned for the Ironton kids and how it's affecting them cut it out

*MrFirstTake*

Return to “Football”