River Valley Coaching Search

Fletchlives
JV Team

Re: River Valley Coaching Search

Post by Fletchlives »

SlimPickins wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:33 pm Liability is a big deal these days. I’d think especially in GCLS. The last thing RV needs is another coach being perp-walked out the building.
what does this even mean?

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:59 am When I say typical, I mean it falls in line with almost all coaching hires in RV history - GCLS retreads, which has worked well for them.

And coaching track and volleyball prepares you perfectly for running a football program.

Nothing against the man, I’m sure GCLS loves him because he shows up, turns in all his paperwork and lessons plans on time, and they won’t have to worry about compliance or liability issues.

But that doesn’t mean he can run a winning program.

From what I’ve seen - there are guys who are “Coaches” and “Guys who coach”. Smith would fall into the latter category.

New face, same old process. Going to get the same old results.
I believe SMith coached football at RV a few years ago. He also coached at Southern when they made the playoffs for the first time. He also played D1 football.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Just wondering where he played college football at?

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

bowling green i believe

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Thanks

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I heard he had played for Urban Myer while he was there too.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

River Valley needs player help talk about coaching all you want !!!jmo

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Geronimo wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:06 am River Valley needs player help talk about coaching all you want !!!jmo
RV has always had good looking kids. However, they have been a model of dysfunction on a variety of levels, so the players are left underdeveloped or they leave for greener pastures.

It’s not just the football program, look how bad they are in basketball - how many under-qualified coaches they’ve had and the train wreck that program is. I mean, my goodness, they hired a youth league coach with no experience a few years ago…. What did they think was going to happen?

Football is no different, barring a couple of years worth of success that they didn’t build on.

To me, it falls more on the feet of the administration and their lack of leadership and guidance. Is it the fault of an under-qualified head coach if he isn’t capable of doing the job effectively or the fault of the administration for “doing their due diligence” and going through the interview and vetting process and still hiring an under-qualified candidate anyways, thinking that is the answer?

And now - it looks as if the cycle repeats itself. You would think history would smack them right in the face - but the good old boys with still be the good old boys. They will get the same results. And everyone will still be laughing at them.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

The basketball team is having a down year ! Why last years Sr class is gone. Rebuild time and numbers at RV is not that good. Like SG it goes in cycles .there girls team this season is good but When was the last one??? Can't say nothing about the good old boys because there there lol !!! But got to find a way to keep the talent at home not going somewhere else.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Congrats Scott Cooper!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

hsfbfan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:54 pm Congrats Scott Cooper!
Great hire by RV!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Congratulations Coach Cooper and Good Luck!

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Good luck

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Sounds to me like you might have a winner coming up in basketball the boys 8 grade team !!!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Scott Cooper will do a fine job at a river Valley. He’s definitely a players coach. And the sooner the players start believing in him start training with him they soon will be one heartbeat under this man and the coach will have them willing to run thru brick walls for him snd each other. And that’s a great way to start building the program to coach coopers style n philosophy.

Good luck coop. be following ya all the way thru

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:01 am Scott Cooper will do a fine job at a river Valley. He’s definitely a players coach. And the sooner the players start believing in him start training with him they soon will be one heartbeat under this man and the coach will have them willing to run thru brick walls for him snd each other. And that’s a great way to start building the program to coach coopers style n philosophy.

He is a huge reason the success of the power spread at Gallia Academy.

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:39 am
countywide35 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:01 am Scott Cooper will do a fine job at a river Valley. He’s definitely a players coach. And the sooner the players start believing in him start training with him they soon will be one heartbeat under this man and the coach will have them willing to run thru brick walls for him snd each other. And that’s a great way to start building the program to coach coopers style n philosophy.

He is a huge reason the success of the power spread at Gallia Academy.

After the last four years, I’m hesitant to think that anything involving power will work at RV.

Return to “Football”