Oak Hill coaching job

Oleballcoach
Waterboy

Re: Oak Hill coaching job

Post by Oleballcoach »

What if the SOC makes a third Division
Last edited by Oleballcoach on Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speedy991
Waterboy

Post by Speedy991 »

Well who is the new coach???

Oleballcoach
Waterboy

Post by Oleballcoach »

I heard Brian Hoover applied has anyone else heard that?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah I've said for a few years now that Oak Hill's natural fit league would be the TVC. I don't think they want in SOCII but they didn't belong in SOC1 at the time either given location and school size TVC just seems like a perfect fit.

Speedy991
Waterboy

Post by Speedy991 »

Jrhighmom wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:19 pm Sites, Stewart, sowers, Boggs and a guy from rockhill are names I'm hearing. Gotta hope its Sites from this group, but I'm hearing Boggs is going to get it. Yes sites is nice and also a good coach.
When will they announce it??

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Speedy991 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:22 pm
Pat wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:44 am
baseball16 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:36 am

What really needs to happen is Oak Hill needs to petition other teams to start a NEW LEAGUE that makes sense ! Invite Wellston, River Valley, Southeastern, Alexander, and Meigs. Can add more later but that could be the BASE Teams that start out. all about the same size and talent wise all about the same. Travel would not be bad. JMO Instead of looking at leagues that are running now, think outside the box and start a NEW LEAGUE.
Yes, please take RV, Wellston and Meigs, but good luck getting Alex. I think they are perfectly happy in the TVC and have been forever. But that would get us back close to the old TVC, which is where we need to get to IMO. OBTW you can have Athens too LOL.
I’ve heard the TVC has actually off the table asked oak hill to join. It would be a great fit for both. Right now there is 7 teams so there wouldn’t be a need for a non conference game once starting conference play. However would love to see oak hill and wellston continue with the first game of the season.
That's the biggest problem with the TVC right now, is those "off the table" behind the scenes conversations. That is one reason why other teams have been denied. One or a few members take it upon themselves to secretly meet with a schools admin and try to work out a deal. They have no authority to do this, and it makes the rest of the league not trust what went on behind the scenes so they vote no.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Is there a lot of interest in the OH job? The folks I have talked to have very few names in mind...

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Like to see Coach Penrod land here, unless of course his reason for leaving Gallia to focus on family is legit.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Focusing on family is Coach speak that means these jerks don’t want me around so I am stepping aside. Penrod should take that Logan job.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:05 pm Focusing on family is Coach speak that means these jerks don’t want me around so I am stepping aside. Penrod should take that Logan job.
It also is coach speak for, the talent has ran out so I'm jumping ship and I'm offering this as my excuse. That's what Arnie did at Alex, and then he coached that fall at another school. :o

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Carver to NW?

HUGGYBEAR
Waterboy

Post by HUGGYBEAR »

Penrod was non-renewed. They asked him to claim it was family because they know firing a guy that restored a winning culture to the program would be public nightmare. He refused and he was out. Carter will be the next head coach at Gallia Academy. They will go through the steps to make it look good for the community but Penrod was a dead man walking all of 2021 season. Coaching is a tough gig, even winning wont save you from the politics and backroom deals.

Oakhilljokesalso
Waterboy

Post by Oakhilljokesalso »

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Oakhilljokesalso on Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oakhilljokesalso
Waterboy

Post by Oakhilljokesalso »

Figured there would be an announcement of new coach by now.

Jrhighmom
Waterboy

Post by Jrhighmom »

N2Hoops wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:20 am Carver to NW?
Would they really want him?

Bradley39
Riding the Bench

Post by Bradley39 »

Jrhighmom wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:38 pm
Would they really want him?
Considering the fact that Carver was extremely successful in 2/3 years at Oak Hill and is five times the coach Crabtree is, I would say yes.

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

I think he was successful even this year considering the lack of returning starters, more injuries than I can remember in a season and the strength of schedule.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Looks like they have made a hire. Unsure who he is but he looks to have a nice resume

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

That's interesting.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:51 pm
That's interesting.
Is the Northwest job open?*

Return to “Football”