Oak Hill coaching job

Jrhighmom
Waterboy

Oak Hill coaching job

Post by Jrhighmom »

I hope Sites gets it and brings his helpers with him.

osu 77
All State

Re: Oak Hill coaching job

Post by osu 77 »

Who ever gets it needs better from the administration than in the past. Getting a staff together these days is getting harder and harder. Teachers don’t want to coach anymore due to all the distractions and parents. Good luck in your search.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

osu 77 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:12 pm Who ever gets it needs better from the administration than in the past. Getting a staff together these days is getting harder and harder. Teachers don’t want to coach anymore due to all the distractions and parents. Good luck in your search.
Ppl always want to say the administration needs to step up but OH right now is simply going through some low talent years it happens. Playing up in SOCII isn't going to make it any easier to get back to form, no matter who takes over you can only get so much out of what is there.

Bradley39
Riding the Bench

Post by Bradley39 »

Jrhighmom wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:55 pm I hope Sites gets it and brings his helpers with him.
I swear, moms love losing as long as the coach is nice! The only place Sites has had success with is peewee, and calling that a “success” is a stretch.

theoakhilljokes
Waterboy

Post by theoakhilljokes »

Jrhighmom wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:55 pm I hope Sites gets it and brings his helpers with him.
This is the worst recommendation anyone could ever have for any high school program.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

The move to the SOC II changed this coaching job a lot. Very difficult to compete with the W schools! It is not even close to the job it once was, very tough job.

Jrhighmom
Waterboy

Post by Jrhighmom »

Sites, Stewart, sowers, Boggs and a guy from rockhill are names I'm hearing. Gotta hope its Sites from this group, but I'm hearing Boggs is going to get it. Yes sites is nice and also a good coach.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I wonder if there is anyone on staff who wants it?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Oak Hill is low on talent and it looks bad all the way through junior high and even through the peewee leagues.

This will be a very difficult job for anyone who gets it. They need to truly build from the ground up and hopefully there's an administration in place that will allow the new coach to do so.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Any word on where Coach Carver will go?

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Speedy991
Waterboy

Post by Speedy991 »

There has to be some rumors floating around on this spot

Speedy991
Waterboy

Post by Speedy991 »

sider wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:07 pm I wonder if there is anyone on staff who wants it?
Sites helped carver his first two years then dropped to junior high when carver asked him to since nobody else would help out.

Jrhighmom
Waterboy

Post by Jrhighmom »

:mrgreen:

Jrhighmom
Waterboy

Post by Jrhighmom »

I'm hearing a few names. Sites,Stewart, sowers. Boggs. But I'm hearing Boggs is every ones pick and Carver recommended him.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:32 pm The move to the SOC II changed this coaching job a lot. Very difficult to compete with the W schools! It is not even close to the job it once was, very tough job.
Which is why the Oaks should petition the TVC for membership! The Ohio division is more in line year to year from a competition standpoint for the Oaks than the brutal SOC.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Dundas wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:39 pm
MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:32 pm The move to the SOC II changed this coaching job a lot. Very difficult to compete with the W schools! It is not even close to the job it once was, very tough job.
Which is why the Oaks should petition the TVC for membership! The Ohio division is more in line year to year from a competition standpoint for the Oaks than the brutal SOC.
I think one thing holding OH back from trying to join the TVC is seeing the number of times Jackson, Warren, and now Fort Frye have been denied. No one wants to go through all that and then have a few teams who are afraid of a little competition vote against them and keep them out. :o

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Gray Cat wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:09 am
Dundas wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:39 pm
I think one thing holding OH back from trying to join the TVC is seeing the number of times Jackson, Warren, and now Fort Frye have been denied. No one wants to go through all that and then have a few teams who are afraid of a little competition vote against them and keep them out. :o
NY voted yes for all those teams mentioned and would vote yes for Oak Hill as well. No fear in the Buckeyes for sure.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Pat wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:28 am
Dundas wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:39 pm Which is why the Oaks should petition the TVC for membership! The Ohio division is more in line year to year from a competition standpoint for the Oaks than the brutal SOC.
NY voted yes for all those teams mentioned and would vote yes for Oak Hill as well. No fear in the Buckeyes for sure.

What really needs to happen is Oak Hill needs to petition other teams to start a NEW LEAGUE that makes sense ! Invite Wellston, River Valley, Southeastern, Alexander, and Meigs. Can add more later but that could be the BASE Teams that start out. all about the same size and talent wise all about the same. Travel would not be bad. JMO Instead of looking at leagues that are running now, think outside the box and start a NEW LEAGUE.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

baseball16 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:36 am

What really needs to happen is Oak Hill needs to petition other teams to start a NEW LEAGUE that makes sense ! Invite Wellston, River Valley, Southeastern, Alexander, and Meigs. Can add more later but that could be the BASE Teams that start out. all about the same size and talent wise all about the same. Travel would not be bad. JMO Instead of looking at leagues that are running now, think outside the box and start a NEW LEAGUE.
Yes, please take RV, Wellston and Meigs, but good luck getting Alex. I think they are perfectly happy in the TVC and have been forever. But that would get us back close to the old TVC, which is where we need to get to IMO. OBTW you can have Athens too LOL.

Speedy991
Waterboy

Post by Speedy991 »

Pat wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:44 am
baseball16 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:36 am

Yes, please take RV, Wellston and Meigs, but good luck getting Alex. I think they are perfectly happy in the TVC and have been forever. But that would get us back close to the old TVC, which is where we need to get to IMO. OBTW you can have Athens too LOL.
I’ve heard the TVC has actually off the table asked oak hill to join. It would be a great fit for both. Right now there is 7 teams so there wouldn’t be a need for a non conference game once starting conference play. However would love to see oak hill and wellston continue with the first game of the season.

Return to “Football”