FAC 2022

vcgrad
All Conference

Re: 2022 FRONTIER ATHLETIC CONFERENCE

Post by vcgrad »

Give it a few years-- with fuel prices high--- they wont have a league in a year or so.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

vcgrad wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:18 am Give it a few years-- with fuel prices high--- they wont have a league in a year or so.
Yeah good call. Strong first 5 years, many predicted that not happening

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:36 am
vcgrad wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:18 am Give it a few years-- with fuel prices high--- they wont have a league in a year or so.
Yeah good call. Strong first 5 years, many predicted that not happening

😂

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Miami Trace 2023 OT Drew Guthrie recently committed to Campbell University, an FCS out of North Carolina. Campbell University also recently offered scholarships to Miami Trace 2024 WR Coleden May who it looks like transferred from WCH according to his Twitter page. This gives MT 2 players with D1 Offers, Chillicothe 2023 LB/RB Maxwell Lee received an offer from Campbell as well, giving Chillicothe a 3rd Division 1 prospect. Campbell also offered 2024 WCH TE Isaiah Haithcock, and 2025 RB/DB Rocky Jones, making 3 D1 recruits for WCH. If my numbers are right that makes a total of 9 FAC football players with at least 1 Division 1 offer. Wow! Super Excited for some FAC football this year!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

FACSPORTS wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:39 pm Miami Trace 2023 OT Drew Guthrie recently committed to Campbell University, an FCS out of North Carolina. Campbell University also recently offered scholarships to Miami Trace 2024 WR Coleden May who it looks like transferred from WCH according to his Twitter page. This gives MT 2 players with D1 Offers, Chillicothe 2023 LB/RB Maxwell Lee received an offer from Campbell as well, giving Chillicothe a 3rd Division 1 prospect. Campbell also offered 2024 WCH TE Isaiah Haithcock, and 2025 RB/DB Rocky Jones, making 3 D1 recruits for WCH. If my numbers are right that makes a total of 9 FAC football players with at least 1 Division 1 offer. Wow! Super Excited for some FAC football this year!
Better not let Rocky get loose…it’ll be all over.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Deferring to my FAC friends here, but I have talked to a few McClain folks and they feel they have their best team in a while coming? Any thoughts or maybe some evidence to back that up? I am always cautious as to what I hear, but am interested in hearing more. Makes that ZT @ McClain game in week 3 a bit more enticing to me if their projections are accurate. Thanks fellas.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:29 pm Deferring to my FAC friends here, but I have talked to a few McClain folks and they feel they have their best team in a while coming? Any thoughts or maybe some evidence to back that up? I am always cautious as to what I hear, but am interested in hearing more. Makes that ZT @ McClain game in week 3 a bit more enticing to me if their projections are accurate. Thanks fellas.
I don’t really know but they were nicely improved last year even though it didn’t translate to conference wins. There are some athletes floating around for sure. Their track program has done a great job getting the most out of what they have and many of those same kids are on the football team. They seem behind on the football level and that’s tough as Jackson and Chillicothe seems very ready. WCH is farther along and has a few more athletes. MT probably still far enough along to keep beating McClain. McClain kids are tough….they’ll go at it but I think over .500 will be tough based on their schedule.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:29 pm Deferring to my FAC friends here, but I have talked to a few McClain folks and they feel they have their best team in a while coming? Any thoughts or maybe some evidence to back that up? I am always cautious as to what I hear, but am interested in hearing more. Makes that ZT @ McClain game in week 3 a bit more enticing to me if their projections are accurate. Thanks fellas.
McClain has been improving steadily over the years. Right now they have a good group of athletes in 9-10-11 grade. I believe there jh numbers are low right now but like someone said there kids are always tough. They were in many games last year with a good QB and Fullback and some other solid kids. I think both graduated but I think they have enough athletes right now they could make things interesting for teams just because they do not seem to give up.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

The FAC is pretty darn solid top to bottom in all sports. The league seems to just keep getting better. Pretty good signs this league is on track to be around for awhile.

Football wise. FAC schools play each other from the 3/4 grade to 12th.

FAC doin good things.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:54 pm The FAC is pretty darn solid top to bottom in all sports. The league seems to just keep getting better. Pretty good signs this league is on track to be around for awhile.

FAC doin good things.
Indeed, the FAC has shown competitiveness, balance, and surprising stability since its inception in 2017. They have a legitimate claim to being the premier conference in the SEOP footprint.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Omega wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:07 pm
countywide35 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:54 pm The FAC is pretty darn solid top to bottom in all sports. The league seems to just keep getting better. Pretty good signs this league is on track to be around for awhile.

FAC doin good things.
Indeed, the FAC has shown competitiveness, balance, and surprising stability since its inception in 2017. They have a legitimate claim to being the premier conference in the SEOP footprint.

FAC doin good things.
FAC is definitely doing some good things. Really hope we pick up 2 more teams though . Scheduling all sports would be much better. The competitiveness from when we were in the SCOL is definitely there in the FAC .

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

@wch125

An eight team FAC would make scheduling easier but the usual suspects in Unioto and Waverly seem content where they are. Perhaps with recent turmoil in the MSL, maybe Circleville and Logan Elm would reconsider an invitation.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Personally.

I like our games against Ironton. Wheelersburg. Tri-Valley, Licking Valley, Western Brown etc…..add in teams. Those programs aren’t on our non-league schedule. And we need those mentioned programs above on our schedule. Not against a few more teams added. Just the like the above mentioned names better on the non-league side a little more.

But to end. FAC schools puttin kids in Power 5 programs. Pretty consistent now. And this league is solid. Top to bottom in all sports. If the next 5yrs is as the first. The FAC is here to stay

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Omega wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:36 pm @wch125

An eight team FAC would make scheduling easier but the usual suspects in Unioto and Waverly seem content where they are. Perhaps with recent turmoil in the MSL, maybe Circleville and Logan Elm would reconsider an invitation.
The Buckeye Division schools are staying together.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

After Jamboree Games any thoughts

Washington CH - Got started slow against Amanda offensively but the defense held Amanda scoreless during varsity series enter scrimmage. Once the WCH offense woke up they scored 3 times quickly and the defense even had a stop of Amanda inside the 5. Good things for the Blue . I could have my Blue Blinders on though lol

Miami Trace- They have a very big offensive line and seem to be picking up where they left last year. They ended the season with some momentum beating county rival wch for the first time in a while. The new Signal caller seems to have managed the game well. There is another lebeau at running back they have a d1 lineman holding down the trenches and some talented receivers.

Hillsboro- While scrimmages are not everything Hillsboro scoring 20-6 over Paint valley has to have them feeling pretty good. This program has been down for the past 2 years. They have a new coach with some old ties . This could be what HIllsboro needs. They always have some of the best athletes in the FAC but do not always get them out .

McClain- Not sure how there Jamboree went any insight would be helpful . Heard they had good numbers and they have athletes . They are young but talented at the skills positions .

Jackson- Tough as usual not sure how the Jamboree went for them but they did play a football power in bellbrook Bellbrook has built there program back up and seems to be rolling now. So this would be a good early season scrimmage to see where there team is at . Im sure jackson will be fine but not much talk from the the jamboree

Chillicothe- This team seems to have the most hype from the preseason. If there were to be a early season vote on pick to win FAC they might get it. Titles are not won by voting but on the field . They played a state contender in the small school division West Jefferson and did well. They open with Teays and most of the conference and the Chilly fan base will be looking to see if they really have improved that much in week 1.

Overall cannot wait until next Friday. Hope the Conference goes 6-0 on opening day ! Should be a fun season with all the hype and talented players in our conference.

Good Luck to All !

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think the league is closer than usual.

It’s Jackson’s to lose. They lost a lot on defense and at WR. Lost their very talented and accurate kicker for the season. First 5 weeks will be tough to not have some injuries to overcome/replace. I don’t think running clocks will happen like in the past and less margin for error…..but still the pick to win this league.

Chillicothe…they’ll contend for sure will be fun to see how good they are. They love to spoil things for Jackson.

Washington….very good athletes and like a team you better not have a bad game on it they’ll upset one of the top dogs. I think they’ll rival Chillicothe on the most athletic team.

Miami Trace….always at least “solid”…they’ll be in the talks of who wins this league.

Hillsboro…I didn’t give them much hope but sounds like they are strong up front and need to be carefully prepared for.

McClain….I think maybe an average team for the SE district but just not quite enough to compete in FAC

mattash
Site Admin

Re: 2022-2023 FAC Season

Post by mattash »

what is your fac rankings after week 2?

Ill go
1. Jackson
2 .Chillicothe
3. Washington
4. Miami Trace
5. McClain
6. Hillsboro

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Chilli->SD
Waterboy

Re: FAC 2022

Post by Chilli->SD »

Looks good on paper, but I expect the Chillicothe/Jackson matchup to come down to the last play. I'd switch those two for:

Chillicothe
Jackson
Washington
Miami Trace
McClain
Hillsboro

I'm only here because the Navy said so!
Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Jackson 1st string
Jackson 2nd string
Chillicothe
And the rest

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

A long way to go, but if they played right now Chillicothe would definitely compete with Jackson. They keep improving that should be a great game.

Return to “Football”