Way to Early SEOPs SEO Top 10 for 2022..

Ironmen98
All State

Re: Way to Early SEOPs SEO Top 10 for 2022..

Post by Ironmen98 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:29 am
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:14 pm No Trimble or Nelsonville-York love?

The problem with evaluating the Athens area is most on this forum don’t get to watch or sample the area.

Trimble and Nelsonville York are great programs with a tradition that matches up with anyone in the area.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I curious to see what happens at valley they return most of their team and with the new facilities and a new coach I expect a few transfers they could really surprise some people this year

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Izladoom wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:21 pm I curious to see what happens at valley they return most of their team and with the new facilities and a new coach I expect a few transfers they could really surprise some people this year
Transfers because of a new coach and/or a new indoor facility?

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

smurray wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:02 pm
Izladoom wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:21 pm I curious to see what happens at valley they return most of their team and with the new facilities and a new coach I expect a few transfers they could really surprise some people this year
Yes because there is a lot of buzz right now and those new indoor facilities are going to be amazing it’s something that not a lot of teams can offer

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Izladoom wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:39 pm
Yes because there is a lot of buzz right now and those new indoor facilities are going to be amazing it’s something that not a lot of teams can offer

What will it provide to players from schools who don’t offer an indoor training facility?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

It'll take more than indoor facilities to bring in players, Piketon has a nice big indoor facility and to my knowledge it hasn't brought in players. They're just not the only school on the block that has some sort of indoor facility either. I think the Valley position is probably the most looked at from a coaching stand point, after that is whether or not other players will be interested. With Valley being on the cusp of DVII and rumors have gone around they might need to move out of SOCII based on size as well it'll take much more than just an indoor building. They've got a nice 7th grade group coming up as well, future looks good if all things hold together.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:19 pm

It'll take more than indoor facilities to bring in players, Piketon has a nice big indoor facility and to my knowledge it hasn't brought in players. They're just not the only school on the block that has some sort of indoor facility either. I think the Valley position is probably the most looked at from a coaching stand point, after that is whether or not other players will be interested. With Valley being on the cusp of DVII and rumors have gone around they might need to move out of SOCII based on size as well it'll take much more than just an indoor building. They've got a nice 7th grade group coming up as well, future looks good if all things hold together.
Curious as to the big advantages to an inside facility other than show it off to people. ?

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:24 am

Curious as to the big advantages to an inside facility other than show it off to people. ?
An indoor facility has many advantages to a program, especially if it offers things like a weight room and film room. Allows you to break into groups but still be together. Also is nice for any time the weather is horrible, don’t have to worry about no practice because of lightning or whatever reason. It’s a nice addition to any program.
But as far as bringing in outside kids just because of that building, it won’t happen I don’t think. Majority of programs in our area have updated facilities, so long gone are the days of “I’m going to transfer here because this team has turf.” Now what it might do is maybe bring out some kids that are already at the school and make them more interested in playing if they do have nicer things. But idk if this will be the case with Valley since they have already had nice facilities for a long time now.

JoeyB10
Waterboy

Post by JoeyB10 »

AHS_Stephens wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:41 pm Athens should be better in 2022 as they should gain experience from this past season and use the offseason to improve. They had mostly freshman and sophmores playing as those two classes made up over half of the team. Athens has the same schedule next fall as it did this year only locations are flipped.
Athens has a shot to be better next year, they were young..... Most importantly OU finally has some turnover on their football coaching staff. That is the only time Athens is ever competitive when they get some coaches kids and throw in a few open enrollment kids from Alex or Meigs county.
Even in a league they are 2-3 times larger than every school but VC.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Most are setup to where all sports are able to take advantage. If we’re talking strictly football, let’s me honest most athletes who are trying to make it further are working out year round. Indoor facility gives them the ability to work on their skills and not just lift weights such as teams with weight room only. This can be done regardless of weather, a team never has to worry about the weather outside once practices have started. As one coach said we never worry about the rain as it’s always nice where and when we practice. Plus it’s always going to look good on a schools resume when it comes to coaches coming in or players. In SEO the ability to work on the football drills needed is very limited in terms of training outside of the season. A indoor facility at least gives them that option, if we were talking about Columbus there’s several options for training year round paid training. Not the case in this area. Given how Jackson was the first to really step up with a stadium such as there’s and the area plus being a football school I’m actually amazed they haven’t built one.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:49 pm

An indoor facility has many advantages to a program, especially if it offers things like a weight room and film room. Allows you to break into groups but still be together. Also is nice for any time the weather is horrible, don’t have to worry about no practice because of lightning or whatever reason. It’s a nice addition to any program.
But as far as bringing in outside kids just because of that building, it won’t happen I don’t think. Majority of programs in our area have updated facilities, so long gone are the days of “I’m going to transfer here because this team has turf.” Now what it might do is maybe bring out some kids that are already at the school and make them more interested in playing if they do have nicer things. But idk if this will be the case with Valley since they have already had nice facilities for a long time now.
I know most if not all schools have a weight room and a film room, actually most watch film on hudl. As far as I climate weather yeah I can see that but most have a field house that probably has roof on it. Heck yeah who wouldn’t want an indoor facility ? Not sure it’s much of an advantage in the long run however.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:38 pm

Most are setup to where all sports are able to take advantage. If we’re talking strictly football, let’s me honest most athletes who are trying to make it further are working out year round. Indoor facility gives them the ability to work on their skills and not just lift weights such as teams with weight room only. This can be done regardless of weather, a team never has to worry about the weather outside once practices have started. As one coach said we never worry about the rain as it’s always nice where and when we practice. Plus it’s always going to look good on a schools resume when it comes to coaches coming in or players. In SEO the ability to work on the football drills needed is very limited in terms of training outside of the season. A indoor facility at least gives them that option, if we were talking about Columbus there’s several options for training year round paid training. Not the case in this area. Given how Jackson was the first to really step up with a stadium such as there’s and the area plus being a football school I’m actually amazed they haven’t built one.

Jackson can train, watch film, work on individual skills with the facilities they have now. If something was built for all
Sports I could get behind that .

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:27 pm

Jackson can train, watch film, work on individual skills with the facilities they have now. If something was built for all
Yeah you'd actually be surprised how many teams don't have access to certain things. I'm assuming you're talking about the big field house where they can work on individual skills, lots of sports viewing for room in there plus with the indoor facilities they're putting in partial turf areas so the kids are able to work on proper distance and timing of seeing the lines. So far all the indoor facilities are built for all sports that's pretty much a must, wrestling team has their areas, baseball and softball are able to work on the turn instead of a gym floor long before their season ever comes around. It's nice to see some schools in the area be able to afford to do this for their sports.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:11 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:27 pm

Yeah you'd actually be surprised how many teams don't have access to certain things. I'm assuming you're talking about the big field house where they can work on individual skills, lots of sports viewing for room in there plus with the indoor facilities they're putting in partial turf areas so the kids are able to work on proper distance and timing of seeing the lines. So far all the indoor facilities are built for all sports that's pretty much a must, wrestling team has their areas, baseball and softball are able to work on the turn instead of a gym floor long before their season ever comes around. It's nice to see some schools in the area be able to afford to do this for their sports.
Just don’t see it as having the advantage that most think it does . Sorry just don’t see it.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

It's only an advantage if used properly

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Westfan wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:20 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:51 pm
Westfan wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:14 am

I thought the younger Futhey would be the returning QB for the Tigers.
Pretty sure the Futhey boys are twins and both Sr's. Unless there is a 3rd one I don't know about?
Thank you. I was not aware of that.
Waverly lost #4 Barnett (sp?) at Linebacker also. He is a significant loss as well.

This group of seniors will be difficult to replace.
[/quote]

Yeah Barnett is a loss for them for sure but with all the injuries they had at LB this past season they had a bunch of guys get playing time so that soften that blow. The seniors they lose will be difficult for sure as they're going to go from what 3-4 senior WRs and DBs starting to possibly 1 senior in the new group for next year, 3-4 sophomores and juniors to step up and 1 freshman will be in the mix as well. So they'll be very young on the outside for sure. They'll have to ride that OL and running game more so than in the last few years past
[/quote]

Teams were trying to defend Futhey and Morrison deep and the underneath passing game to Stulley. Success in the run game had a lot to do with defenses in a 6 man box. Running the ball is gonna be way more difficult this year.
[/quote]

You’re right. I think you’ll see them go back to more of the type of passing plays they used to run a lot a few years back. I believe there will be more bubbles and quick short passes to the outside to get their athletes in space but also not put the pressure on the new QB to take a lot of deep shots. Things will also depend on who the QB is. There is probably two options at this point and I believe I know who they will most likely go with. But each player brings some different skills to the table. I do think they will rely on the run game more this year, you have 3 backs who all have varsity experience and can get the job done. That will help break in a new QB.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:05 am
greygoose wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:51 pm

Pretty sure the Futhey boys are twins and both Sr's. Unless there is a 3rd one I don't know about?
Waverly lost #4 Barnett (sp?) at Linebacker also. He is a significant loss as well.

Yeah Barnett is a loss for them for sure but with all the injuries they had at LB this past season they had a bunch of guys get playing time so that soften that blow. The seniors they lose will be difficult for sure as they're going to go from what 3-4 senior WRs and DBs starting to possibly 1 senior in the new group for next year, 3-4 sophomores and juniors to step up and 1 freshman will be in the mix as well. So they'll be very young on the outside for sure. They'll have to ride that OL and running game more so than in the last few years past
[/quote]

Teams were trying to defend Futhey and Morrison deep and the underneath passing game to Stulley. Success in the run game had a lot to do with defenses in a 6 man box. Running the ball is gonna be way more difficult this year.
[/quote]

You’re right. I think you’ll see them go back to more of the type of passing plays they used to run a lot a few years back. I believe there will be more bubbles and quick short passes to the outside to get their athletes in space but also not put the pressure on the new QB to take a lot of deep shots. Things will also depend on who the QB is. There is probably two options at this point and I believe I know who they will most likely go with. But each player brings some different skills to the table. I do think they will rely on the run game more this year, you have 3 backs who all have varsity experience and can get the job done. That will help break in a new QB.
[/quote]

Offense will def have to change.
Tigers will return at least 3 very good running backs and one of those could very well move to QB. There is another very good viable option at QB which would still give them 3 very good RB’s. Both QB options I’m thinking about would be very good running QB’s, which I think is what they need.
Waverly will have two very good TE’s. I’d love to see them go to at least a 2 back set with a good running QB.
The entire offensive line returns and will be bigger and stronger.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:17 pm

Tigers will return at least 3 very good running backs and one of those could very well move to QB. There is another very good viable option at QB which would still give them 3 very good RB’s. Both QB options I’m thinking about would be very good running QB’s, which I think is what they need.
Waverly will have two very good TE’s. I’d love to see them go to at least a 2 back set with a good running QB.
So you're not thinking the JV QB takes over, I figured they'd go with him given he'll be a sophomore and can break in relatively easy with the running game they'll bring to the table next year. Not for sure about the WR position couple games I seen didn't really see any other WRs outside of the starting seniors. I'm sure the big question will be if Boles plays or not as he'd be the fastest WR in the area more than likely.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:16 pm
smurray wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:17 pm

So you're not thinking the JV QB takes over, I figured they'd go with him given he'll be a sophomore and can break in relatively easy with the running game they'll bring to the table next year. Not for sure about the WR position couple games I seen didn't really see any other WRs outside of the starting seniors. I'm sure the big question will be if Boles plays or not as he'd be the fastest WR in the area more than likely.
I doubt Boles risks it from what I hear. Not really any WR’s with any experience at all. If they want to compete and win next year I really think they need to change the offense. I think Waverly can be really good next year but it needs to be a more power running game with a running first QB that can throw the ball 5 or so times per game, no more than 10.
When you have at least 5 guys who can run the ball and should see touches I think you put one of them at QB or rotate the two depending on the situation. One is much bigger and stronger then the other so you’d have situations for both. I know it’s not popular to have two QBs rotating but it could work. There are literally 5 guys that need to have meaningful carries.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg will be loaded on offense. Most of the O-line is back. Jones and or Stamper at QB. Glover and D. Lattimore at RB. E. Lattimore back at WR. Arthur at TE. Great Freshman class coming in. Don't know if any of them will get any varsity time. Going to have to replace quite a bit on defense. Lose Clark and Williams are the two big wins graduating.

Look for another run at the regional for the Burg this year.

Return to “Football”