JACKSON IRONMEN FOOTBALL 2022

Harvey Wells
Waterboy

Re: JACKSON IRONMEN FOOTBALL 2022

Post by Harvey Wells »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:43 pm OMG the belly achin and cryin about transfers. It’s part of modern day football. Open enrollment. Transfer portals. All these allow a student/athlete to maximize their potential and opportunity. Get over it.
This is why I transferred myself over Hamden hill to create the city that bares my name. Transfers have been around for hundreds of years.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:01 am
WellstonLover wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:35 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:18 pm

Why wouldn’t kids want to play for The Jackson Ironmen. Come and be part of something great. You ain’t seen nuthin yet , just wait . People are gonna freak
If kids moved to Jackson that would be one thing. Just blatant recruiting illegally, that’s another. You pull in the best athletes from all over seo snd yet, you have nothing to show for it. How many state titles do you have? It’s sad that the number is the same as ours. We play home grown. You play seo all stars and still can’t win in the playoffs. Honestly, it’s embarrassing.
Give me one example of jackson blatantly recruiting. I want to hear every detail. Because I know you aren’t just stating some bs with no proof right?
If you're referring to me giving the Fat Ladies Club of Wellston free cake and ice cream when they eat at my restaurant as recruiting, well I have to say guilty as charged. But I haven't seen any of those ladies boys that we would even want on the team, let alone that could actually see playing time. As for the ladies, well lets just say most of them would be big enough to play offensive tackle. five of them would outweigh any O line Jackson has every had. :mrgreen:

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Wellston is the armpit of the TVC. They were previously the armpit of the SEOAL until they pulled the ole cut-n-run move. I don't think Jackson would need to put any time into to recruiting players from Wellston. Why would they not want to go there on their own?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:31 am
Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:01 am
WellstonLover wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:35 pm

If kids moved to Jackson that would be one thing. Just blatant recruiting illegally, that’s another. You pull in the best athletes from all over seo snd yet, you have nothing to show for it. How many state titles do you have? It’s sad that the number is the same as ours. We play home grown. You play seo all stars and still can’t win in the playoffs. Honestly, it’s embarrassing.
Give me one example of jackson blatantly recruiting. I want to hear every detail. Because I know you aren’t just stating some bs with no proof right?
If you're referring to me giving the Fat Ladies Club of Wellston free cake and ice cream when they eat at my restaurant as recruiting, well I have to say guilty as charged. But I haven't seen any of those ladies boys that we would even want on the team, let alone that could actually see playing time. As for the ladies, well lets just say most of them would be big enough to play offensive tackle. five of them would outweigh any O line Jackson has every had. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

It is no fun having kids leave one school to go to another. There is a reason for it just that simple. A lot of kids want to play for a winner and in the Jackson County area it is Jackson. As long as it goes with the rules it is fine. If the rules are broken it is up to the big boys. All this, I heard, I know is crap. If someone had the info something would have been done. If nothing for sure is put out about some school doing something wrong, it probably didn't happen. People get upset about players decision or the kid's parents decisions and will say anything to make themselves feel better or to stir the pot.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:54 pm It is no fun having kids leave one school to go to another. There is a reason for it just that simple. A lot of kids want to play for a winner and in the Jackson County area it is Jackson. As long as it goes with the rules it is fine. If the rules are broken it is up to the big boys. All this, I heard, I know is crap. If someone had the info something would have been done. If nothing for sure is put out about some school doing something wrong, it probably didn't happen. People get upset about players decision or the kid's parents decisions and will say anything to make themselves feel better or to stir the pot.

Good post and rest assured Andy Hall IS NOT breakin any rules of any kind let alone recruiting. He don’t have to recruit. The program recruits itself.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

I've not heard of any players coming to Jackson this year. There have been plenty of people on here talking about it. But no one has mentioned from where or given any implications as to who they might be. If they come they come, if they don't they don't.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

3rd String wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:16 am I've not heard of any players coming to Jackson this year. There have been plenty of people on here talking about it. But no one has mentioned from where or given any implications as to who they might be. If they come they come, if they don't they don't.

That’s every year. If they don’t. Again. Rest assured. Andy Hall has his kids ready guns blazn. It’s Jackson. They’ll never be bad. They’ll never a revolving a door atbthe coaches helm. And every fall. The boys of fall in the red white will be ready to compete. That’s tradition. Everyone wants to play here. Play against ironton. Play against burg Play in the playoffs. Who don’t wanna come here n play for that ?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

To my knowledge you simply don't hear a lot about kids transferring to Jackson to play, maybe a straggler here and one there. Guessing the most they've seen transfer in come in when they're in junior high and again that's probably just a kid or 2. So for some that say "everyone" wants to play there that simply isn't true, for those that are talking about Jackson All-stars you're simply stirring a pot with very little in it because again simply not true. Jackson is mainly home grown boys with a tight knit community that from an outsiders perspective is tough to blend in with totally. Kids do leave Jackson and transfer to other schools as well let's not act like that hasn't happened either at some point even if it's at a younger age.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:09 am To my knowledge you simply don't hear a lot about kids transferring to Jackson to play, maybe a straggler here and one there. Guessing the most they've seen transfer in come in when they're in junior high and again that's probably just a kid or 2. So for some that say "everyone" wants to play there that simply isn't true, for those that are talking about Jackson All-stars you're simply stirring a pot with very little in it because again simply not true. Jackson is mainly home grown boys with a tight knit community that from an outsiders perspective is tough to blend in with totally. Kids do leave Jackson and transfer to other schools as well let's not act like that hasn't happened either at some point even if it's at a younger age.
Their three best players are from TVC schools. Last two QB’s are from Point Pleasant and River Valley. But all good programs tend to attract kids from other school districts

Jackson still has a bad look losing to Wellston and then the next year the Wellston QB was playing for Jackson. Andy Hall burnt a lot of bridges over that

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:27 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:09 am To my knowledge you simply don't hear a lot about kids transferring to Jackson to play, maybe a straggler here and one there. Guessing the most they've seen transfer in come in when they're in junior high and again that's probably just a kid or 2. So for some that say "everyone" wants to play there that simply isn't true, for those that are talking about Jackson All-stars you're simply stirring a pot with very little in it because again simply not true. Jackson is mainly home grown boys with a tight knit community that from an outsiders perspective is tough to blend in with totally. Kids do leave Jackson and transfer to other schools as well let's not act like that hasn't happened either at some point even if it's at a younger age.
Their three best players are from TVC schools. Last two QB’s are from Point Pleasant and River Valley. But all good programs tend to attract kids from other school districts

Jackson still has a bad look losing to Wellston and then the next year the Wellston QB was playing for Jackson. Andy Hall burnt a lot of bridges over that
Mastin walked away with the highest honors and is one of the 3 best Ironmen players. Winters has been playing sports for Jackson since 7th grade and Prater was here in 6th grade.

Why did Osborne and family come to Jackson his last year? He loved it. Did someone make him come?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Good programs don't recruit, kids wanna play there. It's just dumb when Jackson people complain about schools not playing them while having kids from there

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:42 pm Good programs don't recruit, kids wanna play there. It's just dumb when Jackson people complain about schools not playing them while having kids from there
Who is complaining about not playing against Jackson?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:42 pm Good programs don't recruit, kids wanna play there. It's just dumb when Jackson people complain about schools not playing them while having kids from there
What year did you guys recruit Joe?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:49 pm
2nd grade when they moved to Athens.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:27 pm

Last 2 QBs, so River Valley Winters was there in JR High, Point Pleasant I believe he did transfer in HS so there's 1. Who's the 3 you're talking about and when did they come into Jackson?? Like I mentioned above and with Winters being 1 example I know of I just hear more of them coming over in JR High.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:44 pm
So when it’s a 2nd grade move in it’s all good ?

When a kid moves in 5th and 6th grade it’s recruiting?

This sight is like CNN.

Waste of time .

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

These "examples" their families MOVED to Jackson built houses they live in the district. I highly doubt Andy has the authority/power to make kids move to Jackson. I do understand when a great athlete moves from 1 school to another it sucks, but it isn't recruiting or breaking a rule when a kid moves. Your attempting to lay blame on a school when perhaps someone should be asking why did they choose to leave in the first place.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:31 am

This sight is like CNN.

Waste of time .
could be worse FOXLIES

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:31 am

This sight is like CNN.

Waste of time .
I just answered the question. Doesn't matter to me. lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”