JACKSON IRONMEN FOOTBALL 2022

Ironmen98
All State

Re: JACKSON IRONMEN FOOTBALL 2022

Post by Ironmen98 »

3rd String wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:55 pm To the best of my knowledge, Jackson has never played a jamboree game. If the concern a making money, then just play the game. I feel like some only want to play certain teams in Jamboree type settings, so if they win, oh we beat Jackson, or Ironton, or Wheelersburg. if they lose it is what is expected, and it doesn't count on the record. If you are good enough then, try and make the game happen. But teams don't want to do that.
💯 winner winner

This jamboree “game” makes zero sense for Jackson.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:03 pm
3rd String wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:55 pm To the best of my knowledge, Jackson has never played a jamboree game. If the concern a making money, then just play the game. I feel like some only want to play certain teams in Jamboree type settings, so if they win, oh we beat Jackson, or Ironton, or Wheelersburg. if they lose it is what is expected, and it doesn't count on the record. If you are good enough then, try and make the game happen. But teams don't want to do that.
💯 winner winner

I didn’t realize Jackson doesn’t play jamboree games. I thought everyone did. 🤷‍♂️

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Dundas wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:12 pm
💯 winner winner

I didn’t realize Jackson doesn’t play jamboree games. I thought everyone did. 🤷‍♂️
What is a jamboree game ? Jackson plays 2 preseason scrimmage games .

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:20 pm

💯 winner winner

Several years ago the OHSAA started allowing schools to play a Jamboree game. (Scrimmage under game like conditions.) You could charge for admission etc...
So tes got 3 scrimmages. Now with the playoffs being extended their isn't time for a 3rd scrimmage. Schools can still fill out the application and use their second scrimmage as a Jamboree. Most are Varsity first half, JV and reserves the second half.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:45 pm

Several years ago the OHSAA started allowing schools to play a Jamboree game. (Scrimmage under game like conditions.) You could charge for admission etc...
So tes got 3 scrimmages. Now with the playoffs being extended their isn't time for a 3rd scrimmage. Schools can still fill out the application and use their second scrimmage as a Jamboree. Most are Varsity first half, JV and reserves the second half.
So it’s a scrimmage ?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:50 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:45 pm

So it’s a scrimmage ?
Yes

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
TheIronBoy
Waterboy

Post by TheIronBoy »

Who are the skilled players that Jackson brings back? I know a couple but I want to hear there weapons this year.

Mulga Roadrunner
Waterboy

Post by Mulga Roadrunner »

💯 winner winner

So what you’re saying is, Jackson is too good for a jamboree game? 😂 There is that Jackson arrogance! It’s hard to believe Jackson doesn’t play a jamboree just for the simple fact they can charge someone to park every other year. You know, for the parking lot upkeep. 😄

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Mulga Roadrunner wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:26 pm
💯 winner winner

So what you’re saying is, Jackson is too good for a jamboree game? 😂 There is that Jackson arrogance! It’s hard to believe Jackson doesn’t play a jamboree just for the simple fact they can charge someone to park every other year. You know, for the parking lot upkeep. 😄
So by deciding playing a jamboree game with VC isn’t what’s best for the program , they are too good and arrogant . 🤔🤷‍♂️

Mulga Roadrunner
Waterboy

Post by Mulga Roadrunner »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:03 pm

💯 winner winner

So by deciding playing a jamboree game with VC isn’t what’s best for the program , they are too good and arrogant . 🤔🤷‍♂️
Y’all said you don’t play jamboree games and acted like you had no idea what they were. That’s the arrogance. Let’s have a Wellston Jackson game. We could use your money for new bleachers at the new field.

Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

Yes it would be a nice gate for both if they (Jackson/Wellston) would play a Jamboree game but I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Jackson wants tough competition in the preseason to prepare them for the season and I would think Wellston's staff would want somebody that they can actually compete with to gain confidence and to keep kids healthy.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Mulga Roadrunner wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:47 am

Y’all said you don’t play jamboree games and acted like you had no idea what they were. That’s the arrogance. Let’s have a Wellston Jackson game. We could use your money for new bleachers at the new field.
Jackson has never played a “jamboree” game . Sounds like it’s just a scrimmage . Jackson plays two scrimmages a year . Sorry, we apologize to all the surrounding programs for offending you about not playing a “jamboree” game. GTFOH

Wellston dropped Jackson. That ship has sailed.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Sounds like a jamboree game is the same thing as a scrimmage. Jackson always has two scrimmages every year. Would it make you feel better if they called their scrimmages jamboree games?

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:45 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:26 am
Dundas wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:22 am

Money. Same reason Jackson and Wellston played for all of those years.
Jackson doesn’t even charge for its scrimmages. Why would people pack the stadium to see a glorified practice? No one plays to win those things . I like the Ashland and Bellbrooke scrimmages. VC and Jackson don’t like each other, no reason to play each other . We’ll pass.
Just reading this, what's the beef between the two teams?
A couple VC kids moved to Jackson a couple years ago and now VC fans hate anything Jackson. If VC wants to play then it needs to be a real scheduled game.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Ironmen34 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:02 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:26 am

Jackson doesn’t even charge for its scrimmages. Why would people pack the stadium to see a glorified practice? No one plays to win those things . I like the Ashland and Bellbrooke scrimmages. VC and Jackson don’t like each other, no reason to play each other . We’ll pass.
A couple VC kids moved to Jackson a couple years ago and now VC fans hate anything Jackson. If VC wants to play then it needs to be a real scheduled game.
If there is beef, settle it on the field. Both schools are the same size aren't they? Close drive I believe.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:50 pm

If there is beef, settle it on the field. Both schools are the same size aren't they? Close drive I believe.
I think it’s more of a one sided beef. But if they want to play jackson would play

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Jackson is D3. VC is D4. Schools are about 30 minutes away from
each other. The old series was around the early 90s to about 2011 I think.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironmen34 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:02 pm
I think it’s more of a one sided beef. But if they want to play jackson would play
Back in the day the Jackson game was the measuring stick game for VC. If we could play with Jackson, we knew we were legit. Maybe it comes back in the next few years. Maybe it doesn’t.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:22 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:02 pm
Back in the day the Jackson game was the measuring stick game for VC. If we could play with Jackson, we knew we were legit. Maybe it comes back in the next few years. Maybe it doesn’t.
Usually every couple years jackson is looking for a new opponent. Have your AD reach out

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Didn't they just end this Wellston and Jackson regular season series because it was so one sided, decided the money wasn't worth the beating now you're wanting a jamboree game that no one is going to. Yeah that's not happening especially with the new coach he's not biting on that.

Return to “Football”