JACKSON IRONMEN FOOTBALL 2022

TheIronBoy
Waterboy

Re: JACKSON IRONMEN FOOTBALL 2022

Post by TheIronBoy »

Why would anyone in the area not want to play for the Ironmen? Good coaching, good connections, great facility and great community? Nobody wants to play on Wellston's uneven dirtpit. This is not rocket science people.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jackson is just fine. Was before. Is now and will be in the future.

Period.

It’s a winning program with rich tradition that appeals to many folks.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

100% correct Jackson is just fine, and I'm going to ruffle some feathers here but keep in mind I've got a lot of respect for what they've done over the years. However, to me Jackson needs to be more than fine, most seem content in winning the FAC which isn't a huge accomplishment based on the teams in it. I guess if the goal is a winning record and competing for the FAC crown then Jackson is much better than fine they're great, but at some point when do we step back and say that's not enough?? With the talent they've had come through the expectation for this team every year should be FAC title and a deep playoff run and I get it their region is very tough but good teams need to make runs.

This is simply from an outsiders perspective looking in for as hyped as Jackson tends to be every year it just doesn't compute come playoff time.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:33 pm 100% correct Jackson is just fine, and I'm going to ruffle some feathers here but keep in mind I've got a lot of respect for what they've done over the years. However, to me Jackson needs to be more than fine, most seem content in winning the FAC which isn't a huge accomplishment based on the teams in it. I guess if the goal is a winning record and competing for the FAC crown then Jackson is much better than fine they're great, but at some point when do we step back and say that's not enough?? With the talent they've had come through the expectation for this team every year should be FAC title and a deep playoff run and I get it their region is very tough but good teams need to make runs.

This is simply from an outsiders perspective looking in for as hyped as Jackson tends to be every year it just doesn't compute come playoff time.
I disagree with “most seem content winning the FAC”

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:02 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:33 pm 100% correct Jackson is just fine, and I'm going to ruffle some feathers here but keep in mind I've got a lot of respect for what they've done over the years. However, to me Jackson needs to be more than fine, most seem content in winning the FAC which isn't a huge accomplishment based on the teams in it. I guess if the goal is a winning record and competing for the FAC crown then Jackson is much better than fine they're great, but at some point when do we step back and say that's not enough?? With the talent they've had come through the expectation for this team every year should be FAC title and a deep playoff run and I get it their region is very tough but good teams need to make runs.

Simply going off of the quote of saying Jackson is just fine, those beautiful facilities and the talent they have going through these last few years I'd just like to see more. JMO.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:43 am
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:02 pm

Simply going off of the quote of saying Jackson is just fine, those beautiful facilities and the talent they have going through these last few years I'd just like to see more. JMO.
Agree but don’t agree with the word “most”

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

If Jackson goes 8-2, wins the fac, and gets bounced in the first round of the playoffs that would 100% be looked at as a disappointment. Anything less than 10-0 or 9-1 and a couple playoff wins isn’t gonna satisfy the fans or players and coaches

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Ironmen34 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:39 pm

If Jackson goes 8-2, wins the fac, and gets bounced in the first round of the playoffs that would 100% be looked at as a disappointment. Anything less than 10-0 or 9-1 and a couple playoff wins isn’t gonna satisfy the fans or players and coaches
That's why it's such a big deal, when Chillicothe beats Jackson.
Jackson is of course a great program, year in year out. It's just hard for them in the playoffs, like already said, their division and region is no joke. Ironton and Burg are smaller, which explains their runs in playoffs. And I think it benefits Ironton and Burg more to play bigger schools, than bigger schools to play them.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Correct and all to many times this is the case, which is why I say from an outsiders perspective they must be content with the results because you never see big changes made. Jackson relies on the heavy run they're not creative enough on offense, at some point I would've just thought shaking things up a bit to be more successful in the post-season would be great. Expand on the offense, the region they're in is tough as nails I just think once they get to the playoffs just lining up and saying I'm better than you and running it at you doesn't work. Hall needs to bring in someone with a bit more spread offense experience to give a shake up to the offense.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:09 am

Correct and all to many times this is the case, which is why I say from an outsiders perspective they must be content with the results because you never see big changes made. Jackson relies on the heavy run they're not creative enough on offense, at some point I would've just thought shaking things up a bit to be more successful in the post-season would be great. Expand on the offense, the region they're in is tough as nails I just think once they get to the playoffs just lining up and saying I'm better than you and running it at you doesn't work. Hall needs to bring in someone with a bit more spread offense experience to give a shake up to the offense.

I’d like to see Waverly also switch some things up. Insane talent and little to show. Maybe it’s just southern Ohio .

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:14 pm

I’d like to see Waverly also switch some things up. Insane talent and little to show. Maybe it’s just southern Ohio .
Oh 100% the games I've actually got to catch of these 2 teams I honestly think they took take a little stylistic approach from each other at times. At times I've felt Jackson needed to spread it out more get the play makers the ball, take a page out of Waverly's book. Waverly I've seen at times stall out inside the 5, or face 4th and short and need to take more of a jackson approach to it. Like you said could just be southern ohio because the reality is both teams are in really good regions and it's going to be tough regardless.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Agree Waverlys athletes are the best around, huge line . What 1 SOC title to show for it all ?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Can VC and Jackson play in the jamboree? Talk about a money maker for both schools. If VC continues their upward tick, maybe a jamboree game could potentially lead to a continuation of the regular season series of old?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dundas wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:58 pm Can VC and Jackson play in the jamboree? Talk about a money maker for both schools. If VC continues their upward tick, maybe a jamboree game could potentially lead to a continuation of the regular season series of old?
Hall wouldn’t show anything in week 1 vs Wellston….jamboree game he wouldn’t have the starters in at all and try anything. Probably just stick with good scrimmages.

Side note the VC crowd hates Jackson football….why would Jackson want to do this?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Dundas wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:58 pm Can VC and Jackson play in the jamboree? Talk about a money maker for both schools. If VC continues their upward tick, maybe a jamboree game could potentially lead to a continuation of the regular season series of old?
No thanks

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:19 pm
Hall wouldn’t show anything in week 1 vs Wellston….jamboree game he wouldn’t have the starters in at all and try anything. Probably just stick with good scrimmages.

Side note the VC crowd hates Jackson football….why would Jackson want to do this?
Money. Same reason Jackson and Wellston played for all of those years.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Dundas wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:22 am

Jackson doesn’t even charge for its scrimmages. Why would people pack the stadium to see a glorified practice? No one plays to win those things . I like the Ashland and Bellbrooke scrimmages. VC and Jackson don’t like each other, no reason to play each other . We’ll pass.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:26 am

Jackson doesn’t even charge for its scrimmages. Why would people pack the stadium to see a glorified practice? No one plays to win those things . I like the Ashland and Bellbrooke scrimmages. VC and Jackson don’t like each other, no reason to play each other . We’ll pass.
Just reading this, what's the beef between the two teams?

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:45 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:26 am

Just reading this, what's the beef between the two teams?
Something about "recruiting" is what I have read.

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

To the best of my knowledge, Jackson has never played a jamboree game. If the concern a making money, then just play the game. I feel like some only want to play certain teams in Jamboree type settings, so if they win, oh we beat Jackson, or Ironton, or Wheelersburg. if they lose it is what is expected, and it doesn't count on the record. If you are good enough then, try and make the game happen. But teams don't want to do that.

Return to “Football”