Gallia Academy New Coach….

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Re: Gallia Academy New Coach….

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:21 pm I'm a Penrod guy and if he ledt not on his own, that sucks. But Coach Cater was brought in with clear direction that he was hopefully the next guy. He can't be blamed for taking his opportunity. He seems to have already started strong and already has a lot in motion and long-term goals. Especially when it comes to youth football, which has been a big problem. The bridge from youth football to middle and high school. He is the coach and can do the job how he wants obviously, but I hope to goodness he cuts out the Elks from operating the youth football program and installs his own program with his own involvement. The Elks football program has been a disaster and joke since it started. Daddy ball and politics at its best.The program has suffered because of it.
Wouldn't hurt to get the Jr. High boys actually in the weight room. 7th and 8th grade when we ran a smashmouth wing T offense, we were never in the weight room and that's why my graduating class consistently got blasted on the field. We had big boys on the line too.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:14 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:21 pm I'm a Penrod guy and if he ledt not on his own, that sucks. But Coach Cater was brought in with clear direction that he was hopefully the next guy. He can't be blamed for taking his opportunity. He seems to have already started strong and already has a lot in motion and long-term goals. Especially when it comes to youth football, which has been a big problem. The bridge from youth football to middle and high school. He is the coach and can do the job how he wants obviously, but I hope to goodness he cuts out the Elks from operating the youth football program and installs his own program with his own involvement. The Elks football program has been a disaster and joke since it started. Daddy ball and politics at its best.The program has suffered because of it.
Wouldn't hurt to get the Jr. High boys actually in the weight room. 7th and 8th grade when we ran a smashmouth wing T offense, we were never in the weight room and that's why my graduating class consistently got blasted on the field. We had big boys on the line too.
I didn't know they weren't in the weightroom any more. I do know as of a couple years ago, that fell completely on middle school coaches to arrange.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:20 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:14 pm
I didn't know they weren't in the weightroom any more. I do know as of a couple years ago, that fell completely on middle school coaches to arrange.
Hell, I could be way out of touch. I was in Jr. High 11 years ago. But yeah, back then we didn't lift weights as a team. Probably should've. Or at least strength training if not weightlifting if you think 13-14 is too young for that. We just ran a lot, did hitting drills, ran some more, ad infinitum. No push-ups, sit-ups, squats, chin-ups, or even dumbbells. We had size and athletes. That 2016 class had a lot of promise early on.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

If GA is serious about getting its sports teams in the best physical shape possible, especially football and track, there's one local guy to look to. Used to teach at the High School, not sure if he still does. Dude is in perfect physical condition and has all the tips and tricks and dietary knowledge to get a team in peak condition.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Todd May?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The General wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:52 pm Todd May?
Made me laugh out loud

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

O My !!!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I'm guessing Josh Perry.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:46 pm
I'm guessing Josh Perry.
Exactomundo, brother. Pretty sure Coach Perry opened a gym a while back.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Coach May used to be that guy. And he could probably get a team in good shape, but Josh Perry was the guy I was referring to. No idea if he'd do it, but he's the guy.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:56 pm
I'm guessing Josh Perry.
Oh great! So you guys have a gym owner as a coach. Might as well be like us and hire a used car salesman. Look how great that worked for us.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Eagle Pappaw wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:04 pm

I'm guessing Josh Perry.
Oh great! So you guys have a gym owner as a coach. Might as well be like us and hire a used car salesman. Look how great that worked for us.
How's that ex-tOSU guy working out for you? Didn't he take over for the car salesman?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Do what it takes to get Jackson back on the schedule.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
The General
All State

Post by The General »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:58 pm
Coach May used to be that guy. And he could probably get a team in good shape, but Josh Perry was the guy I was referring to. No idea if he'd do it, but he's the guy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....Yea boy....

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Give Jimmy Niday a call to run his crazy offensive sets they keep other teams on there heels !!!

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Eagle Pappaw wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:04 pm

I'm guessing Josh Perry.
He previously coached football as an assistant at the varsity level and I'm pretty sure was a HC at either Jr. High or JV. So it's not like he's some Joe Blow meathead who doesn't know football.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Politics and Daddy ball!!! As far as I can remember its played a big part in GA sports ! And if the coaches don't play along goodbye!!! That's old news.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

While I do not understand the non-renewal, or the hiring of Carter, I do suspect that things are really no different politically speaking at any other of the high schools in Southeast Ohio.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

O-my :roll:

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:04 pm While I do not understand the non-renewal, or the hiring of Carter, I do suspect that things are really no different politically speaking at any other of the high schools in Southeast Ohio.
Not every school, even in SEO, non-renews the most successful coach in school history and hires a 24 year old that has two years coaching experience, without posting up the job beyond the district level.

Return to “Football”