Gallia Academy New Coach….

The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Re: Gallia Academy New Coach….

Post by The County Resident »

Good luck to Coach Carter. Great coach and even better person. He will have that program firing!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

For the sake of the AD at GA hope the new coach don't start off 0-40 ! ;)

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

That will not happen.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

So is he stilll gonna coach girls basketball?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

No brainier to much heat from the football program !!! So might stay in house with the girls assistant from last season???

readaboutit1
Waterboy

Post by readaboutit1 »

svac83 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:34 pm I am a Gallia Academy football fan. I will root for them and wish coach Carter best of Luck. With that being said. Coach Carter will not be a successful head football coach unless he grows up in a hurry. Over this past year he has proven his lack of maturity and in some cases poor judgement. For all the people that wanted this i hope you get exactly what you asked for. I hope your new Coach lives up to all the hype you have given him. I think Cole carter is a good young man and has good intentions. I think he will bring a lot of excitement to the program at least for a little while. But he has already made a few mistakes that shows his youth. There are other coaches in the school system that would of been better hires then coach Carter. Hopefully he gets some of them on his staff. Examples of this would of been coach Mac, Cody Call, the young man that is the baseball coach.

I am a big coach penrod fan. Have been since he was on coach Eddy staff years ago. He is a good football coach that has great character and turns boys into great young men. Thank you for being a influence in so many young men's lives, including my own son. As far as a coaching change goes. People should not read more into this then what there is.

This is a rumor that has been going on for over 2 years. So i will post it because it seems very plausible to me. It is my understanding that after the 2019 year coach Penrod told athletic director that he wanted to spend more time with his young girls and wife and wanted to make his marriage a higher priority and if the school wanted a different head coach that was willing to dedicate more time that he understood. The decision was made to keep Penrod as the coach. so if two years later nothing has changed in that relationship. Coach still wants to take 3 or 4 weeks vacation during summer and be a dad. And if the school decides that they want a coach dedicated 100% to program. You are left with this situation the coach doesn't really resign but you also did not really force him out.

How you don't post the job and do interviews again was a big mistake you would of thought that lesson would of been learned when coach Rife was hired basically the same way.

SVAC going to want coaching gear after all this slander too. Tough scene, better buy szn tickets to river valley and SG.

Return to “Football”