Gallia Academy New Coach….

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: Gallia Academy New Coach….

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:11 am
GalliaGrad78 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:04 pm While I do not understand the non-renewal, or the hiring of Carter, I do suspect that things are really no different politically speaking at any other of the high schools in Southeast Ohio.
Not every school, even in SEO, non-renews the most successful coach in school history and hires a 24 year old that has two years coaching experience, without posting up the job beyond the district level.
Yes, that is abnormal.

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:00 pm
Edmond Dantes wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:11 am
GalliaGrad78 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:04 pm While I do not understand the non-renewal, or the hiring of Carter, I do suspect that things are really no different politically speaking at any other of the high schools in Southeast Ohio.
Not every school, even in SEO, non-renews the most successful coach in school history and hires a 24 year old that has two years coaching experience, without posting up the job beyond the district level.
Yes, that is abnormal.

That wasn’t a dig at you. Just stating this whole situation is not how good business is done.

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

Maybe some of you on this thread/forum don’t know as much as you think you do then. Like most situations, individuals only hear and see what they want too. Kind of like a tree, everyone can see the leaves, but there are also parts of the tree that people don’t see or can’t see and that’s what’s underneath in the dirt. As an individual, Penrod is a great person, but it was time to move on.

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

MR305 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:24 pm Maybe some of you on this thread/forum don’t know as much as you think you do then. Like most situations, individuals only hear and see what they want too. Kind of like a tree, everyone can see the leaves, but there are also parts of the tree that people don’t see or can’t see and that’s what’s underneath in the dirt. As an individual, Penrod is a great person, but it was time to move on.
I’d like to think I’m fairly connected and halfway educated on the processes of these things….but I don’t think this is going to be a fire Tony Dungy, hire Jon Gruden, and win the Super Bowl next year kind of deal.

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:13 pm
MR305 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:24 pm Maybe some of you on this thread/forum don’t know as much as you think you do then. Like most situations, individuals only hear and see what they want too. Kind of like a tree, everyone can see the leaves, but there are also parts of the tree that people don’t see or can’t see and that’s what’s underneath in the dirt. As an individual, Penrod is a great person, but it was time to move on.
I’d like to think I’m fairly connected and halfway educated on the processes of these things….but I don’t think this is going to be a fire Tony Dungy, hire Jon Gruden, and win the Super Bowl next year kind of deal.
Appreciate you making my point. Lol, that didn’t take long.

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

MR305 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:23 pm
Edmond Dantes wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:13 pm
Appreciate you making my point. Lol, that didn’t take long.
🙄

Thegreenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Thegreenwave »

Not sure what type of coach he will be, but he has the players excited. I'm hearing around 40 working out right now. Big change from the 18 that finished the season.

BDS
Waterboy

Post by BDS »

Thegreenwave wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:59 pm Not sure what type of coach he will be, but he has the players excited. I'm hearing around 40 working out right now. Big change from the 18 that finished the season.
Hopefully they are 40 kids wanting to work hard, play hard, and keep their mouths shut during games.
Last edited by BDS on Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Geronimo wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:28 pm Give Jimmy Niday a call to run his crazy offensive sets they keep other teams on there heels !!!
Never forget this guy had Donnie Johnson and on his team and gave him three touches in an SEOAL championship game

"Blue guru"

"Offensive genius"

Reminds of Charlie Weiss and his "decided schematic advantage" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:35 am
Geronimo wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:28 pm Give Jimmy Niday a call to run his crazy offensive sets they keep other teams on there heels !!!
Never forget this guy had Donnie Johnson and on his team and gave him three touches in an SEOAL championship game

"Blue guru"

"Offensive genius"

Reminds of Charlie Weiss and his "decided schematic advantage" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

😂🤣😂

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

I have zero idea whether the Gallia hire was political. But there are plenty of schools (probably the vast majority of them) who made coaching hires or made any hire for that matter that are or were not political.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:17 am
I have zero idea whether the Gallia hire was political. But there are plenty of schools (probably the vast majority of them) who made coaching hires or made any hire for that matter that are or were not political.

Exactly ! Its about winning! But, after thinking on this, this hire might be the best thing for now if moving on from Penrod. I also think timing and program goals factor in and sometimes the best fit at the time isn't necessarily the best X's and O's guys. In this situation, the biggest program hurdle is numbers. They have to get numbers up for longterm success. You could argue that Coach Carter is the best guy to build enthusiasm and get kids out to play. He seems to have a good grasp and ability to do that. So right now, he might be the best fit for the program and what they really need. I'm hoping Coach gets very hands on with the youth program and aligns it better with HIS program, not for dad's living through their kids on Saturday. Seems to be off to a good start.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

"Blue guru"

"Offensive genius"

Always enjoy getting some input from you about Gahs athletics. My memory is a little foggy about that championship game, didn't Gallia win that game..... I believe that was Donnie Johnsons junior year, played the next year at your place, how did that turn out?....lol... I hope all my Logan friends are enjoying the wing tee.... Tell you Dad he is still missed on the forum and one of my favorite posters to chat with...

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

superblue wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:17 am

"Blue guru"

"Offensive genius"

Always enjoy getting some input from you about Gahs athletics. My memory is a little foggy about that championship game, didn't Gallia win that game..... I believe that was Donnie Johnsons junior year, played the next year at your place, how did that turn out?....lol... I hope all my Logan friends are enjoying the wing tee.... Tell you Dad he is still missed on the forum and one of my favorite posters to chat with...
Your memory is correct. GAHS won the game 6-3. Cole Haggerty had a pick-6 in the final minute to win it for the Devils.

For all the bluster from the O-coordinator, they could score a single point on offense.

And yes, Donnie's senior year he put on the most amazing individual performance I've ever seen against Logan. Better than anything Jeff Backes (Mr. Football in 2000), better than Grant Gregory, better than Jared Humphreys...

It only showed me how insane it was to only let DJ touch it 3 timres the year before when the offense couldn't do anything...

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Thanks for jogging my memory....lol... That was a strange ending to the game.. I think it was something like 3rd and 8 deep in your own territory, if your coach would have run the ball and then punted , you guys would have won the game for sure .. sorry to say both our programs are headed in the wrong direction, hopefully they will get turned around and someday we can play each other again...

Dwight Schrute
Waterboy

Post by Dwight Schrute »

I am late to the party here, but there is no possible way to spin this in a way that isn't a railroad job from Adam Clark. For whatever reason, he has not been a Penrod guy from the beginning. Truth be told, he wanted Mac to get the job when Penrod got it. So hear the current affairs going on, I am not shocked whatsoever. There is no reason to hire a guy with next to no experience. What happened to the days of paying their dues and working towards the dream job. Now don't get me wrong, I wish no ill will towards Kole or the program. In fact, just the opposite, I wish him nothing but success. I believe his heart is in the right place and wants nothing but the very best for those boys. But that doesn't change the fact, that I don't believe he earned the job.

Adam Clark started all of this the very first year he was hired as AD. When he has certain coaches on Rife's staff being insiders for him, and from what I was told, working blatantly against Rife, we shouldn't be surprised by anything that goes on at the Academy.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

loganlocos wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:17 am
superblue wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:17 am

"Blue guru"

"Offensive genius"

Your memory is correct. GAHS won the game 6-3. Cole Haggerty had a pick-6 in the final minute to win it for the Devils.

For all the bluster from the O-coordinator, they could score a single point on offense.

And yes, Donnie's senior year he put on the most amazing individual performance I've ever seen against Logan. Better than anything Jeff Backes (Mr. Football in 2000), better than Grant Gregory, better than Jared Humphreys...

It only showed me how insane it was to only let DJ touch it 3 timres the year before when the offense couldn't do anything...
I was at this game and will agree Donnie had a night that was unstoppable against Logan. He ran when wanting to with no problem and the short pass was there on the fake run.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

superblue wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:05 am Thanks for jogging my memory....lol... That was a strange ending to the game.. I think it was something like 3rd and 8 deep in your own territory, if your coach would have run the ball and then punted , you guys would have won the game for sure .. sorry to say both our programs are headed in the wrong direction, hopefully they will get turned around and someday we can play each other again...
I've talked with Coach Amyx several times over the last 3 years for stories in the newspaper.

Everytime we talk about that game as his biggest regret as head coach. He believes he cost our kids a league title. I've always understood the decision - we'd had a hard time covering punts all game and a first down would have ended it.

But I understand why he feels regret after the way it ended.

Hopefully both programs only get better from here. But agree there are questions about both.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Thanks for your input locos. Coaches have to make quick decisions at the end of games. Obviously he called the play thinking he would get the first down. It happens to every coach sometime doing his career. If the play would have worked he would have been a genius...lol. Remember the great Bob Lutz lost the state championship game on a call similar to that....

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good Luck Coach Carter!

Return to “Football”