Wheelersburg 2022

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg 2022

Post by Dundas »

Ed Gennero wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:07 am
Dundas wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:33 pm
Ed Gennero wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:58 pm

😂 at least you’ve moved on from Jackson.
Jackson declined for whatever reason, as did Logan. Burg called VC. Kudos to them.

If they called Vinton , then make it happen. You’ve been looking to upgrade , Wheelersburg is smaller than Vinton. It’s on Vinton now to make this happen.
We said let’s go. So I’m assuming that means you’ll see them on the schedule.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Remember how good the Burg OLine was against Ironton in the playoff game. Lot’s returning. I know Ironton is going to be good but they lost strong talent on the DLine. Early season matchup… You never know 😉

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

hoot wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:19 pm Remember how good the Burg OLine was against Ironton in the playoff game. Lot’s returning. I know Ironton is going to be good but they lost strong talent on the DLine. Early season matchup… You never know 😉
They barely eclipsed a 100 total yards. Ironton had 5 of its 6 Turnovers on Burg side of field. Wheelersburg had short fields the entire game and only scored 17pts. I’m sure Ironton is looking forward to week 1.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

XandOs wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:40 pm
hoot wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:19 pm Remember how good the Burg OLine was against Ironton in the playoff game. Lot’s returning. I know Ironton is going to be good but they lost strong talent on the DLine. Early season matchup… You never know 😉
They barely eclipsed a 100 total yards. Ironton had 5 of its 6 Turnovers on Burg side of field. Wheelersburg had short fields the entire game and only scored 17pts. I’m sure Ironton is looking forward to week 1.
When they needed a yard they got it, when they needed a drive and td they got it, when they needed to create a TO they did it, when they needed a stop they got it. 17 points was enough.

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

I'd definitely be proud of wheelersburg for winning that game if I were a fan. Kudos to them. But, they didn't really create much. Their first score - a field goal - came after they recovered of botched handoff at around Ironton's 20 or so. They were stuffed & kicked a FG. Their second score came when a screen was thrown directly at a burg kid who ran it back to the one. I believe it took them 3 (maybe 4?) plays to score from there. The game-winning drive was their best. They drove it 35 yards or so. I still think that if Ironton would've just run the ball and punted instead of throwing the ball prior to that drive (the pass was intercepted), Ironton likely wins.
I've bashed wheelersburg before - but not now...just stating facts. They were simply coached very well and made fewer mistakes than Ironton.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

LockHerUp wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:16 pm I'd definitely be proud of wheelersburg for winning that game if I were a fan. Kudos to them. But, they didn't really create much. Their first score - a field goal - came after they recovered of botched handoff at around Ironton's 20 or so. They were stuffed & kicked a FG. Their second score came when a screen was thrown directly at a burg kid who ran it back to the one. I believe it took them 3 (maybe 4?) plays to score from there. The game-winning drive was their best. They drove it 35 yards or so. I still think that if Ironton would've just run the ball and punted instead of throwing the ball prior to that drive (the pass was intercepted), Ironton likely wins.
I've bashed wheelersburg before - but not now...just stating facts. They were simply coached very well and made fewer mistakes than Ironton.
So what you are saying is ironton was out coached. That’s not breaking news

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

I was addressing a previous post. Not dismissing what you said, though...

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Never know what happens in 48mins of high school football.

The last play of the Jackson/Ironton game and the last play of the Jackson/Burg game in 2021 😧

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Burg Oline and front 7 on D will be flat out nasty this year. Oline are all returning starters from the playoff win against Ironton. Front 7 the only real question is one of the LB's. I heard they moved him to DE due to his size so they will need to fill that spot but I'm sure they have options

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

I wasn’t criticizing Ironton at all. Just pointed out that although Ironton has a few new weapons games are usually decided upfront and with clean play turnover wise. Should be a heck of a game and not the drubbing some foresee. A healthy Carpenter will help a lot too ..

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

hoot wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:45 am I wasn’t criticizing Ironton at all. Just pointed out that although Ironton has a few new weapons games are usually decided upfront and with clean play turnover wise. Should be a heck of a game and not the drubbing some foresee. A healthy Carpenter will help a lot too ..
I keep hearing about a buncha "superior coaching" @ Burg. Beat em on a nuetral in post season. All that superior coaching I keep hearing I figured Burg was considered the clear favorite?

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

TriState_34 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:39 pm
hoot wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:45 am I wasn’t criticizing Ironton at all. Just pointed out that although Ironton has a few new weapons games are usually decided upfront and with clean play turnover wise. Should be a heck of a game and not the drubbing some foresee. A healthy Carpenter will help a lot too ..
I keep hearing about a buncha "superior coaching" @ Burg. Beat em on a nuetral in post season. All that superior coaching I keep hearing I figured Burg was considered the clear favorite?
There is something to the old phrase it’s more jimmy’s and joes than X’s and O’s :D

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

JTEK wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:26 am
There is something to the old phrase it’s more jimmy’s and joes than X’s and O’s :D
Burgs jimmys & joes have had a running clock hung on em in 2 outta the last 3 vs Ironton.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

TriState_34 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:08 pm

Burgs jimmys & joes have had a running clock hung on em in 2 outta the last 3 vs Ironton.
Tri State 34 sounds a lot like our old friend, Chili

TriState_34

Post by TriState_34 »

pistol wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:44 pm
That guy must like facts. Would love to meet him.

SPelf
Freshman Team

Post by SPelf »

Personally, I would rather have a running clock put on me in week 1 and then book a trip to the regional final in the rematch. Shows who progressed as the year wore on. "Ironton wasn't healthy" "ironton had X amount of fumbles" "burg barely moved the ball"
You make the calls/ plays with the players you have at the moment. That's good battle tested coaching

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

Not from either school. But doesn’t the current Burg coach have a state championship win? Yes Jimmy’s and Joe’s are a big part of any team. As well as the X’s and O’s.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

TriState_34 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:12 pm
pistol wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:44 pm

That guy must like facts. Would love to meet him.
Look in the mirror :lol:

mustard
JV Team

Post by mustard »

Burg passing attack needs to get better

Not A Homer
Riding the Bench

Post by Not A Homer »

mustard wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:05 pm Burg passing attack needs to get better
Kaskey is out as OC, not sure if that will help or hinder the passing attack, but definitely something to keep an eye on.

Return to “Football”