New Oak Hill football coach

Jrhighmom
Waterboy

Re: New Oak Hill football coach

Post by Jrhighmom »

Oleballcoach wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:37 pm
Jrhighmom wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:50 am I wish some of the staff would have stayed. I think he's bringing in most of his own guys.
I’m not sure where you are getting your information but it’s mostly been all wrong. I talked with Boggs and Boggs said that he is bring Oak Hill people on staff. Don’t worry I’ve heard Stewart and Sites are joining him also.
IF the board would have hired local, we would not have this mess.

Oakhilljokesalso
Waterboy

Post by Oakhilljokesalso »

transplant wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:32 am I agree, would be nice to see 3 divisions, but who do you call? Piketon? Rock Hill? Ironton? All 3?
Bring in ironton,Portsmouth ,Jackson those three plus burg waverly is soc3
Oaks Minford west valley northwest soc2
Symmes valley eastern notre dame green Portsmouth East south Gallia make soc1

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jrhighmom wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:02 pm
Jrhighmom wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:50 am I wish some of the staff would have stayed. I think he's bringing in most of his own guys.
I’m not sure where you are getting your information but it’s mostly been all wrong. I talked with Boggs and Boggs said that he is bring Oak Hill people on staff. Don’t worry I’ve heard Stewart and Sites are joining him also.
What mess?? This program needed a shot of energy from an outside source and everyone knows it.

Bradley39
Riding the Bench

Post by Bradley39 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:18 am

What mess?? This program needed a shot of energy from an outside source and everyone knows it.
While I think that account is being dramatic, I disagree that the program “needed” an outside source. Oak Hill hasn’t been a bad program like everyone is making it out to be. They had one bad season, the two prior were good years. There was a talent drop off, it happens at every school, it had nothing to do with poor coaching. I don’t like the Vanderhoof hire, but I don’t think it’s necessarily a mess, and I also don’t think an outside hire was “needed”

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Bradley39 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:55 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:18 am

While I think that account is being dramatic, I disagree that the program “needed” an outside source. Oak Hill hasn’t been a bad program like everyone is making it out to be. They had one bad season, the two prior were good years. There was a talent drop off, it happens at every school, it had nothing to do with poor coaching. I don’t like the Vanderhoof hire, but I don’t think it’s necessarily a mess, and I also don’t think an outside hire was “needed”
Understandable but here's why I myself mention it as needed, absolutely there was a talent drop off, like you said it's going to happen. However there's also a numbers drop off as well, couple that with the JH season that was put together and their extremely low numbers and another talent drop off. Shows the program was headed in the wrong direction and would be for awhile. Also when we talk talent drop off I look at it from a numbers game Oak Hill has won 2 conference games in the last 2 years, in 2020 they were outscored 185-106 with 42 of that 106 coming against a very down Valley team. Now we look at 2021, zero conference wins and they were outscored 222-13 and we have to let that sink in anytime you've scored 13 points in conference play. Those are the reasons I say needed and I don't believe there's many out there that would disagree, right wrong or indifferent on the coaching hire simply hiring from the outside makes the most sense.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Here’s Oak Hill’s PF and PA in Conference play since 2005:

2005: PF 33 PA 173
2006: PF 82 PA 52
2007: PF 134 PA 76
2008: PF 147 PA 30
2009: PF 178 PA 13 (SOC1 Champs)
2010: PF 175 PA 61 (SOC1 Champs)
2011: PF 109 PA 115
2012: PF 168 PA 41 (SOC1 Champs)
2013: PF 144 PA 26 (SOC1 Champs)
2014: PF 192 PA 64 (Northwest joins SOC1) (SOC1 Tri Champs)
2015: PF 217 PA 73 (SOC1 Champs)
2016: PF 252 PA 69
2017: PF 209 PA 53 (SOC1 Champs; Green canceled)
2018: PF 290 PA 42 (SOC1 Champs)
2019: PF 84 PA 119 (Oak Hill joins SOC2)
2020: PF 106 PA 185

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Regarding TVC expansion, if Fort Frye is too far of a drive for Vinton County, then Oak Hill is too far of a drive for Nelsonville-York.

Nelsonville is closer to Columbus than it is to Oak Hill.

Having said that, I would be fine with adding both Fort Frye and Oak Hill. But I won’t buy the argument of adding Oak Hill and not Fort Frye when the argument against Fort Frye is distance.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:56 pm Regarding TVC expansion, if Fort Frye is too far of a drive for Vinton County, then Oak Hill is too far of a drive for Nelsonville-York.

Having said that, I would be fine with adding both Fort Frye and Oak Hill. But I won’t buy the argument of adding Oak Hill and not Fort Frye when the argument against Fort Frye is distance.

From the western part of VC, it’s 1:45 minutes to Fort. From NY to Oak Hill, it’s 1:08 minutes. That’s not a big enough difference for an argument?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:38 pm
NYBuckeye96 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:56 pm Regarding TVC expansion, if Fort Frye is too far of a drive for Vinton County, then Oak Hill is too far of a drive for Nelsonville-York.

From the western part of VC, it’s 1:45 minutes to Fort. From NY to Oak Hill, it’s 1:08 minutes. That’s not a big enough difference for an argument?
Yeah and most drives for TVC to Oak Hill or Oak Hill traveling to them is I'm guessing 80-90% major highway which is always played into it.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:19 pm Here’s Oak Hill’s PF and PA in Conference play since 2005:

2005: PF 33 PA 173
2006: PF 82 PA 52
2007: PF 134 PA 76
2008: PF 147 PA 30
2009: PF 178 PA 13 (SOC1 Champs)
2010: PF 175 PA 61 (SOC1 Champs)
2011: PF 109 PA 115
2012: PF 168 PA 41 (SOC1 Champs)
2013: PF 144 PA 26 (SOC1 Champs)
2014: PF 192 PA 64 (Northwest joins SOC1) (SOC1 Tri Champs)
2015: PF 217 PA 73 (SOC1 Champs)
2016: PF 252 PA 69
2017: PF 209 PA 53 (SOC1 Champs; Green canceled)
2018: PF 290 PA 42 (SOC1 Champs)
2019: PF 84 PA 119 (Oak Hill joins SOC2)
2020: PF 106 PA 185
Awesome information and you can see exactly why the Oaks had to leave SOC1 play, past 7 years they didn't give up over 73 points in a season during conference play while scoring close to or over 200 in 5 of 7 years that's just crazy. I said it in an earlier post I also don't believe they belong in SOCII play either but they're simply to large for SOC1 play as is Northwest, still feel that Oak Hill should petition TVC.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

From dust to dominating!! So Oak Hill must leave the Soc1 because of it strength? Oak Hill entered the Soc1 in 1992. From 1992 until, let's say 2005 NOBODY cared about them being part of the conference? But the program began to change and winning became the word. So all of a sudden they must leave? Just one question, when will the out cry come because of Wheelersburg, and this ABSOLUTELY no punch towards the pirates. Winning builds programs!! And Hopefully they will continue to have success Where they are, Hard work and time breeds success, but don't say when it is my time to shine,your too strong, you should leave!!

FatBoy
Waterboy

Post by FatBoy »

What makes a place like OakHill think that bringing in a new coach (HEAD) but keeping the same staff is going to change the culture? The Oaks need to build a new culture not continue on the same path they have been on! Changing leagues will not help if kids are not given proper coaching from the lower levels up! Yes they do not belong in the SOCII but the talent level at any school is only as good as they are taught by( coaching staffs)from pee wee to varsity!Good luck to OakHill in the hiring of a new coach I hope he is the right guy to lead young men!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

gator81 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:15 am From dust to dominating!! So Oak Hill must leave the Soc1 because of it strength? Oak Hill entered the Soc1 in 1992. From 1992 until, let's say 2005 NOBODY cared about them being part of the conference? But the program began to change and winning became the word. So all of a sudden they must leave? Just one question, when will the out cry come because of Wheelersburg, and this ABSOLUTELY no punch towards the pirates. Winning builds programs!! And Hopefully they will continue to have success Where they are, Hard work and time breeds success, but don't say when it is my time to shine,your too strong, you should leave!!
It’s not even the same category, first off it’s 2022. Oak Hill is a DV school playing in a league of all DVII schools outside of Northwest who moves back up next year I believe it is. Pretty simple really when a DV school is clobbering these small schools you can look at the scores and see that plain as day. Schools in SOC1 have done nothing but get smaller and smaller so trying to compare the 90s to now simply doesn’t work. Burg is same size as the other schools in SOCII and they’re at least having close games at times. I mean oak hill is DV and so is burg should they be SOCI?? They’d have the same outcome as oak hill was doing.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Sorry, but subject timeline was the Soc1 years.Per your statement (greygoose) is when Oak Hill HAD to leave the Soc1. All said and done, As Long as the Program was underdeveloped it was ok . As with all, or most high school programs will have their run or winning streaks. So when a program does reach a point of winning, to say it is time for you to go.....
To say the scoring vs opponent was egregious, is of course of a personal POV.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

gator81 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:51 pm Sorry, but subject timeline was the Soc1 years.Per your statement (greygoose) is when Oak Hill HAD to leave the Soc1. All said and done, As Long as the Program was underdeveloped it was ok . As with all, or most high school programs will have their run or winning streaks. So when a program does reach a point of winning, to say it is time for you to go.....
To say the scoring vs opponent was egregious, is of course of a personal POV.
Sorry you're discussing something from 30 years ago and trying to act like nothing changed. SO you're saying based on all of the schools going down in size and Oak Hill being 2 divisions higher and looking at those scores you're going to sit here and say the Oaks belong in SOC1?? I don't believe they belong in either league, but there's not a fan out there that can say a team like Northwest right along the same lines as Oak Hill should be moved back up without saying Oak Hill shouldn't be as well. I still believe and have for sometime best fit for Oak Hill is TVC.

gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Just read the text as is. No more no less. And I never said where Oak Hill should be in or out of the Soc 1or 2.Your(greygoose) statement was basically that Oak Hill had become too strong for Soc1 play. My statements were no one cared when the Oaks were not winning. As with any program, I would hope the goals would be to increase. But say when the program reaches those goals ,Oh they need to leave.....

Jrhighmom
Waterboy

Post by Jrhighmom »

I will have to say my son went to weight lifting yesterday and loved it. He said he liked the new coach and staff.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

Oak Hill should be in SOC 2. They are D5. But they aren’t used to and have never really wanted to compete at their level. Really I think if the SVAC hadn’t dissolved they would have never left. They were happy beating Southern and Southwestern and in todays world they were happy beating Northwest and Sciotoville. History solves the mystery.

Say what you want but I doubt seriously they would join the TVC Ohio. Wouldn’t be able to beat Athens or Nelsonville often enough to keep them happy. Maybe they should join that league with Logan and Hannan.

The road to the TVC crown runs through Reedsville!
Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Titletown TVC wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:13 pm Oak Hill should be in SOC 2. They are D5. But they aren’t used to and have never really wanted to compete at their level. Really I think if the SVAC hadn’t dissolved they would have never left. They were happy beating Southern and Southwestern and in todays world they were happy beating Northwest and Sciotoville. History solves the mystery.

Say what you want but I doubt seriously they would join the TVC Ohio. Wouldn’t be able to beat Athens or Nelsonville often enough to keep them happy. Maybe they should join that league with Logan and Hannan.
Oak Hill couldn't win the Hocking in most years. They want no part of the TVC.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Titletown TVC wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:13 pm Oak Hill should be in SOC 2. They are D5. But they aren’t used to and have never really wanted to compete at their level. Really I think if the SVAC hadn’t dissolved they would have never left. They were happy beating Southern and Southwestern and in todays world they were happy beating Northwest and Sciotoville. History solves the mystery.

From what I have been told, OH tried to join the TVC when the SVAC dissolved. Southern and eastern were moving to the TVC and OH wanted too as well but they weren’t invited. Not sure as to why. I’m guessing with southern and eastern, the TVC had 12 teams/2 divisions and Oak Hill was just the team left out.

Return to “Football”