New Oak Hill football coach

Izladoom
All State

Re: New Oak Hill football coach

Post by Izladoom »

Oak hill belongs in the soc 2 because of size but I know several people that want them to move back down because they don’t think they stand a chance in the soc 2 technically valley based on size should be in the soc 1 but you won’t find anyone from valley that wants to move down even tho they will not be winning much for a few years after this year

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I remember when Oak Hill tried to join the TVC. It was about the time that Eastern and Southern joined after the SVAC dissolved. I can’t remember what the vote was for and against, but I do remember they wanted to join. I don’t remember if Oak Hill applied at the exact same time Eastern and Southern applied, or if it was shortly after that. I don’t remember if they wanted in the Ohio or Hocking either. When Eastern and Southern joined, it was the exact moment the TVC split into divisions.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:03 pm I remember when Oak Hill tried to join the TVC. It was about the time that Eastern and Southern joined after the SVAC dissolved. I can’t remember what the vote was for and against, but I do remember they wanted to join. I don’t remember if Oak Hill applied at the exact same time Eastern and Southern applied, or if it was shortly after that. I don’t remember if they wanted in the Ohio or Hocking either. When Eastern and Southern joined, it was the exact moment the TVC split into divisions.

They want no part of it now though.

Jrhighmom
Waterboy

Post by Jrhighmom »

Does anybody know if Stewart is on the new staff? He wasn't at the meet and greet.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

So was any part of his resume true?

Jrhighmom
Waterboy

Post by Jrhighmom »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:03 pm So was any part of his resume true?
All of his resume was true.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

Izladoom wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:48 am Oak hill belongs in the soc 2 because of size but I know several people that want them to move back down because they don’t think they stand a chance in the soc 2 technically valley based on size should be in the soc 1 but you won’t find anyone from valley that wants to move down even tho they will not be winning much for a few years after this year
I concur Valley needs moved down for a couple years until the numbers are restored. If the current #'s are correct every school valley plays is 2 to 3 divisions larger. Going into playoffs beat up is not productive. SOC 1 may be a good move, but it may be time the SOC goes to 3 conferences. Plenty of schools and it could be more balanced in play every 3 years reevaluate, and move schools accordingly.

Oleballcoach
Waterboy

Post by Oleballcoach »

Jrhighmom wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:19 pm Does anybody know if Stewart is on the new staff? He wasn't at the meet and greet.

I was told that Stewart applied for Wellston and asked two other Coaches if they get Wellston if he can join there staff. I was told this by another coach from last year’s staff also applied at Wellston.

Bradley39
Riding the Bench

Post by Bradley39 »

Oleballcoach wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:45 pm
Jrhighmom wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:19 pm Does anybody know if Stewart is on the new staff? He wasn't at the meet and greet.

I was told that Stewart applied for Wellston and asked two other Coaches if they get Wellston if he can join there staff. I was told this by another coach from last year’s staff also applied at Wellston.
If you think Stewart is ever leaving Oak Hill with the connections he has there you are wrong. He is still in college, so it’s reasonable to assume that is why he was not at the meet and greet.

LardLadDonuts
Waterboy

Post by LardLadDonuts »

Oak Hill will not have another winning season as long as they’re in the SOCII. Fact

New2this
Waterboy

Post by New2this »

It's time to leave the new coach alone. All this crap is being started by 1 family. Your son didn't get coach, get over it. We as parents don't want him on staff. Let the kids play football and lift in peace.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

New2this wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:18 am It's time to leave the new coach alone. All this crap is being started by 1 family. Your son didn't get coach, get over it. We as parents don't want him on staff. Let the kids play football and lift in peace.

I agree 110% with the statement of leaving the coach n kids be. I have no idea the finger pointing n blame game nor does it matter to me as an outsider. But for the programs sale. Let the coach n kids get in the right mindset for off seaosn workouts to get and be ready for the season. That team team chemistry starts now.

Good Luck Oaks movin forward….

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

I’m not hearing very good things. Wonder if any kids will transfer to Gallia Academy

Speedy991
Waterboy

Post by Speedy991 »

Vik wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:34 pm I’m not hearing very good things. Wonder if any kids will transfer to Gallia Academy
The kids love the new coach. Averaging 39 kids at weightlifting. There is a bunch of drama on the outside because a couple guys are mad they didn’t get the head coaching job. Trying to make things as miserable as possible. And we wonder why oak hill cannot succeed. Those people are worried about themselves and not the kids. Trying to make it so if the new coach ever quits a teacher will be hired no matter what their experience is. The kids have bought in and are doing great. Should be a great season. Future looks bright as long as the new coach stays.

Oakhilljokesalso
Waterboy

Post by Oakhilljokesalso »

Bradley39 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:22 pm
Oleballcoach wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:45 pm

I was told that Stewart applied for Wellston and asked two other Coaches if they get Wellston if he can join there staff. I was told this by another coach from last year’s staff also applied at Wellston. Stewart said he was wanting to go to wellston no matter who was coach.
If you think Stewart is ever leaving Oak Hill with the connections he has there you are wrong. He is still in college, so it’s reasonable to assume that is why he was not at the meet and greet.
Stewart was on the radio show as a Wellston assistant from what we watched last night on BMG video.
Stewart said he wanted to go to Wellston. No matter who the coach.

sgtwilliamjames
Waterboy

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

from what i have heard he will make a big impact on the wellston program.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

What’s the new guy’s resume? Has he coached around here before? Never heard that name before.

B Fstew
Waterboy

Post by B Fstew »

sgtwilliamjames wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:57 am from what i have heard he will make a big impact on the wellston program.
He will make a big impact on wellston. He is the biggest drama queen I have seen , and you can have momma too. There is a bunch of people going to board meeting to have her removed from board.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Posted in another thread, but OHSAA website open dates section shows Burg currently looking for Week 6 opponent for 2023-24; Minford looking for Week 8 opponent in 2023-24; and Waverly looking for Week 10 opponent in 2023-24. Only thing I can come up with is that Oak Hill either going back to SOC I (with Northwest staying in SOC I as well), or to another conference.*

Bradley39
Riding the Bench

Post by Bradley39 »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:36 am Posted in another thread, but OHSAA website open dates section shows Burg currently looking for Week 6 opponent for 2023-24; Minford looking for Week 8 opponent in 2023-24; and Waverly looking for Week 10 opponent in 2023-24. Only thing I can come up with is that Oak Hill either going back to SOC I (with Northwest staying in SOC I as well), or to another conference.*
It’s actually because when northwest moves up to the II the conference schedule gets rearranged. Oak Hill and northwest will play week 10, and I believe oak hill plays Waverly week 6

Return to “Football”