Who will be Reedsville Eastern new football coach?

j9racing
Freshman Team

Who will be Reedsville Eastern new football coach?

Post by j9racing »

Thoughts

on the black
Freshman Team

Re: Who will be Reedsville Eastern new football coach?

Post by on the black »

My best guess is Brian Bowen. The board going around union contract is the only way this doesn’t happen

Teddy0444
Waterboy

Post by Teddy0444 »

Still no news?

TomcatPride!
Waterboy

Post by TomcatPride! »

If they wanna win they need a tomcat. Get that coach who won the state in JH track. That dude is a proven winner.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

on the black wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:13 pm My best guess is Brian Bowen. The board going around union contract is the only way this doesn’t happen
Few friends down on the river told me it was going to be some guy from Ravenswood who nobody has even heard of, which is ridiculous.

Coach Bowen was, is, an excellent coach. The guy was just inducted into the Southeast district baseball hall of fame - and he is a teacher at the school! I know he was a darn good baseball coach, but I honestly believe he'd make an even better football coach. I've always thought that, he just never had the right opportunity or the time wasn't right. They would be fools not to hire him, imo.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Does the guy from Ravenswood ahve a name? lol

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:41 pm
on the black wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:13 pm My best guess is Brian Bowen. The board going around union contract is the only way this doesn’t happen
Few friends down on the river told me it was going to be some guy from Ravenswood who nobody has even heard of, which is ridiculous.

Coach Bowen was, is, an excellent coach. The guy was just inducted into the Southeast district baseball hall of fame - and he is a teacher at the school! I know he was a darn good baseball coach, but I honestly believe he'd make an even better football coach. I've always thought that, he just never had the right opportunity or the time wasn't right. They would be fools not to hire him, imo.
I couldn't agree more with you this. I coached football with Coach Bowen and they are making a huge mistake by not hiring him.

carpetmuncher
Waterboy

Post by carpetmuncher »

Bowen is a great coach but why would he want to coach there again? :geek:
I know I wouldn't want to.

on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

The superintendent who was leading the crusade against Bowen is gone. I heard that he had applied and from the best of my knowledge if a teacher applies they have to hire them, per the teachers union contract. If he has in fact applied and is not hired I think you’re going to see a community of very unhappy Eagles

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

If I got my facts straight, when John Burdette reapplied for the girls basketball job he didn't get it because a teacher applied. And I'd say John, with a state championship, was by far more qualified.

Now, a teacher who wants the football job is being denied - and it will be given to some outsider, who has no head football coaching experience, from across the river with no ties to Eastern what so ever.

Talk about HYPOCRISY, or I guess JOKE is another term we could use.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

One of the Bowden brothers works at Eastern? I cant believe they didnt give him the job.

Teddy0444
Waterboy

Post by Teddy0444 »

Jason jackson from Ravenswood was offered the job

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Teddy0444 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:51 pm Jason jackson from Ravenswood was offered the job
Glad to hear. Racine will be back to beating them regularly again in short order. :o

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Teddy0444 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:51 pm Jason jackson from Ravenswood was offered the job
Jason teaches at Meigs (vocational) and is a wonderful choice for the job!

Teddy0444
Waterboy

Post by Teddy0444 »

The other guy in the running was Lance Binegar former head coach at Parkersburg catholic and Belpre

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:11 pm
Has he been a head coach before?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:32 pm
Not 100% certain but he's been an assistant at Ravenswood for at least as long as I've known him, which is more than 10 years. Great motivator in the classroom as well.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

So Eastern has a guy in Brian Bowen, who is one of the better athletes to ever suit up for the Eagles, played college football at Marietta College, returned to his alma mater to teach, led Eastern to numerous league and district championships and has been inducted into the Southeast District coaches hall of fame - but isn't being considered or given the job? Instead, they are giving it to an assistant coach from Ravenswood West Virginia who is a vocational teacher at Meigs High School? Sounds reasonable I guess. SMH

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:25 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:32 pm

Not 100% certain but he's been an assistant at Ravenswood for at least as long as I've known him, which is more than 10 years. Great motivator in the classroom as well.
No, he's never been a head coach.

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:46 pm So Eastern has a guy in Brian Bowen, who is one of the better athletes to ever suit up for the Eagles, played college football at Marietta College, returned to his alma mater to teach, led Eastern to numerous league and district championships and has been inducted into the Southeast District coaches hall of fame - but isn't being considered or given the job? Instead, they are giving it to an assistant coach from Ravenswood West Virginia who is a vocational teacher at Meigs High School? Sounds reasonable I guess. SMH
Additionally, Coach Bowen was the D-coordinator for some of the best teams, (two of which were the first in school history to make the playoffs), in Eastern history. He also coached QB's & LB's. Not sure how many years in a row he coached 1st team all Ohio players at those positions, there were several, but I do know that for some of those years players he coached on both sides of the ball during the same seasons were all Ohio selections. The man can coach football with the best of them. He was also a huge part of the strength program for those teams mentioned and continued that throughout his career at Eastern. There have been several attempts to try to lure him away to coach football at other schools, but he stayed loyal to Eastern. Nice payback they've provided him. Yes, poor leadership by the district IMO.

Return to “Football”