Who will be Reedsville Eastern new football coach?

BlizzardMan
S

Re: Who will be Reedsville Eastern new football coach?

Post by BlizzardMan »

Attack wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:51 am
93Bulldog wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:46 pm So Eastern has a guy in Brian Bowen, who is one of the better athletes to ever suit up for the Eagles, played college football at Marietta College, returned to his alma mater to teach, led Eastern to numerous league and district championships and has been inducted into the Southeast District coaches hall of fame - but isn't being considered or given the job? Instead, they are giving it to an assistant coach from Ravenswood West Virginia who is a vocational teacher at Meigs High School? Sounds reasonable I guess. SMH
Additionally, Coach Bowen was the D-coordinator for some of the best teams, (two of which were the first in school history to make the playoffs), in Eastern history. He also coached QB's & LB's. Not sure how many years in a row he coached 1st team all Ohio players at those positions, there were several, but I do know that for some of those years players he coached on both sides of the ball during the same seasons were all Ohio selections. The man can coach football with the best of them. He was also a huge part of the strength program for those teams mentioned and continued that throughout his career at Eastern. There have been several attempts to try to lure him away to coach football at other schools, but he stayed loyal to Eastern. Nice payback they've provided him. Yes, poor leadership by the district IMO.
Is anybody sure he actually applied or just hearsay? I don't know anything about this, and not even saying if this did happen that its not wrong to do the man like that, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Jason Jackson is a qualified coach that will do a very good job.

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:39 am
93Bulldog wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:46 pm So Eastern has a guy in Brian Bowen, who is one of the better athletes to ever suit up for the Eagles, played college football at Marietta College, returned to his alma mater to teach, led Eastern to numerous league and district championships and has been inducted into the Southeast District coaches hall of fame - but isn't being considered or given the job? Instead, they are giving it to an assistant coach from Ravenswood West Virginia who is a vocational teacher at Meigs High School? Sounds reasonable I guess. SMH
Additionally, Coach Bowen was the D-coordinator for some of the best teams, (two of which were the first in school history to make the playoffs), in Eastern history. He also coached QB's & LB's. Not sure how many years in a row he coached 1st team all Ohio players at those positions, there were several, but I do know that for some of those years players he coached on both sides of the ball during the same seasons were all Ohio selections. The man can coach football with the best of them. He was also a huge part of the strength program for those teams mentioned and continued that throughout his career at Eastern. There have been several attempts to try to lure him away to coach football at other schools, but he stayed loyal to Eastern. Nice payback they've provided him. Yes, poor leadership by the district IMO.
Is anybody sure he actually applied or just hearsay? I don't know anything about this, and not even saying if this did happen that its not wrong to do the man like that, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Jason Jackson is a qualified coach that will do a very good job.
Yes, he applied. Not sure how it will all shake out. Not a good situation to be in for sure. You speak about Coach Jackson as if you know him well. How many years did you coach with him?

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

I know both candidates. Bowen and Jackson are both fantastic coaches. While it is disappointing that Eastern has chosen never to give Bowen the chance he deserves, dont sleep on Jackson. He will run a great program.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:30 pm I know both candidates. Bowen and Jackson are both fantastic coaches. While it is disappointing that Eastern has chosen never to give Bowen the chance he deserves, dont sleep on Jackson. He will run a great program.
Nothing against the Jackson guy, but I don't know him. And that's the point. He's an outsider coming in that no one knows. He will struggle to put a staff together of qualified assistants. Bowen on the other hand is a proven coach and already had a full staff waiting to get started. I hope the union steps in and makes this thing right, not for Bowen, but for the kids and the program. The best choice, all things considered, for the betterment of the program is Bowen and it's not even close. And this is from a life long supporter and community member, and former coach.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:57 pm
Lonesome Polecat wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:30 pm I know both candidates. Bowen and Jackson are both fantastic coaches. While it is disappointing that Eastern has chosen never to give Bowen the chance he deserves, dont sleep on Jackson. He will run a great program.
Nothing against the Jackson guy, but I don't know him. And that's the point. He's an outsider coming in that no one knows. He will struggle to put a staff together of qualified assistants. Bowen on the other hand is a proven coach and already had a full staff waiting to get started. I hope the union steps in and makes this thing right, not for Bowen, but for the kids and the program. The best choice, all things considered, for the betterment of the program is Bowen and it's not even close. And this is from a life long supporter and community member, and former coach.

The union thing is based on their current agreement. Many districts have dropped the provision of teachers in district being required to be hired over outsiders. The provisions probably changed because of the Burdette thing if I had to guess. Either way, Bowen could probably at least force the district to pay him the salary he would've gotten if he had been hired.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Attack wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:46 am

Yes, he applied. Not sure how it will all shake out. Not a good situation to be in for sure. You speak about Coach Jackson as if you know him well. How many years did you coach with him?
The Superintendent informed Coach Bowen that he "didn't have enough football coaching experience." lol

... Sounds to me like this Super doesn't have enough administrative experience.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:06 pm

The union thing is based on their current agreement. Many districts have dropped the provision of teachers in district being required to be hired over outsiders. The provisions probably changed because of the Burdette thing if I had to guess. Either way, Bowen could probably at least force the district to pay him the salary he would've gotten if he had been hired.
Don't know you buddy, but I assure you I know the Eastern contract inside and out. It's a sure win if he wants to pursue. The thing is, that's not Bowen. So I doubt he pushes it. But I hope he does.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:12 pm
Attack wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:46 am

The Superintendent informed Coach Bowen that he "didn't have enough football coaching experience." lol

... Sounds to me like this Super doesn't have enough administrative experience.
Yea that's a crock of shiite about Bowen lacking experience. And you're right, the new guy has no experience and he comes in and this is his first big decision. Doesn't look good for longevity.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:15 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:06 pm

Don't know you buddy, but I assure you I know the Eastern contract inside and out. It's a sure win if he wants to pursue. The thing is, that's not Bowen. So I doubt he pushes it. But I hope he does.
Ok. I believe you. Maybe he should just take another open job and say screw them. I'm sure someone would hire him in a heartbeat.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Another interesting thing, since Eastern and Southern pay a share of money into the Meigs Career Tech school, could teachers in the CT program at Meigs be considered Eastern employees? I really don't know. Do you 31?
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teddy0444
Waterboy

Post by Teddy0444 »

Bowden was told not enough football coaching experience. I would also guess that his last fight with the superintendent played a roll even though that’s not right.

Binegar was told they couldn’t guarantee him a job in the building and it would take to long for him to get there or it would be a different story

Jackson offered the job with no head coaching experience and has been turn away by Ravenswood many times where he has all of his coaching experience.

on the black
Freshman Team

Post by on the black »

Eastern is turning into a total joke. Bowen has more football knowledge than everyone in that school combined. JOKE

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:55 pm Another interesting thing, since Eastern and Southern pay a share of money into the Meigs Career Tech school, could teachers in the CT program at Meigs be considered Eastern employees? I really don't know. Do you 31?
No it does not.

A few more points. The Super claimed Coach Bowen didn't have enough experience, yet he didn't call a single reference. And why wasn't Jackson hired for the Meigs football job when he applied, especially if he was a teacher there?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Maybe Eastern is ready for a fight on this.
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:26 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:55 pm Another interesting thing, since Eastern and Southern pay a share of money into the Meigs Career Tech school, could teachers in the CT program at Meigs be considered Eastern employees? I really don't know. Do you 31?
No it does not.

A few more points. The Super claimed Coach Bowen didn't have enough experience, yet he didn't call a single reference. And why wasn't Jackson hired for the Meigs football job when he applied, especially if he was a teacher there?
The job went to another teacher in district who was already on the staff. Many within felt he should've gotten it.

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:08 am
No it does not.

The job went to another teacher in district who was already on the staff. Many within felt he should've gotten it.
Some say he has anger issues as reported by Ravenswood, and that's the reason Meigs didn't hire him.

Teddy0444
Waterboy

Post by Teddy0444 »

Attack wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:58 am

No it does not.

Some say he has anger issues as reported by Ravenswood, and that's the reason Meigs didn't hire him.
I have heard many stories from multiple sources about the anger issues.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

No it does not.

Thats not right. Meigs had the chance to hire the very best young coaching prospect in the state. So thats what they did.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

MarauderMadness wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:29 pm

Thats not right. Meigs had the chance to hire the very best young coaching prospect in the state. So thats what they did.
I don't even know who the Meigs coach is?

Ballboy
Waterboy

Post by Ballboy »

I hope Eastern gives Coach Jackson a chance! Good guy!!

Return to “Football”