Tayvion Galloway

Ohio1234
JV Team

Tayvion Galloway

Post by Ohio1234 »

The 6’6 220 pound sophomore is having A big winter as far as recruitment goes big time coaches walking the halls of Chillicothe and attending basketball games so far has racked in 12 D1 offers the biggest being

LSU
Cincy
Michigan State
Pitt
Purdue
Indiana
Kentucky

This kid is Going to have his pick and what is more impressive is his work ethic and 3.5 gpa in the class room.the sky is the limit for this young man and with Bartholomew now over the reins in Chillicothe. I think the next couple years could be special.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Re: Tayvion Galloway

Post by Svcguru »

Love the kids work ethic and size. But if he doesn’t produce better on the field this upcoming season than he did last year at Unioto, some of these offers might get pulled. Its the reality of college football recruiting today. Athletes get offered super early on size and potential but still have to perform on the field. Tayvion is really raw when it comes to all things football. I’m sure with his work ethic he will have a great upcoming season. His future is looking very bright though

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Svcguru wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:50 am Love the kids work ethic and size. But if he doesn’t produce better on the field this upcoming season than he did last year at Unioto, some of these offers might get pulled. Its the reality of college football recruiting today. Athletes get offered super early on size and potential but still have to perform on the field. Tayvion is really raw when it comes to all things football. I’m sure with his work ethic he will have a great upcoming season. His future is looking very bright though
I respectively disagree.

I think the reality of college recruiting today has less and less to do with on field production. Offers and more importantly, committable offers, are earned on the spring and summer camp circuit. College coaches by nature are arrogant and competitive. They feel like if they can get the best athletes, no matter how "raw" they can coach them into productive college players. Galloway is a specimen. As long as he continues to get stronger and still runs fast and jumps high, it won't matter if he catches 15 balls or 150 balls for Chillicothe next fall the offers won't go anywhere. Again, this is just my opinion.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:13 am
Svcguru wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:50 am Love the kids work ethic and size. But if he doesn’t produce better on the field this upcoming season than he did last year at Unioto, some of these offers might get pulled. Its the reality of college football recruiting today. Athletes get offered super early on size and potential but still have to perform on the field. Tayvion is really raw when it comes to all things football. I’m sure with his work ethic he will have a great upcoming season. His future is looking very bright though
I respectively disagree.

I think the reality of college recruiting today has less and less to do with on field production. Offers and more importantly, committable offers, are earned on the spring and summer camp circuit. College coaches by nature are arrogant and competitive. They feel like if they can get the best athletes, no matter how "raw" they can coach them into productive college players. Galloway is a specimen. As long as he continues to get stronger and still runs fast and jumps high, it won't matter if he catches 15 balls or 150 balls for Chillicothe next fall the offers won't go anywhere. Again, this is just my opinion.
Totally agree. Size and potential matter at the next level regardless. He has all the tools and will be able to hand pick which D1 school he wants to play football at.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

I didn't see Ohio State on this list. Does anybody know if they are actively recruiting him or is there a reason they are not? Just curious.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

He’s being an elite recruitment due to his size. He’s working hard. These big time schools see the size, sees he’s working and they believe they can take that size and that work ethic and make him something that can help them.

He’s got a lot of work to do but he’s right in his range of time to do it. He’s 16….his next 2 years will determine if he plays on the big time Saturday stage….his next 5 will determine if there is another level of opportunity.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Awesome, congratulations to the young man.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:00 pm I didn't see Ohio State on this list. Does anybody know if they are actively recruiting him or is there a reason they are not? Just curious.
Just read an article on twitter talking about OSU and Kevin Wilson recruiting him…just haven’t offered yet…more than likely in the works though.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

522Pirate wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:10 pm
soggybottomtopper wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:00 pm I didn't see Ohio State on this list. Does anybody know if they are actively recruiting him or is there a reason they are not? Just curious.
Just read an article on twitter talking about OSU and Kevin Wilson recruiting him…just haven’t offered yet…more than likely in the works though.
I appreciate it 522Pirate. Great to hear. Would be fun to follow him as a Buckeye.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Yeah Kevin Wilson sat behind us at the Chillicothe basketball game against warren he’s def been checking him out. I believe Galloway will have a chance to show case his skills at the Rivals camp in a couple months I think he should have a solid year at chilli depending on if we have a QB to get him the ball lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ohio1234 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:36 pm
Yeah Kevin Wilson sat behind us at the Chillicothe basketball game against warren he’s def been checking him out. I believe Galloway will have a chance to show case his skills at the Rivals camp in a couple months I think he should have a solid year at chilli depending on if we have a QB to get him the ball lol
We have one 😁

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

Any truth to him getting kicked out of school?

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

jose wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:14 pm Any truth to him getting kicked out of school?
I heard either 7 or 10 days

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Ed Ott wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:23 pm
jose wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:14 pm Any truth to him getting kicked out of school?
If true, hate to hear that for his sake.

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Seen this happen to a few kids that were similar. They were better football players at the time but he has more upside with his size. Offers and visits as a sophomore, fewer as Juniors, and little once they become Seniors. I watched him play Waverly and he wasn't even noticeable on the field. The new landscape of recruiting is changing as well. In years past, a coach from Eastern Michigan just worried about recruiting HS kids. Now they have to convince and make sure their 1st string guys don't leave for the Big Ten. They also have to make sure their 2nd stringers and lower don't leave for D2 or NAIA. And they are also trying to contact maybe 2nd or 3rd stringers at a Big Ten school. Going to be harder for Coaches and HS students for sure.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MasterOfNone wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:15 am
It's true, heard it was for fighting.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

greygoose wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:11 pm

Come on man. This kid is too talented, has too bright a future, to get involved in a fight at school. Don't know the circumstances, so can't really speak on it. Just hate to see it.
Not saying he isn't, but love athletes that are role models for their teammates, classmates, younger kids, and schools both on and off the field.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:20 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:11 pm

Come on man. This kid is too talented, has too bright a future, to get involved in a fight at school. Don't know the circumstances, so can't really speak on it. Just hate to see it.
Not saying he isn't, but love athletes that are role models for their teammates, classmates, younger kids, and schools both on and off the field.
Exactly, one of the area coaches was just telling me about this a few days ago as we were talking about some of the area guys and who's getting D1 looks. We mentioned this young man and he said yeah if he can keep out of trouble because these kinds of things simply can't happen. Hoping he learns from it.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hope for the best. Never heard of him but looks like he has the size. I would have liked him to stay at Unioto over Chillicothe

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:19 pm Hope for the best. Never heard of him but looks like he has the size. I would have liked him to stay at Unioto over Chillicothe
Why would you have rather he stayed at Unioto?

Return to “Football”