(New) Twin State League

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

(New) Twin State League

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye , Warren , Marietta , and Point Pleasant now have a league. I think this league has so much potential. They are looking for new members. Even have an idea where teams could be added and play in multiple leagues. I think this will be an innovative league.

http://www.mariettatimes.com/sports/202 ... ormed-tsl/

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: (New) Twin State League

Post by Omega »

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

You would think this league would intrigue Morgan---especially the FB coach.
I doubt if he would mind trading Sheridan and Tri-Valley for Warren and Marietta.
Travel wouldn't be bad for them....except for the trip to Point.
A downside would be one of the plusses for the MVL is that all their travel is reasonable.
I have no clue if Gallipolis would be interested but if they were you'd think River Valley might give it a thought.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

fortdawg wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:47 pm You would think this league would intrigue Morgan---especially the FB coach.
I doubt if he would mind trading Sheridan and Tri-Valley for Warren and Marietta.
A downside would be one of the plusses for the MVL is that all their travel is reasonable.
I have no clue if Gallipolis would be interested but if they were you'd think River Valley might give it a thought.
MVL has a 10 year league freeze as of last year when they expanded.

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:16 pm
fortdawg wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:47 pm You would think this league would intrigue Morgan---especially the FB coach.
MVL has a 10 year league freeze as of last year when they expanded.
Plus with the new big school and small school divisions you only play one crossover game a year in football right?

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

I doubt that Morgan would leave a league they have been a part of since it began in 1938 for a league of schools that could find no other home. Just being honest. Not trying to be disrespectful. I hope things work out well for the new league. Being in the small school division helps the Morgan teams compete a little better.

There are 2 cross division games in football. Morgan is currently the largest school in the small school division. They are also the most likely to move to the big school division if any of the smaller big schools (River View, Philo, Maysville) have a drop in enrollment.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

As far as the MVL 10 year freeze, there is a buy out option. If I recall correctly, it is $10,000 per year for the years left in the 10 year agreement. This is year 2 of the 12 team MVL.

Also, if Morgan left it would be a shame since the MVL had 4 teams interested in the 3 spots as they moved from 9 to 12 teams. Cambridge was the odd team out. Now that they are in the Buckeye 8 I doubt they would be interested in an MVL opening.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

teach1coach2 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:54 pm As far as the MVL 10 year freeze, there is a buy out option. If I recall correctly, it is $10,000 per year for the years left in the 10 year agreement. This is year 2 of the 12 team MVL.

Also, if Morgan left it would be a shame since the MVL had 4 teams interested in the 3 spots as they moved from 9 to 12 teams. Cambridge was the odd team out. Now that they are in the Buckeye 8 I doubt they would be interested in an MVL opening.
I thought it started at 10k year one and then dropped 1k every year until year 10. I could be wrong though. Definitely a smart move by the MVL though. I assume they saw what happened with the seoal and ecol and wanted some protection.

Kcin2791
Waterboy

Post by Kcin2791 »

Parkersburg South and Ripley could find this new league a nice landing spot

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

You might be correct Dudas. I would not think $10,000 would not be a big deal if a school really wanted to move leagues.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Kcin2791 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:19 pm Parkersburg South and Ripley could find this new league a nice landing spot
Good chance of happening

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Why would Morgan want to leave the MVL? Zero chance that happens.

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

I believe South and Ripley attended meetings or at least were invited to them, declined to join.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

will be nice for fort to have at least 3 given games (4 if you count waterford) every year, and not having to fill almost the whole scheduel ever year. in football they should be at the top

Tom Smyth
Waterboy

Post by Tom Smyth »

redblue85 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:31 pm will be nice for fort to have at least 3 given games (4 if you count waterford) every year, and not having to fill almost the whole scheduel ever year. in football they should be at the top
Aren't they playing Trimble every year now? I thought I read where they have them on the schedule.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Athens to the TSL?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

After the Burrow years Athens has come down to earth in the TVC. Until they get better, I would say they will stay in the TVC. Right now, Trimble and Nelson/York are the big boys. Overall thought is Athens would make the Twin State a better league. Logan has no business continuing with that Columbus league. With the way they have been playing over the last dozen years they would not dominate in the TSL. Athens, Logan, Marietta and Warren have always been good for each other. Fort Frye, Point Pleasant and a couple more school could make the league interesting. Start with those six and add no more than two later. Athens could be the center of this league. Only add two more that are within easy traveling.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

Great opportunity for these teams

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Sounds like the TSL will be aggressive and I would bet this league gets to 6-8 within next 4 years.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Really glad FF finally a league.

Excited to watch this league and it’s developments thru the years.

A good fit for Logan ?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”