(New) Twin State League

pioneer19
All Conference

Re: (New) Twin State League

Post by pioneer19 »

Play60Football wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:12 pm Does Morgan revisit/or look at this league now that they’re in the big school of the MVL for 2024?
They would be a good fit for sure, but I doubt Morgan would change leagues. They've been in the MVL since the beginning of time. With that said, I'm sure they would be welcomed to the TSL with open arms (at least by the Washington County schools).

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

pioneer19 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:27 pm
Play60Football wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:12 pm Does Morgan revisit/or look at this league now that they’re in the big school of the MVL for 2024?
They would be a good fit for sure, but I doubt Morgan would change leagues. They've been in the MVL since the beginning of time. With that said, I'm sure they would be welcomed to the TSL with open arms (at least by the Washington County schools).
Morgan would be a very good fit. hope they consider.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

With Morgan now being in the big school division of the MVL it would be interesting to see if they feel they can maintain competition in boys and girls sports with the likes of Sheridan, TV, JG, Philo. They were not competitive for many years in most sports and the split seemed to help them out greatly.... also with better talent of course. They might not even consider it but I heard grumblings that some MVL schools at least listened to this new league, I would believe one was Morgan, but that's pure speculation.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Has anyone heard anything about any potential additions to this league? I think the 4 in it is a good start, and it's been nice to see a fairly competitive boy's basketball league race. But would love to see at least 2 more, especially for football. Who is a realistic add?

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

boss8 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:29 pm Has anyone heard anything about any potential additions to this league? I think the 4 in it is a good start, and it's been nice to see a fairly competitive boy's basketball league race. But would love to see at least 2 more, especially for football. Who is a realistic add?
Waterford would be good pick up for all sports.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

boss8 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:29 pm Has anyone heard anything about any potential additions to this league? I think the 4 in it is a good start, and it's been nice to see a fairly competitive boy's basketball league race. But would love to see at least 2 more, especially for football. Who is a realistic add?
I haven't heard anything other than the schools are actively searching. I know I've said it before on here, but Ripley is the obvious #5 imo. Easy trip down 77 from Washington County. Would give Point another WV school and an easy trip for them. As far as I know, Ripley does not have a league. Pretty sure they left the MSAC several years ago.

#6 should have been Logan but with them going to the OCC that is not happening.

Schools like Athens, Gallia, Meigs, and Morgan would all be great fits, but all are already in well established conferences, so I doubt any are interested at this time. Same goes for PHS, South, and Williamstown. Would love to see them in but they aren't leaving their current conferences.

Curious what others think. Would love to see a couple more schools in the mix, as well.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

pioneer19 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:34 pm
I haven't heard anything other than the schools are actively searching. I know I've said it before on here, but Ripley is the obvious #5 imo. Easy trip down 77 from Washington County. Would give Point another WV school and an easy trip for them. As far as I know, Ripley does not have a league. Pretty sure they left the MSAC several years ago.

Schools like Athens, Gallia, Meigs, and Morgan would all be great fits, but all are already in well established conferences, so I doubt any are interested at this time. Same goes for PHS, South, and Williamstown. Would love to see them in but they aren't leaving their current conferences.

Curious what others think. Would love to see a couple more schools in the mix, as well.
Ripley would be an excellent fit, hadn’t thought about them. Would be similar size to most of the TSL schools, other than FF.

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

boss8 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:38 pm

Ripley would be an excellent fit, hadn’t thought about them. Would be similar size to most of the TSL schools, other than FF.
Surprised no one is mentioning Trimble. But with what we have coming up through the grades the next several years plus a few additions from the outside I doubt any of those teams will want to mess with us except maybe Fort Flye. Who can blame them.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

All school in the TSL should be able to play all major sports for boys/girls but it will come down to football.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Any chance the TSL and the Mid Ohio Valley League find mutual interest. Likely a non starter for Point, but they are on an island anyway?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
jgrlzz
Freshman Team

Post by jgrlzz »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:12 pm All school in the TSL should be able to play all major sports for boys/girls but it will come down to football.
All for are played each other twice in boys and girls basketball. looks like the same for baseball and softball.

JBsezBELIEVE
Waterboy

Post by JBsezBELIEVE »

From what I ben told I be back at the helm this year. If so I’mma push for Belpre to move to this new conference at least in football. This sorry excuse for a conference we in now be holding us down. We gotta do better an best way to do that is play better teams.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Omega wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:53 pm Any chance the TSL and the Mid Ohio Valley League find mutual interest. Likely a non starter for Point, but they are on an island anyway?
Omega, I don't think so. Warren and Marietta are too big, Point is too far, and Fort Frye is one of the reasons a lot of the MOVL teams left the PVC in the first place. Fort would be the best fit for the MOVL.

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

PHS is in the MSAC, Williamstown is in the LKC. I think the only affiliation South has is the OVAC, they are not in a true league. Maybe they would be a possibility since Warren, Marietta, and FF are also members of the OVAC

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

justpassinthru wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm

PHS is in the MSAC, Williamstown is in the LKC. I think the only affiliation South has is the OVAC, they are not in a true league. Maybe they would be a possibility since Warren, Marietta, and FF are also members of the OVAC
I agree South is certainly the most likely out of the three Wood County schools. I also thought about the WVSSAC scheduling rules for football. Pretty sure Ripley and South both have to have a certain number of AAA schools on their schedules in order to participate in the playoffs. Warren, Point Pleasant are AA. Fort Frye would be A. Marietta is probably on the fringe of AA/AAA. That could be a deterrent for those schools wanting to join the TSL. Also heard West Virginia may be going to four classes so not sure how that could change things going forward.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

pioneer19 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:38 pm

I agree South is certainly the most likely out of the three Wood County schools. I also thought about the WVSSAC scheduling rules for football. Pretty sure Ripley and South both have to have a certain number of AAA schools on their schedules in order to participate in the playoffs. Warren, Point Pleasant are AA. Fort Frye would be A. Marietta is probably on the fringe of AA/AAA. That could be a deterrent for those schools wanting to join the TSL. Also heard West Virginia may be going to four classes so not sure how that could change things going forward.
They have to schedule 6 in their class or higher. To your point, South or Ripley could potentially be forced to find all six AAA games outside of the league and that would severely limit the ability to expand the league. If they do add a 4th class, I wonder if they may reduce that requirement or alter it to be something like a minimum number in your own class or one lower.

jgrlzz
Freshman Team

Post by jgrlzz »

enigmaax wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:47 pm
pioneer19 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:38 pm

They have to schedule 6 in their class or higher. To your point, South or Ripley could potentially be forced to find all six AAA games outside of the league and that would severely limit the ability to expand the league. If they do add a 4th class, I wonder if they may reduce that requirement or alter it to be something like a minimum number in your own class or one lower.
Parkersburg South is in the Two Rivers League with John Marshall, Morgantown, University (Morgantown) and Wheeling Park. They are very competitive with all four schools.

Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

Post by Lets Go Big Moe! »

who are theteams in this league and are they looking for any games?

LET'S GO BIG MOE! #CRUSADERPRIDE!513-791-1680
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Lets Go Big Moe! wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:04 pm who are theteams in this league and are they looking for any games?
Right now, they just have four teams. Marietta, Warren, Fort Frye and Point Pleasent WV. They are looking to bring in more team. Don't know about their schedules and what games they need over the next few years.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Since Ironton no longer has a league affiliation in football this might be something for them to consider.

Return to “Football”