(New) Twin State League

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: (New) Twin State League

Post by Dundas »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:16 pm Really glad FF finally a league.

Excited to watch this league and it’s developments thru the years.

A good fit for Logan ?
This league will rival the TVC. Wouldn’t surprise me if they pull some teams away as it’s in a similar footprint to the TVC. Meigs, Athens, NY are all within reasonable distance to these schools. Also, Logan would be much better off in the TSL IMO.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Wouldn't mind seeing GA in a league like this as opposed to the OVC where it's all an hour plus for travel. At least Point Pleasant would be a close one. GA might be one of the smaller schools, but I think it would be a decent move. Certainly better than playing D-V, D-VI teams every week.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:44 pm Wouldn't mind seeing GA in a league like this as opposed to the OVC where it's all an hour plus for travel. At least Point Pleasant would be a close one. GA might be one of the smaller schools, but I think it would be a decent move. Certainly better than playing D-V, D-VI teams every week.
I’d love it.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Dundas wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:29 pm

A good fit for Logan ?
This league will rival the TVC. Wouldn’t surprise me if they pull some teams away as it’s in a similar footprint to the TVC. Meigs, Athens, NY are all within reasonable distance to these schools. Also, Logan would be much better off in the TSL IMO.

Point kinda of seems an odd ball location for the majority of the schools we are talking about here. Be a long drive thru the week for all other sports besides football. Take PP out of this league. Add Logan. And the other mentioned TVC schools. Be a heckuva league for all sports.

Again, excited to watch this league develope.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:37 pm

A good fit for Logan ?

Point kinda of seems an odd ball location for the majority of the schools we are talking about here. Be a long drive thru the week for all other sports besides football. Take PP out of this league. Add Logan. And the other mentioned TVC schools. Be a heckuva league for all sports.

True on Point. But if you add Meigs and Gallia as mentioned above, that would help fill in that area. Definitely a lot of different expansion angles for this new league.

Would Jackson be interested in this if Gallia, Athens and Logan joined?

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Doing a little adding on google. Marietta to Point is 1 hour 13 minutes same as Logan. All the schools to either point or logan is almost identical. I’d say try to get GA, RV, and maybe SG. Both of the Gallia County Schools don’t have 20+ year ties to the TVC. And Gallia academy could get out of the lawerence County league. Yes I know Marietta to Logan is all 4 lane, but is route 7 really that bad of a trip to not attempt to get those schools?

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford. You know what they say Ford stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Dundas wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:11 pm

True on Point. But if you add Meigs and Gallia as mentioned above, that would help fill in that area. Definitely a lot of different expansion angles for this new league.

I don’t foresee Jackson leavin the FAC…had a hard time finding a league to begin with. I doubt the school administrators would want to create theirselves a headache

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:23 am

Yea I get what you are saying. The TVC IMO should have absorbed the SEOAL remnants into a separate division instead of turning them away. But that’s in the past. Jackson does have history with Warren, Marietta and point though. Fort wouldn’t care to play Jackson right now either. If Logan joins the fold, I think Jackson would have an option. Jackson and the FAC have turned out to be a decent conference though.
Last edited by Dundas on Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Dundas wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:30 am
countywide35 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:23 am

I don’t foresee Jackson leavin the FAC…when looking for a league prior to the FAC. The Ironmen got ZERO support from the TVC schools to join them…and I dont blame them. Very little sustained success from TVC teams against Jackson. other then Fort Frye I don’t see any of these teams wantin to take on Jackson’s program year n year out for a league title. never say never though.

But I doubt it becomes anything more then the “What-If” game.
Yea I get what you are saying. The TVC IMO should have absorbed the SEOAL remnants into a separate division instead of turning them away. But that’s in the past. Jackson does have history with Warren, Marietta and point though. Fort wouldn’t care to play Jackson right now either. If Logan joins the fold, I think Jackson would have an option. Jackson and the FAC have turned out to be a decent conference though.

Yes I agree. You got my original reply before I edited it all off there.

This league has the potential for sure.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Don't see any value for TVC Ohio leaving for another league. Gallia Academy would fit better in TVC Ohio if they decided to go anywhere. They have many established rivalries in that league.
J

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

GRFan wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:02 pm Don't see any value for TVC Ohio leaving for another league. Gallia Academy would fit better in TVC Ohio if they decided to go anywhere. They have many established rivalries in that league.
J
Gallia would be a good fit for the TVC for sure.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Jackson is a completely different part of the state. I hardly think they're going to start playing WV Schools.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

efarns wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:04 am Jackson is a completely different part of the state. I hardly think they're going to start playing WV Schools.
I would say Jackson is fine with where they are. The TSL is probably looking for schools that are close or easy highway.
Last edited by noreply66 on Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:11 am
efarns wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:04 am Jackson is a completely different part of the state. I hardly think they're going to start playing WV Schools.
I would say Jackson is fine with where they are. The TSL is probably looking for schools they are close or easy highway.
100% agree. I'm thinking people see Marietta and Warren in The TSL and are trying to recreate The SEOAL. The TSL seems like it's going to hug The Ohio River to start.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Dundas wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:06 pm
GRFan wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:02 pm Don't see any value for TVC Ohio leaving for another league. Gallia Academy would fit better in TVC Ohio if they decided to go anywhere. They have many established rivalries in that league.
J
Gallia would be a good fit for the TVC for sure.
Problem is, some of the Ohio Division schools are afraid of them.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Gallia Academy travel times per gps

Portsmouth 1:22
South point 1:06
Coal grove 1:05
Ironton 1:02
Chesapeake :56
Rock hill :55
Fairland :45

Fort Frye 1:31
Marietta 1:23
Logan 1:17
Warren 1:14
Parkersburg 1:14
Jackson :36
PP :23

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

goUK wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:50 pm Gallia Academy travel times per gps

Nelsonville York 1:10
Athens 1:03
Vinton County :55
Alexander :54
Wellston :42
Meigs :35
River Valley :18

From a logistical standpoint, Gallia looks like they’re best fit for the TVC Ohio.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Dundas wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:16 pm

From a logistical standpoint, Gallia looks like they’re best fit for the TVC Ohio.
Yes,but hasn't Gallia been declined when they applied in the past?

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

I think they applied with Warren and Jackson. I
have no idea if they would be accepted but I would like it. I have no say or vote.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

goUK wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:46 pm
Dundas wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:16 pm

Yes,but hasn't Gallia been declined when they applied in the past?
They have not applied. The seoal applied as a block, but that was after Gallia had declared their move to the OVC. Jackson, Warren, Logan applied as a group.

Return to “Football”