(New) Twin State League

GRFan
Varsity

Re: (New) Twin State League

Post by GRFan »

Thanks Dundas. Also, thanks for travel times.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

GRFan wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:02 pm Thanks Dundas. Also, thanks for travel times.
I agree that Gallia would be a great addition to the Ohio. Also Oak Hill. With the tsl formation, I think the TVC Ohio needs to add a team or two just for protection against poaching.

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

I actually really like Gallia in the OVC. I think it is the best league for them now that the SEOAL no longer exists. In 2022 with an ever declining population, Gallia now has more in common with division 5 river schools along the tip of southeastern Ohio than they do an Athens, Logan, or Marietta. Hopefully they stay put to build on some of those old rivalries with schools like Ironton and Portsmouth while working on establishing some new ones. Fairland and Gallia are only separated by about 45 mins. That is another series that I can see developing into an intense rivalry as the years go by. Meigs and Point Pleasant should obviously be mainstays on the non-league schedule. I'd like to see Jackson back on the schedule as well, but I don't think that will be possible until Gallia does something about their athletic facilities. Athens seems like the next best option in the mean time.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Any rumors on anymore possibly joining or just that core group for the upcoming season this fall?

Go Blue
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Whs95fan wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:10 pm Any rumors on anymore possibly joining or just that core group for the upcoming season this fall?
It’s not starting until basketball this year. Marietta was unable to get Point and Fort on the schedule.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:10 pm
Whs95fan wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:10 pm Any rumors on anymore possibly joining or just that core group for the upcoming season this fall?
It’s not starting until basketball this year. Marietta was unable to get Point and Fort on the schedule.
Ah okay, didn't realize that

Go Blue
WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

Athens needs to join this league. They are way to big for the TVC. This experiment has played out. They are going to force the TVC to split up if they stay. Already ruined the seoal, may as well ruin the TVC too.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

WellstonLover wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:10 pm Athens needs to join this league. They are way to big for the TVC. This experiment has played out. They are going to force the TVC to split up if they stay. Already ruined the seoal, may as well ruin the TVC too.

Travel time to Zanesville, Portsmouth and Ironton was just too far on school night for all sports in the SEOAL.
When the SEOAL wanted to expand it should have just added Chillicothe to go with Athens, Gallipolis, Jackson, Logan, Marietta, Warren and Logan. Seven league games and three others. Marietta to Chillicothe probably would have been the longest. Going through Athens would have put this near two hours. The best thing for me with the ten teams was the league track meet. The first few years it had a lot of talent.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

It’ll be a great league for all teams involved. Fort Frye getting into a league and Point Pleasant getting into a league as well. They haven’t been in one for about a decade. It’ll be interesting to see how this league works out.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Look for Cambridge to be interested

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Last I heard, Cambridge is happy in the Buckeye 8.

carnholio
Waterboy

Post by carnholio »

Cambridge to Point Pleasant when Cambridge is playing the Belmont County teams in the Buckeye 8? Highly unlikely?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

teach1coach2 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:30 pm Last I heard, Cambridge is happy in the Buckeye 8.

Heard the exact opposite from a reliable source. They never wanted to go to Buckeye 8 joined bc they felt they had no other option.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Does anyone know how many schools are directly from the reginal Cambridge area?

carnholio
Waterboy

Post by carnholio »

Adjoining Cambridge City Schools:

Meadowbrook
John Glenn
Buckeye Trail
Newcomerstown
Ridgewood
Indian Valley

https://education.ohio.gov/getattachmen ... ct-Map.pdf

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:39 pm Does anyone know how many schools are directly from the reginal Cambridge area?
I don't really understand your question. Schools that are a short trip from Cambridge?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

teach1coach2 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:41 pm
noreply66 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:39 pm Does anyone know how many schools are directly from the reginal Cambridge area?
I don't really understand your question. Schools that are a short trip from Cambridge?
I was thinking years ago Cambridge was a very large city and a much larger school. I was wondering if they were broke down like Portsmouth or Chillicothe.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:54 pm
teach1coach2 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:41 pm
I was thinking years ago Cambridge was a very large city and a much larger school. I was wondering if they were broke down like Portsmouth or Chillicothe.
Cambridge population might of been 15,000 back in the 50's but the numbers have been hovering around 10 or 11 thousand for 30 years. They are like the rest of SE Ohio. Stagnant economy and families with school age kids moving elsewhere for jobs. Cambridge was in the large class AA ranks 50-60 years ago and played a relative big time school schedule. Of course so did Ironton, Marietta, and Portsmouth, and Zanesville.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

Does Morgan revisit/or look at this league now that they’re in the big school of the MVL for 2024?

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Nope.

They will likely be back in the small school division by the end of the decade. No offense to the TSL, but you don't leave a stable league for one that is less stable.

Return to “Football”