2022 SOC1 & SOC2 Predictions

RelaxGoat

Re: 2022 SOC1 & SOC2 Predictions

Post by RelaxGoat »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:04 pm
RelaxGoat wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:52 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:31 pm Go look at football programs (and schools) in the exact same boat as ND, compare where ND is to them. A good place to start would be WV.

There’s your answer.
It would fine if the team lost,
Sweet. We’ll come back to this quote when they lose in regional semifinals.
That is not a quote. You altered that to fit your needs. That camp is already imploding. Chaos once again at practice. I have only said ND has no discipline or good role models. I hope they do win, but it isn’t likely. Those coaches are always fighting with someone.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:31 pm Go look at football programs (and schools) in the exact same boat as ND, compare where ND is to them. A good place to start would be WV.

There’s your answer.
That is not a quote. You altered that to fit your needs. That camp is already imploding. Chaos once again at practice. I have only said ND has no discipline or good role models. I hope they do win, but it isn’t likely. Those coaches are always fighting with someone.
greygoose wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:36 pm [quote=RelaxGoat post_id=2005900 time=<a href="tel:1659293563">1659293563</a> user_id=17310]
[quote=formerfcfan post_id=2005898 time=<a href="tel:1659292280">1659292280</a> user_id=132]
Go look at football programs (and schools) in the exact same boat as ND, compare where ND is to them. A good place to start would be WV.

There’s your answer.
It would fine if the team lost, and it had good role models coaching.
[/quote]

Ok so with this statement it's 100% about the coaches character and not about wins and losses like you were portraying. Basically with this statement we know exactly what the overall problem is and it's not wins or losses. You're good with losing record as long as the coaches are good role models and that's an entirely different subject than what you were basing your original argument on. That's a school board issue
[/quote]

If you misunderstood what I was saying, I will say it once again.
ND lacks discipline and good role models which will make it difficult to win games. The talent, numbers, and schedule are not an excuse if ND does not win SOC 1 this year. Chaos in that camp already.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

RelaxGoat wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:15 pm

That is not a quote. You altered that to fit your needs.
It was an independent clause that was quoted. It fits and is a simple statement.

Want your statements to be taken with context? Write better sentences.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:33 pm
RelaxGoat wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:15 pm

That is not a quote. You altered that to fit your needs.
It was an independent clause that was quoted. It fits and is a simple statement.

Want your statements to be taken with context? Write better sentences.
How about you have some character and not alter peoples sentences.

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

RelaxGoat... after viewing your post it has come to my attention that you have something personal with ND. Why not be an adult and come forward with your name and quit hiding behind a screen. What do you expect ND to do with low numbers almost year in and year out? ND can not line up and run a traditional offense. Their lineman would be RBs at most schools, the offense they run is perfect for their size. They can't line up in an I nor could they run the spread. What other coach would you prefer ND to have? Coach Ashley is very loyal to the Titans, what other coach would put up with bad numbers year in and year out? You need a reality check and be an ADULT. This is why people get out of coaching because of people like YOU. I've always said it, if parents have a complaint then take it up with the school board and quit running your mouth on here. If the school board finds no issues then they obviously are ok the results they are getting and face consequences of their decision.

A far as SOC I predictions... Until the Titans get more physical, they will struggle to beat teams like NW and SV. Getting stronger doesn't mean your going to be physical. Kids have to have it in them. Ever heard they saying " Looks like Tarzan, Plays like Jane?

If the Titans can remain healthy, everyone buys in, and are physical then I can see them winning the SOC I. Having all skilled players back and losing just a few players, the Titans on paper are my #1 team in the SOC 1.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

It’s as if people come up with stupid bull— to be upset about! On the internet, no less!!

AIM
Waterboy

Post by AIM »

So the excuse of ND not being able to win an SOC title since 2000 continues! Lack of numbers!! So sick and tired of this excuse for 22years. Come on. Numbers were the same in the 80's when they were dominant year in and year out, but then that is when there was real coaching with qualified coaches that didn't blame the kids. No one has to scout ND if they ever played them before cause they run the same offense for nearly 25years. Why is it when the team loses its because of lack of physicality of the players or lack of numbers but when they win it is because of the coaches. Good coaches push their players to play beyond their abilities. Over the years ND has seen loaded teams of talent, and they still haven't put anything together. They play antiquated, out dated football and continue to run off qualified coaches and strength trainers in place of another dad or good ole boy that they are not threatened by. Bob Ashley is no saint for staying loyal to ND, he is at ND for one reason only, no one else would hire him!!!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I’d love to hear what program these fools think ND is capable of mirroring, that they don’t already.

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

AIM wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:40 pm So the excuse of ND not being able to win an SOC title since 2000 continues! Lack of numbers!! So sick and tired of this excuse for 22years. Come on. Numbers were the same in the 80's when they were dominant year in and year out, but then that is when there was real coaching with qualified coaches that didn't blame the kids. No one has to scout ND if they ever played them before cause they run the same offense for nearly 25years. Why is it when the team loses its because of lack of physicality of the players or lack of numbers but when they win it is because of the coaches. Good coaches push their players to play beyond their abilities. Over the years ND has seen loaded teams of talent, and they still haven't put anything together. They play antiquated, out dated football and continue to run off qualified coaches and strength trainers in place of another dad or good ole boy that they are not threatened by. Bob Ashley is no saint for staying loyal to ND, he is at ND for one reason only, no one else would hire him!!!
AIM why don't you apply for the job and have relaxgoat as your assistant. Possibly the same person. You are to big of a coward to take your complaint to the board and just want to run your mouth on here. You do realize that when a senior gets hurts or junior get hurts, they are replaced by freshman who have no business playing varsity football. That's what happens with low numbers. You can't compare the teams in the 80's to teams now. The enrollment at ND was a lot bigger, Open enrollment wasn't a thing. What would you change, if you were running the show?

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:49 pm I’d love to hear what program these fools think ND is capable of mirroring, that they don’t already.
I agree with you completely!

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Anyone have info on scrimmages for the SOC 2 schools?
Times and opponents

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

West plays in the Grid Iron Classic this Saturday at Vinton County.

Other teams there will be VC, Chillicothe, and Columbus South

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Valley @ Zane Trace Aug 5th unsure of the time

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

SPelf wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:24 pm Anyone have 1st or 2nd hand info on Green? I'd imagine the new field would help bring some kids out to play. Wondering what their numbers are
The team pic that was posted to Twitter had 30 kids in uniform.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

sportsfan2244 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:42 am RelaxGoat... after viewing your post it has come to my attention that you have something personal with ND. Why not be an adult and come forward with your name and quit hiding behind a screen. What do you expect ND to do with low numbers almost year in and year out? ND can not line up and run a traditional offense. Their lineman would be RBs at most schools, the offense they run is perfect for their size. They can't line up in an I nor could they run the spread. What other coach would you prefer ND to have? Coach Ashley is very loyal to the Titans, what other coach would put up with bad numbers year in and year out? You need a reality check and be an ADULT. This is why people get out of coaching because of people like YOU. I've always said it, if parents have a complaint then take it up with the school board and quit running your mouth on here. If the school board finds no issues then they obviously are ok the results they are getting and face consequences of their decision.

A far as SOC I predictions... Until the Titans get more physical, they will struggle to beat teams like NW and SV. Getting stronger doesn't mean your going to be physical. Kids have to have it in them. Ever heard they saying " Looks like Tarzan, Plays like Jane?

If the Titans can remain healthy, everyone buys in, and are physical then I can see them winning the SOC I. Having all skilled players back and losing just a few players, the Titans on paper are my #1 team in the SOC 1.
I am not a parent. Let’s establish that from the start. Ashley has. Tried to leave. Nobody wants him. He is paid well at ND. ND could but will not thrive from having a younger coach at half the cost. That will not happen because Ashley plays those kids who’s parents have connections or money. The Titans lose because of the you (players) are the problem for losses. We (Coaches) are responsible for the wins. No team concept. Just loyalty to a select few. They will continue to lose because the coaching staff’s goals are not to build a program, but only to please a select few.
Open your eyes to the truth.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

sportsfan2244 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:30 pm
AIM wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:40 pm So the excuse of ND not being able to win an SOC title since 2000 continues! Lack of numbers!! So sick and tired of this excuse for 22years. Come on. Numbers were the same in the 80's when they were dominant year in and year out, but then that is when there was real coaching with qualified coaches that didn't blame the kids. No one has to scout ND if they ever played them before cause they run the same offense for nearly 25years. Why is it when the team loses its because of lack of physicality of the players or lack of numbers but when they win it is because of the coaches. Good coaches push their players to play beyond their abilities. Over the years ND has seen loaded teams of talent, and they still haven't put anything together. They play antiquated, out dated football and continue to run off qualified coaches and strength trainers in place of another dad or good ole boy that they are not threatened by. Bob Ashley is no saint for staying loyal to ND, he is at ND for one reason only, no one else would hire him!!!
AIM why don't you apply for the job and have relaxgoat as your assistant. Possibly the same person. You are to big of a coward to take your complaint to the board and just want to run your mouth on here. You do realize that when a senior gets hurts or junior get hurts, they are replaced by freshman who have no business playing varsity football. That's what happens with low numbers. You can't compare the teams in the 80's to teams now. The enrollment at ND was a lot bigger, Open enrollment wasn't a thing. What would you change, if you were running the show?
This is so true!! Year in and year out it’s always “they don’t have the numbers”. Well, the last few years they have. “They made the playoffs last year”. They played 3 somewhat decent teams and lost to all 3. In the playoffs to a team with a losing record. They hit the mail on the head with the coaching issue. You don’t have to prepare, but the biggest issue is the nepotism within the program. The best player on the team will only touch the ball maybe 5 times a game. You know who he is. Unless it’s a hard hitting team, then he will get the ball until the other team puts in the second team. Head coach has a nephew…feature back, other coach has a grandson…second in carries, other coach son is QB, with another better player behind him. Then there’s another rotation a fathers and sons. “Bring your kid here, you can be a coach”. Tell me it doesn’t happen!!! Original question. Who wins the SOC…NW (even with their carousel of ever changing coaches) SV then ND…maybe Green.

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

SOC 2….Should just straight up pick Burg…BUT West is looking strong. Outstanding RB and a hard hitting D. If they can control O and D line (which should win with any team) they will compete. If I have to pick…I say Burg.

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:28 pm
sportsfan2244 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:30 pm
This is so true!! Year in and year out it’s always “they don’t have the numbers”. Well, the last few years they have. “They made the playoffs last year”. They played 3 somewhat decent teams and lost to all 3. In the playoffs to a team with a losing record. They hit the mail on the head with the coaching issue. You don’t have to prepare, but the biggest issue is the nepotism within the program. The best player on the team will only touch the ball maybe 5 times a game. You know who he is. Unless it’s a hard hitting team, then he will get the ball until the other team puts in the second team. Head coach has a nephew…feature back, other coach has a grandson…second in carries, other coach son is QB, with another better player behind him. Then there’s another rotation a fathers and sons. “Bring your kid here, you can be a coach”. Tell me it doesn’t happen!!! Original question. Who wins the SOC…NW (even with their carousel of ever changing coaches) SV then ND…maybe Green.
Sportsfan2244, it sounds like you are one of the people benefiting from the current situation there. Chronic name callers have no points to stand on. Hey, those players propped up will do nothing beyond ND. Any coach with desire to do thing right could top Ashley’s losing record.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:23 am It’s as if people come up with stupid bull— to be upset about! On the internet, no less!!
Are you talking to yourself again?

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:49 pm I’d love to hear what program these fools think ND is capable of mirroring, that they don’t already.
A program capable of winning the SOC 1 year in and year out. Fools call people fools.

Return to “Football”