2022 SOC1 & SOC2 Predictions

junedawg14
Riding the Bench

Re: 2022 SOC1 & SOC2 Predictions

Post by junedawg14 »

I'm surprised Valley is not getting any better predictions. I'm not sure what they will have in the trenches, but this is a very athletic, experienced, and senior heavy team.

We Need More Cowbell!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

junedawg14 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:38 am I'm surprised Valley is not getting any better predictions. I'm not sure what they will have in the trenches, but this is a very athletic, experienced, and senior heavy team.
Possibly but Burg and West are the top 2 teams this upcoming season by a wide margin. Valley has some players coming up and could make some noise in 2-3 years but I just don’t think they’ve got the depth given what the top 2 have returning. Think you’ll see Waverly, Valley and Minford in the middle with Oak Hill at the bottom.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:51 pm
RollCoal wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:22 pm In SOC 2, I say it’s Burgs to lose. Second I think is a toss up between West and Waverly. In SOC 1, I think SV is still a favorite despite having a new coach. I could be wrong though. The SOC is a good , competitive conference top to bottom.
Ya, I’d say you are about right. Most people are discounting Waverly but they will be pretty good. Yes, they lost a lot to graduation and Robertson to PV but return the entire offensive line, some great running backs and a couple real nice receivers. The QB spot will be a big question mark but there’s no doubt Waverly will have to be able to run the ball and should be able to run the ball.
Yeah it’s going to be very interesting to see if Waverly changes the philosophy and is run heavy this year. If they do that they should be on every game as they return everyone in the trenches and the front 6-7 on defense will be tough.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

junedawg14 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:38 am I'm surprised Valley is not getting any better predictions. I'm not sure what they will have in the trenches, but this is a very athletic, experienced, and senior heavy team.
Yeah me too valley returns probably the most experience most of the seniors have started since their freshman years and have deep runs in basketball and baseball their only concern is depth

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

AIM wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:35 pm Don't see ND at the top once again. Lost a key player to transfer and ND staff continues to turn away quality training and coaching for the good ole boy club that interferes with the old school, outdated crap that has caused the program to go down hill for over 20 years. Kids have to go outside and pay for their own training if they want to see any personal success!! SAD!!

AIM... what is your issue with the ND staff? Going back and looking at some of your post, your always dogging the football staff and basketball staff. Are you a disgruntled parent?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley will have new energy and has a great staff in place, along with that new facility all of the pieces are starting to fall in place for the Indians. I think you’ll start seeing numbers increase as well.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Waverly will struggle after graduating last years class. It will be much more difficult to run the ball with the losses in the skilled positions.

It’s very difficult to play three sports at a high level in today’s times with all the offseason work and weights. That is the issue with Valley. They have athletes but lack the physicality to play with the better teams in the SOCII.

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

I think Northwest Will win the SOC 1 and Wheelersburg or West Win the SOC 2

Go Ironton Fighting Tigers, GoTexas Longhorns
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:26 pm Waverly will struggle after graduating last years class. It will be much more difficult to run the ball with the losses in the skilled positions.

It’s very difficult to play three sports at a high level in today’s times with all the offseason work and weights. That is the issue with Valley. They have athletes but lack the physicality to play with the better teams in the SOCII.
Waverly returns the O-line and all the RBs, to say they’ll find it much more difficult to run is a bit of a stretch. Will they miss the big WRs absolutely but with what they have out there teams aren’t going to be able to stack the box if that’s your thought process behind it. Biggest question mark for them is going to be the QB position and how quickly the sophomore will progress.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:26 pm Waverly will struggle after graduating last years class. It will be much more difficult to run the ball with the losses in the skilled positions.

And I think you’ll see that start to change with this year round indoor facility.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:49 pm

Waverly returns the O-line and all the RBs, to say they’ll find it much more difficult to run is a bit of a stretch. Will they miss the big WRs absolutely but with what they have out there teams aren’t going to be able to stack the box if that’s your thought process behind it. Biggest question mark for them is going to be the QB position and how quickly the sophomore will progress.
Yes that’s what I mean. Last couple years teams defended Waverly with a 6 and sometimes 5 man box to try and cover those receivers on the outside.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

coop wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:18 am

And I think you’ll see that start to change with this year round indoor facility.
Maybe. But if you play football, then basketball, then baseball, then legion ball/summer basketball; it’s really difficult to gain weight and get ready for the season.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

sportsfan2244 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:39 am
AIM wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:35 pm Don't see ND at the top once again. Lost a key player to transfer and ND staff continues to turn away quality training and coaching for the good ole boy club that interferes with the old school, outdated crap that has caused the program to go down hill for over 20 years. Kids have to go outside and pay for their own training if they want to see any personal success!! SAD!!

AIM... what is your issue with the ND staff? Going back and looking at some of your post, your always dogging the football staff and basketball staff. Are you a disgruntled parent?
Don’t think he is a disgruntled parent but maybe a disgruntled coach that’s no longer there..
The work outs have been outstanding this year in the off-season with every kid participating. New strength and conditioning coach. Only lost 3 kids from last year! These kids are ready to get the season started. ND vs Northwest will what it will come down to this year! I will give the edge to ND!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

BillyBob21 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:51 pm

Don’t think he is a disgruntled parent but maybe a disgruntled coach that’s no longer there..
The work outs have been outstanding this year in the off-season with every kid participating. New strength and conditioning coach. Only lost 3 kids from last year! These kids are ready to get the season started. ND vs Northwest will what it will come down to this year! I will give the edge to ND!
I would give the edge to ND also. Northwest has some new coaches new offense and I think defense. I don't think they'll have the numbers they had the last few years.

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

I think NW will come out on top. Wayyy to physical for the Titans last year and I think it will be the same. When NW decided to go right at ND, they struggled to get stops.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I believe what we saw the Burg do last season will continue into this year. They got better as the year went along. Their mentality was no matter who the opponent was lined up across from them, the Burg was gonna win the game. Someone mentioned earlier about a mental block occurs when you play a certain opponent. I believe that can occur. I'm looking forward to another great year of Southern Ohio football. Hopefully everyone's schedule gets them ready for playoff time an the SOC is well represented.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

sportsfan2244 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:36 pm I think NW will come out on top. Wayyy to physical for the Titans last year and I think it will be the same. When NW decided to go right at ND, they struggled to get stops.
26-20 was the final… Titans played physical with them all game. Two of Northwest’s scores was off ND turnovers inside their own 25 yard line. So don’t think ND struggled to get stops they struggled to hold on to the ball. Lost 3 seniors from last year and experience this year to fill their spots. Look for a confident better and more physical Titans team this year. But I do think the SOC 1 will be decided in week 6 on 9/23 this year. Will be a good one to watch

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

ND only has three plays. NW will win it. Ashley’s offense is as old as the hills. No discipline in that camp.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:10 pm

I would give the edge to ND also. Northwest has some new coaches new offense and I think defense. I don't think they'll have the numbers they had the last few years.
ND has no discipline in that program. Weak schedule will keep them looking good. No championship for that program or coaching staff ever.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

RelaxGoat wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:23 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:10 pm

ND has no discipline in that program. Weak schedule will keep them looking good. No championship for that program or coaching staff ever.
Time to grow up man, all of your post are pointless and just petty. ND will compete and win titles in SOC1 and that's the ultimate goal for a school of that size.

Return to “Football”