Best All-Around Athlete (Post - 2000)

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Re: Best All-Around Athlete (Post - 2000)

Post by Picket Fence »

I would have to agree with all of those athletes, but I don’t know much about Chadwell and Dixon; however, I played in the TVC alumni tourney against him about 10 years ago and he was a good shooter and decently quick.

In my opinion, Jed Stephen was probably the best mentioned (other than Burrow) on your list. He was Div 3&5 state POY in THREE sports lol. He was my age, but I never played against him….he wasn’t an AAU guy because he was a true baseball guy. MLB 8th round draft pick, topping out in AA. Not many athletes like him in a sparsely populated region like southern/eastern Ohio .….Burrow comes to mind as the clear winner though lol.

Jared Humphrey was a tremendous athlete and a top notch competitor. He was impressive….I would drive a couple hours to watch him play football.

Tyler Engle had an innate knack for competition and was a blast to watch on the basketball court. If he would have fell in love with the weight room, I believe he would have been playing some form of professional baseball. Natural athlete.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Kicker. wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:45 pm Romanello was very good at Valley, I know he lead both D III in goals during soccer season while also leading D VI in touchdowns during both seasons. Was an athlete at basketball as well
Did he go on to play soccer in college?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Yes. Had a very solid career at Shawnee state.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Best all around athlete ever around here? Don Gullett.Pitched for the Reds at 19.Mid 90’s fastball.Averaged 25 a game in basketball and once scored 72 pts.in one football game in high school.Also sub 10 in the 100 yard dash.Just wanted to let you know who the best all around athlete ever from this area hands down.Graduated late 60’s. :)

BeatOfTheSEOhio
Waterboy

Post by BeatOfTheSEOhio »

Dante Jackson (McClain Class of '07)
Basketball:
2,423 points
1,014 rebounds
502 assists
312 steals
All school records once he left Highland County.
Tigers were 85-12 during his 4-year varsity career.
3-time Division II First Team All-Ohioan, also made Special Mention as a frosh.

Track & Field
Won the 2006 and 2007 state Division II title in the 110 hurdles and finished second in the 300 hurdles during the same two meets. Overall he was on the podium all four years in the 110 hurdles and three times in the 300 hurdles.

Not A Homer
Riding the Bench

Post by Not A Homer »

who mentioned Bryce Romanello but not Tanner Holden? laugh. out. loud.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Zane Trace since 2000:

1. Pierce Mowery
2. Andrew Davis
3. Zach Roll
4. Cody Lawhorn

All were three sport athletes. Mowery more than that. Davis started four years in baseball at Kent State and was drafted in the 12th round. Roll and Lawhorn both played four years of college baseball. Mowery could have been drafted in baseball if he would have played all the way through high school and those summers. Only played his senior year because of AAU Basketball. He lasted one semester at Concord playing Basketball.

Return to “Football”