Why won't the TVC Ohio let us in?

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Why won't the TVC Ohio let us in?

Post by Tomcat Queen »

I think the thinking is obvious but I am willing to participate in legitimate conversation.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Re: Why won't the TVC Ohio let us in?

Post by The County Resident »

What’s Trimble school size compared to the schools in the TVC Ohio? I know Athens and VC are bigger, but what about the rest?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

The TVC Ohio would welcome Trimble with open arms. Their enrollment is about 50-75 less than the majority of the Ohio. About 100 less than VC and 150 less than Athens. I’d have to look up the numbers to get the exact count, but that’s a general idea.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Trimble would be competitive in the Ohio in most sports.

If you look at enrollment numbers, the elementary classes at Trimble are much smaller than the current high school classes. The million dollar question…. Will Trimble still perform at a high level in most sports ten years from now when enrollment numbers continue to shrink? It hasn’t hurt them so far, but at some point, you would think it would as you run low on numbers once you are so small. At least to the point of being competitive with larger schools.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Tomcat Queen wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:13 am I think the thinking is obvious but I am willing to participate in legitimate conversation.
All you have to do is ask at a TVC meeting. It would take longer to do a roll call than it would for them to be voted in. Question is, do you have the nads to ask? Highly doubtful. The football coach likes getting all those easy Hocking wins. :o

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

For the past several years we would have beaten the brakes off of every TVC Ohio team in football. That's why they don't want us. :shock:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Gray Cat wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:10 pm For the past several years we would have beaten the brakes off of every TVC Ohio team in football. That's why they don't want us. :shock:
I’m not sure you are reading the majority of the comments. The Ohio would LOVE to have Trimble now that they have upgraded their facilities! Trimble has played Meigs and Alex in the past. Currently play VC and NY as well as Athens in the jamboree game. The Ohio needs an even number of teams. I personally would like oak hill or Gallia for the Ohio but if not, let’s go Tomcats!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Gray Cat wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:10 pm For the past several years we would have beaten the brakes off of every TVC Ohio team in football. That's why they don't want us. :shock:
Trimble has been asked on more than one occasion to move up.
All they have to do is say they want to.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Let them in and come play with the big boys!!!!! hahaa-- I would like to see the Ohio side add a Gallipolis or Logan or Warren>>>>>>

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Nut up and move up. :shock:

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

The TVC Ohio isn't keeping Trimble out. They just chose different teams for their conference.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:40 am Let them in and come play with the big boys!!!!! hahaa-- I would like to see the Ohio side add a Gallipolis or Logan or Warren>>>>>>
Warren would be awesome, I think they would win it a lot

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:16 pm Trimble has been asked on more than one occasion to move up.
All they have to do is say they want to.
Kind of the perfect situation since Trimble and NY usually win their league and already play week 1

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

Belpre and Trimble, both bigger than N. Y, on the new count. Belpre 122, Trimble 118, N. Y. 117

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

coachK wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:37 pm Belpre and Trimble, both bigger than N. Y, on the new count. Belpre 122, Trimble 118, N. Y. 117
Trimble and NY should play an Ohio schedule for football and hocking for everything else.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Don't the Buckeyes have a strong wrestling and track program

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

GRFan wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:01 pm Don't the Buckeyes have a strong wrestling and track program
Track program is strong. Since 2014 (that’s as far as I cared to keep checking) NY has finished 1st or 2nd in the Ohio every year except in 2015 where they finished 3rd out of the 7 schools. So basically, if not for Athens they’d win it every year.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

GRFan wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:01 pm Don't the Buckeyes have a strong wrestling and track program
I may be wrong on this but I think the TVC still competes for track and wrestling as one conference. Not divisional based. I could be wrong though. The only thing keeping NY in the Ohio is their football tradition. Belpre lost a ton of enrollment from the 90s to when they moved to the Hocking but I guarantee you that if Belpre had the football program NY does, we would still be traveling out 32 to Washington county for conference games.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

I think you're right Dundas. I forgot about that. Good catch

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dundas wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:22 pm
I may be wrong on this but I think the TVC still competes for track and wrestling as one conference. Not divisional based. I could be wrong though. The only thing keeping NY in the Ohio is their football tradition. Belpre lost a ton of enrollment from the 90s to when they moved to the Hocking but I guarantee you that if Belpre had the football program NY does, we would still be traveling out 32 to Washington county for conference games.
Track is separate and has been since at least 2015

Return to “Football”