Why won't the TVC Ohio let us in?

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Why won't the TVC Ohio let us in?

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:47 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:22 pm
GRFan wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:01 pm Don't the Buckeyes have a strong wrestling and track program
I may be wrong on this but I think the TVC still competes for track and wrestling as one conference. Not divisional based. I could be wrong though. The only thing keeping NY in the Ohio is their football tradition. Belpre lost a ton of enrollment from the 90s to when they moved to the Hocking but I guarantee you that if Belpre had the football program NY does, we would still be traveling out 32 to Washington county for conference games.
Track is separate and has been since at least 2015
I see. I’d imagine not all Hocking schools have the numbers for a full track program. So that would make sense.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

GRFan wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:46 pm I think you're right Dundas. I forgot about that. Good catch
Half right I guess. Lol

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:58 pm
GRFan wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:01 pm Don't the Buckeyes have a strong wrestling and track program
Track program is strong. Since 2014 (that’s as far as I cared to keep checking) NY has finished 1st or 2nd in the Ohio every year except in 2015 where they finished 3rd out of the 7 schools. So basically, if not for Athens they’d win it every year.
NY won the TVC in 18 (That was a very talented senior class) been a little down overall for a couple years but should be very good the next 3 or 4 years.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dundas wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:13 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:47 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:22 pm

I may be wrong on this but I think the TVC still competes for track and wrestling as one conference. Not divisional based. I could be wrong though. The only thing keeping NY in the Ohio is their football tradition. Belpre lost a ton of enrollment from the 90s to when they moved to the Hocking but I guarantee you that if Belpre had the football program NY does, we would still be traveling out 32 to Washington county for conference games.
Track is separate and has been since at least 2015
I see. I’d imagine not all Hocking schools have the numbers for a full track program. So that would make sense.
Well….1 athlete could score 40 points and probably a mid pack finish haha

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

Come on in cats. Would love to start that rivalry back up.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Add Warren and Gallipolis to the Ohio???????

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:35 am Add Warren and Gallipolis to the Ohio???????
And Jackson

JoeyB10
Waterboy

Post by JoeyB10 »

Gallia, Jackson and Warren all have 200+ boys....Might as well take Athens, and call ole friends Marietta and Logan and restart the Seoal. Throw Vinton in there too since they are over 200 also. Take Alex, Meigs, Wellston and NY and toss in Trimble, Belpre and the hockers.(but dont let the prancers play football)
Let Easternm, Southern, RV and waterford figure out their own deal.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

JoeyB10 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:08 pm Gallia, Jackson and Warren all have 200+ boys....Might as well take Athens, and call ole friends Marietta and Logan and restart the Seoal. Throw Vinton in there too since they are over 200 also. Take Alex, Meigs, Wellston and NY and toss in Trimble, Belpre and the hockers.(but dont let the prancers play football)
VC wants no part of being in a league like that. They are one reason we can't get any of those teams in the TVC. Scared. I like your idea though. Get those bottom feeders out of the league. Make the TVC Great Again! :mrgreen:

Justy
Riding the Bench

Post by Justy »

Gray Cat wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:15 pm
JoeyB10 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:08 pm Gallia, Jackson and Warren all have 200+ boys....Might as well take Athens, and call ole friends Marietta and Logan and restart the Seoal. Throw Vinton in there too since they are over 200 also. Take Alex, Meigs, Wellston and NY and toss in Trimble, Belpre and the hockers.(but dont let the prancers play football)
VC wants no part of being in a league like that. They are one reason we can't get any of those teams in the TVC. Scared. I like your idea though. Get those bottom feeders out of the league. Make the TVC Great Again! :mrgreen:
That's funny coming from a guy who's team dodged VC last year. Hopefully you won't dodge them this coming season and you'll get to see how "scared" they are. Thanks for the bulletin board material though.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Not tru. Them viking boys is tough an drough. Ole Hawkeye and Dundas think they know everything but I see them boys practicing in pads regularly out Zaleski State Park. They h it for a while and then drink a few beers and then hit some more.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Kenny Bixx wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:43 pm
Not tru. Them viking boys is tough an drough. Ole Hawkeye and Dundas think they know everything but I see them boys practicing in pads regularly out Zaleski State Park. They h it for a while and then drink a few beers and then hit some more.
I can't wait until the Cats get a shot at VC next year. I predict all this mouth running will stop when they see what happens.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Kenny Bixx wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:43 pm
Kenny, this made me actually laugh out loud. 😂😂

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Jackson's Superintendent burned the bridge yrs ago- when the TVC asked Jackson to Join-- He said there would be no way they would join a league like the TVC-- that they were better than that.. So as long as a lot of those same coaches and AD's are still there ===they will never vote for Jackson!!!!!!

Sensible Steve
Waterboy

Post by Sensible Steve »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:43 pm Jackson's Superintendent burned the bridge yrs ago- when the TVC asked Jackson to Join-- He said there would be no way they would join a league like the TVC-- that they were better than that.. So as long as a lot of those same coaches and AD's are still there ===they will never vote for Jackson!!!!!!
VC got a question, What year did the TVC send an invite to Jackson to join the TVC ?, and who was the Superintendent who said Jackson was better than that? Thanks

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:43 pm Jackson's Superintendent burned the bridge yrs ago- when the TVC asked Jackson to Join-- He said there would be no way they would join a league like the TVC-- that they were better than that.. So as long as a lot of those same coaches and AD's are still there ===they will never vote for Jackson!!!!!!
Interesting. When did this happen? I know this was warrens excuse to exit back in the kid 80’s but I have never heard about the TVC pursuing Jackson.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I don't remember the TVC pursing Jackson. I researched NY football history in the microfilm collection of the Athens Messenger at Alden Library years ago and came across a lot of TVC articles. None ever mentioned the TVC pursing Jackson. I think Jackson only applied back when the SEOAL was falling apart and the remaining SEOAL schools approached the TVC as a group regarding membership.

Are you thinking of Oak Hill? Oak Hill showed interest in the TVC back when the SVAC was on its last legs in the early 1990's.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Like to hear more about this bold claim.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I don't believe this at all.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

It was when the SEOL was disbanding ( I believe early 2000's or late 2000's) TVC was considering bring in Jackson and Warren-- And the superintendent made that statement to the TVC-- and he is still there today. Then a few years later (when Jackson was having trouble with finding a league) Logan and Jackson asked to be considered--- the answer was NO-- because there are still people that remembered what he had said about the TVC. Thats why I dont believe Jackson wont be added anytime soon.--- Love to have them in the TVC--- but sometimes people remember when you think you are "better" than them.

Return to “Football”