Warren head football job

beg003
All Conference

Re: Warren head football job

Post by beg003 »

redblue85 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:48 am
beg003 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:41 pm
TOESTUBBER01 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:49 pm

Does anyone know who James Peyton is or what his background is? I haven't really found anything on him. Not that that's a bad thing - just curious of his background.
The Ironton guys on here might know him as Jimmy Peyton. Played for Lutz in the late 90s I believe and has been coaching in college and high school his entire career. He was the OC at Ashland last year. Personally, I think it’s a great hire.
So if he is offensive coach, what does that mean for Shawn Taylor? He has been the off coordinater for last several years I believe
If he’s the head coach and wants to call plays, then he has more than enough authority to do so. Our offense wasn’t exactly a juggernaut last year, so some change would probably be a good thing. We have to be more efficient.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

There will be a meet and greet with our new football and girls basketball coaches tomorrow (Tuesday, April 19) at 2:45 p.m. in the Commons at Warren High School. The event is open to the public.

Go Blue
rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

You can look up the new coach on linkedin. Tells alot of his story. Put in Coach Jimmy Peyton. I found the info interesting.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

beg003 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:56 am
beg003 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:41 pm
The Ironton guys on here might know him as Jimmy Peyton. Played for Lutz in the late 90s I believe and has been coaching in college and high school his entire career. He was the OC at Ashland last year. Personally, I think it’s a great hire.
So if he is offensive coach, what does that mean for Shawn Taylor? He has been the off coordinater for last several years I believe
If he’s the head coach and wants to call plays, then he has more than enough authority to do so. Our offense wasn’t exactly a juggernaut last year, so some change would probably be a good thing. We have to be more efficient.
I would say that had more to do with the lack of talent outside of the halfback and a inexperienced qb than the playcalling

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

redblue85 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:58 pm
beg003 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:56 am

I would say that had more to do with the lack of talent outside of the halfback and a inexperienced qb than the playcalling
To a certain extent, yes. At times, though, we threw the ball like we still had Evan Gandee at receiver when we didn’t have anything close. We could have played to our personnel better at times. The days of slinging it around the yard are over as long as Williams is there.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

And to be clear, Taylor had to work around Williams being hurt in several games. He did the best with what he could, so credit is given where it is due. My only point is that our best offensive players are running backs, so it would make sense to adjust our philosophy accordingly.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

Just glad to see Mr. Peyton on campus and I gotta say it was even better to see him in that Warrior Blue. Hopefully we can keep him around a while and win some football games in the process. It is definitely a great day to be a Warrior and I cannot wait for the fall! LETS GO BLUE!!

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

Tell that new coach if he wants to win he needs a copy of my grandpappys playbook bout the Wing T. H einvented that offense ye know.

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!

Return to “Football”