Warren head football job

redblue85
Freshman Team

Re: Warren head football job

Post by redblue85 »

bigblue52 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:21 am
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:58 am Fort Frye would be in TVC if it wasn’t for Wellston.
The TVC doesn't want the competition Fort Frye and Warren would bring to their league.
It is very dumb that Fort, Warren, Marietta aren’t in TVC.

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

redblue85 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:25 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:58 am Fort Frye would be in TVC if it wasn’t for Wellston.
The TVC doesn't want the competition Fort Frye and Warren would bring to their league.
The TVC is still holding a grudge that dates back to 1986. And Warren Coaches didn't want to leave .It was Warren's dumb AD at the time Herb Young because the AD didn't like Coach Hill who was the football coach.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

96Champ wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:28 am
redblue85 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:25 pm

The TVC is still holding a grudge that dates back to 1986. And Warren Coaches didn't want to leave .It was Warren's dumb AD at the time Herb Young because the AD didn't like Coach Hill who was the football coach.
You'd think it would be water under the bridge but NOPE...

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Did you hire a coach?

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Kenny Bixx wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:23 am Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Did you hire a coach?
They keep calling. Going to have to pony up some more though, or go with number 2. Those are the choices. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Did you hire a coach?
Hire was made, the board meeting he was supposed to be confirmed at got postponed. Should be confirmed here in the next week or week and a half.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

beg003 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:36 pm

Did you hire a coach?
Hire was made, the board meeting he was supposed to be confirmed at got postponed. Should be confirmed here in the next week or week and a half.
Word on the streets of glouster is that the only coach in school history with state title is planning for a new gig. If I was Logan I wouldn’t schedule Warren. He may have something to prove. Congrats on the new job.

Pissstop Billy
Waterboy

Post by Pissstop Billy »

It’s my understanding that the announcement has been delayed because the new coach is getting cold feet. Rumor is Warren is applying to TVC and there is some concern about having to play Athens and Trimble every year.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

Pissstop Billy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:35 am It’s my understanding that the announcement has been delayed because the new coach is getting cold feet. Rumor is Warren is applying to TVC and there is some concern about having to play Athens and Trimble every year.
It'd almost be like playing the '85 Bears every year I imagine.

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

I know your joking, anyone can see that Warren would Not be scared of Athens or Trimble.

2021 Scores:
FF over Warren 33-7
FF over Trimble 45-13
FF over Nelsonville 36-6 who drilled Athens 41-6

The only ones scared are the TVC not letting FF and Warren in.
The financial infinitives alone should warrant them joining. Both Warren and FF travel and support their teams very well.

But they really need to get the coach in place, it’s getting a little late, and not really fair to the new coach or kids.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Fanatic wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:37 pm I know your joking, anyone can see that Warren would Not be scared of Athens or Trimble.

2021 Scores:
FF over Warren 33-7
FF over Trimble 45-13
FF over Nelsonville 36-6 who drilled Athens 41-6

The only ones scared are the TVC not letting FF and Warren in.
The financial infinitives alone should warrant them joining. Both Warren and FF travel and support their teams very well.

But they really need to get the coach in place, it’s getting a little late, and not really fair to the new coach or kids.
Board meeting Monday is when he’ll be approved.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Cheerleading Varsity (football) HS Roddy, Terri per the negotiated contract
Football Varsity HS Peyton, James per the negotiated contract
Soccer Varsity (boys) HS Hurley, Jon per the negotiated contract
Assistant/JV (boys) HS Scott, Daniel per the negotiated contract

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

chrishilton91 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:22 am Cheerleading Varsity (football) HS Roddy, Terri per the negotiated contract
That has to be a misprint. I have a gentlemens agreement.

TOESTUBBER01
Riding the Bench

Post by TOESTUBBER01 »

chrishilton91 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:22 am Cheerleading Varsity (football) HS Roddy, Terri per the negotiated contract
Does anyone know who James Peyton is or what his background is? I haven't really found anything on him. Not that that's a bad thing - just curious of his background.

SAS
Waterboy

Post by SAS »

Jimmy Peyton, some revere him to be the best QB and one of the best all around football players to play at Ironton High School. I typed Jimmy Peyton in the search engine here on SEOPs and many Ironton people seem to think he was one of the best.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

TOESTUBBER01 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:49 pm
Does anyone know who James Peyton is or what his background is? I haven't really found anything on him. Not that that's a bad thing - just curious of his background.
The Ironton guys on here might know him as Jimmy Peyton. Played for Lutz in the late 90s I believe and has been coaching in college and high school his entire career. He was the OC at Ashland last year. Personally, I think it’s a great hire.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

sounds good

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

beg003 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:41 pm
The Ironton guys on here might know him as Jimmy Peyton. Played for Lutz in the late 90s I believe and has been coaching in college and high school his entire career. He was the OC at Ashland last year. Personally, I think it’s a great hire.
So if he is offensive coach, what does that mean for Shawn Taylor? He has been the off coordinater for last several years I believe

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

This is the only writeup I could find of him on Ashland's website, posted before this past season

"Ashland’s coaching staff has remained essentially stable, with one exception. Jimmy Peyton takes over as offensive coordinator for Colt Phelps, who left to become head coach at Green County.

Peyton was the coach at Missouri Military Academy and has worked as a collegiate assistant at Kentucky Christian, Garden City CC and Arizona Western. Locally, the Ironton alum is likely best remembered for coming off the bench as a sophomore in Putnam Stadium in 1997 and throwing two touchdown passes in the final minute to improbably lead the Fighting Tigers past the Tomcats, 42-41. Love was in his fourth year as a Tomcats assistant"

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

There is a press conference today at Warren High School introducing him and I am sure there will be a write-up in the Marietta Times.

Return to “Football”