Wellston Football Field

Mulga Roadrunner
Waterboy

Wellston Football Field

Post by Mulga Roadrunner »

How serious are they about moving the field to the school? Track looks nice but the bleachers are too small for football.

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Wellston Football Field

Post by countywide35 »

Claim it’s in the process ? I know nothing more then that. Talking with the tradition of Golden Rocket football CH Jones Field is the ONLY spot where Friday nights in the fall are to be spent while speaking with the upcoming tradition are hoping they get the chance to play in a new setting while beginning a new tradition of Friday nights in town.

We shall see

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

It's in process, the school was given 2 options from the start. They got a bid to renovate CH Jones Field and another bid to finish out the new field... They picked to finish the new place. If anyone attended the District basketball games at Wellston last month then they will know parking will be a nightmare on Friday nights and they underestimated the size of the new stands by about 500 or so seats.. you attempt to squeeze a band in there with fans and its going to be cramped to say the least. I'm not against moving to the new field I don't reckon just hope they find a few ways to make it bigger / stand out... be a shame to move from a unique setting like CH Jones to a cookie cutter stadium that doesn't even have the upgrade of Turf.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

WildManWill wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:22 am It's in process, the school was given 2 options from the start. They got a bid to renovate CH Jones Field and another bid to finish out the new field... They picked to finish the new place. If anyone attended the District basketball games at Wellston last month then they will know parking will be a nightmare on Friday nights and they underestimated the size of the new stands by about 500 or so seats.. you attempt to squeeze a band in there with fans and its going to be cramped to say the least. I'm not against moving to the new field I don't reckon just hope they find a few ways to make it bigger / stand out... be a shame to move from a unique setting like CH Jones to a cookie cutter stadium that doesn't even have the upgrade of Turf.
Doesn't sound good.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

The lights and visitors bleachers at CH Jones are portable and can be moved to the new site.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Keep it at CH Jones. A little dated but it’s a great venue. Definitely unique and has a lot of character. I’ve always been partial to keeping the older stadiums and fields. You could put in turf but turf isn’t always the answer either. Why change something that is still working?

WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

Yes the lights and away bleachers are portable... That doesn't fix the home stands having a seating capacity of 250.. the away stands have a seating capacity of 250 at CH Jones.. while the home stands at CH Jones have an estimated capacity of 500.. that would make the new stadium smaller by about 200 seats... CH Jones is already cramped enough with most people choosing to stand. Regardless of how Wellston is they do seem to show up on Friday Nights to watch regardless.. Major adjustments would have to be made for the new field to be feasible...

I agree with Vorhees.. Yes CH Jones is a little date but it is a great venue.. In my opinion I'd do turf for the simple fact that 4 teams play on it in the fall and all it takes is one good rain right now to ruin the field for the games in late September/October.. CH Jones only needs an adjusted away locker room (it was confirmed the current building could be reconfigured to allow for seating for about 50 kids) and a few adjustments to home locker room and playing field. Your talking $8-900,000 compared to finishing the new field at the school for an estimated $1-1.5mil...

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

CH Jones visitors bleacher capacity is 800. And the home about 1200.

Mulga Roadrunner
Waterboy

Post by Mulga Roadrunner »

hsfbfan wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:22 am CH Jones visitors bleacher capacity is 800. And the home about 1200.
We could take the visitor bleachers and use them at the new field but we would need to purchase bleachers for the home side. What’s the capacity of the bleachers at the new field? 500? We could use them for the road bleachers and just buy new home bleachers and leave the seats at ch Jones for the jr high and jv games.

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

I think they should move the new bleachers to the visitors side along with a couple sections of the visitors bleachers at Ch jones. Use the other remaining sections for band seating. and purchase new home bleachers.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

A few years back I took in the Paint Valley at Wellston game and I though (My memory is bad) that that game was at the high school? Am I wrong?

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Yes, Licking Valley you are wrong. It is close to the old school grounds.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:34 am A few years back I took in the Paint Valley at Wellston game and I though (My memory is bad) that that game was at the high school? Am I wrong?
Yeah it's just right at the train tracks there in town across from Wendy's, crappy parking.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

greygoose wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:08 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:34 am A few years back I took in the Paint Valley at Wellston game and I though (My memory is bad) that that game was at the high school? Am I wrong?
Yeah it's just right at the train tracks there in town across from Wendy's, crappy parking.
Thanks.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

greygoose wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:08 pm
Yea I’m not sure about the people saying the parking at the school would be terrible.. there is literally zero parking at the stadium now. When I go I normally park at the library and walk. It can’t be any worse at the new school. There’s the middle school lots as well. Personally I’d like to see renovations made to CH Jones but it just makes more sense for the school to have a facility next to the building.

Speedy991
Waterboy

Post by Speedy991 »

If the field is moved to the track at the school. The goose poop is horrible . I mean shovel deep most of the time. We use to practice peewee football across the water at the baseball complex. The geese were horrible there also.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Maybe we should change our nickname to the Golden Goose instead of the Golden Rockets.

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

Speedy991 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:36 am If the field is moved to the track at the school. The goose poop is horrible . I mean shovel deep most of the time. We use to practice peewee football across the water at the baseball complex. The geese were horrible there also.
Can you say armpit?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Pit Stop Billy wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:38 pm
Speedy991 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:36 am If the field is moved to the track at the school. The goose poop is horrible . I mean shovel deep most of the time. We use to practice peewee football across the water at the baseball complex. The geese were horrible there also.
Can you say armpit?
Get a dog or two that will get rid of the geese

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Speedy991
Waterboy

Post by Speedy991 »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:26 pm Maybe we should change our nickname to the Golden Goose instead of the Golden Rockets.
Lol that’s prettygood

Return to “Football”