OVC & SOC Merge Talk

TigerBob
All Conference

Re: Is ovc expanding?

Post by TigerBob »

Really no different than college sports. Football is the driver of everything, even if it’s the only sport that makes (or doesn’t make) sense for a given league.

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

Post by Chilly_D_Castro »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:24 pm Really no different than college sports. Football is the driver of everything, even if it’s the only sport that makes (or doesn’t make) sense for a given league.
WHAT WE NEED IS AN INVESTIGATION of these shady back door recruiting practices at Ironton. I am contacting the ovc and we are gonna get to the bottom of it. I don't know what is more corrupt. Irontons piggies or Ironton coaches.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

What needs to happen is AD's and Principals from both OVC and SOC need to go into a Big Room and come back out with a SUPER CONFERENCE , 4 Divisions with some crossover games. Call it the SOVC

Division 1
Ironton
Minford
Gallia
Fairland
Wheelersburg
Waverly

Division 2
South Point
Coal Grove
Portsmouth
Port. West
Chesapeake
Portsmouth

Division 3
Valley
Oak Hill
Symmes Valley
South Webster
Eastern Pike
Green (Facility Upgrades will make a difference in this program)
Northwest

Divison 4
Western
South Gallia
Ironton St. Joe
Clay
Port. East
Notre Dame
New Boston
East

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:30 am
TigerBob wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:24 pm Really no different than college sports. Football is the driver of everything, even if it’s the only sport that makes (or doesn’t make) sense for a given league.
WHAT WE NEED IS AN INVESTIGATION of these shady back door recruiting practices at Ironton. I am contacting the ovc and we are gonna get to the bottom of it. I don't know what is more corrupt. Irontons piggies or Ironton coaches.
Take your far leftest BS somewhere else.The vast majority around here don’t buy it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

baseball16 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:00 am What needs to happen is AD's and Principals from both OVC and SOC need to go into a Big Room and come back out with a SUPER CONFERENCE , 4 Divisions with some crossover games. Call it the SOVC

Division 1
Ironton
Minford
Gallia
Fairland
Wheelersburg
Waverly

Division 2
South Point
Coal Grove
Portsmouth
Port. West
Chesapeake
Portsmouth

Division 3
Valley
Oak Hill
Symmes Valley
South Webster
Eastern Pike
Northwest

Divison 4
Western
South Gallia
Ironton St. Joe
Clay
Port. East
Notre Dame
New Boston
East
Drop Green into div 4 and replace with Rock Hill. South Point in Div2 is a stretch; overall sports Valley would be better in Div2 then them. Also, are you going to make alignment adjustments for all the different sports? I mean Peake and SP are strong in Basketball but worse than horrible in Football. No way Green is division 3 in anything. Coal Grove is by far the smallest school you have in a larger division. And do you do realignment each year, every 3rd year, 5 years??? Most of these teams in div 2 and 3 go through cycles of up and down years not only in talent but actual overall numbers go up and down...

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

OVCFan1 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:08 am
baseball16 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:00 am What needs to happen is AD's and Principals from both OVC and SOC need to go into a Big Room and come back out with a SUPER CONFERENCE , 4 Divisions with some crossover games. Call it the SOVC

Division 1
Ironton
Minford
Gallia
Fairland
Wheelersburg
Waverly

Division 2
South Point
Coal Grove
Portsmouth
Port. West
Chesapeake
Portsmouth

Division 3
Valley
Oak Hill
Symmes Valley
South Webster
Eastern Pike
Northwest

Divison 4
Western
South Gallia
Ironton St. Joe
Clay
Port. East
Notre Dame
New Boston
East
Drop Green into div 4 and replace with Rock Hill. South Point in Div2 is a stretch; overall sports Valley would be better in Div2 then them. Also, are you going to make alignment adjustments for all the different sports? I mean Peake and SP are strong in Basketball but worse than horrible in Football. No way Green is division 3 in anything. Coal Grove is by far the smallest school you have in a larger division. And do you do realignment each year, every 3rd year, 5 years??? Most of these teams in div 2 and 3 go through cycles of up and down years not only in talent but actual overall numbers go up and down...
It's all hypothetical. LOL I am sure there would be teams bumped up or down based on enrollment or competition. It's also something that can b e changed every 2 or 3 years based on Winning. Again, get the AD's and Principals in a Room and Go at it. One big Super Southern Ohio Valley Conference would be GREAT!

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Post by BigBoneJerome »

SOVC1
Burg
Ironton
Portsmouth
Green (new facilities)
Waverly
Gallia
Jackson
Chillicothe

SOVC2
West
Northwest
Minford
Valley
Oak Hill
Wellston

SOVC3
Coal Grove
Rock Hill
South Point
Fairland
Chesapeake
Symmes Valley

Soc4
Beaver
Norte dame
East
South Gallia
Western
Piketon

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

BigBoneJerome wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:04 pm SOVC1
Burg
Ironton
Portsmouth
Green (new facilities)
Waverly
Gallia
Jackson
Chillicothe

SOVC2
West
Northwest
Minford
Valley
Oak Hill
Wellston

SOVC3
Coal Grove
Rock Hill
South Point
Fairland
Chesapeake
Symmes Valley

Soc4
Beaver
Norte dame
East
South Gallia
Western
Piketon
This is horrendous lmao. Green in that division are you serious? Because new facilities they go there? If that happened they’d never see a win in said new facilities lmao. I’d imagine most of those schools would send JV to play them. Piketon in that division makes no sense either. They aren’t world beaters but come on.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Move Green down to 4. Move Piketon up to at least 3. Then for the most part, I like what you have posted.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Yeah, no way Green should be in 1. What about South Webster? New Boston?

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Piketon would fit better in 2 and move NW to 3.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:31 pm
BigBoneJerome wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:04 pm SOVC1
Burg
Ironton
Portsmouth
Green (new facilities)
Waverly
Gallia
Jackson
Chillicothe

SOVC2
West
Northwest
Minford
Valley
Oak Hill
Wellston

SOVC3
Coal Grove
Rock Hill
South Point
Fairland
Chesapeake
Symmes Valley

Soc4
Beaver
Norte dame
East
South Gallia
Western
Piketon
This is horrendous lmao. Green in that division are you serious? Because new facilities they go there? If that happened they’d never see a win in said new facilities lmao. I’d imagine most of those schools would send JV to play them. Piketon in that division makes no sense either. They aren’t world beaters but come on.
lol almost there.

Green though?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

lol would Piketon leave the SVC for
Beaver
Norte dame
East
South Gallia
Western?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

See these kind of things always crack me up! too many people get on here and say this team and that team and add other Leagues. Im telling you right now the only two conferences that need to look at this is the OVC and SOC. Get together and expand into one superconference ! Also, there is absolutely ZERO chance that Oak Hill joins a same League as Jackson! ;)

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

Tell that little sawed off penguin George Carmon I will line up with him & run his rollie pollie frame into THE TURF!!! TRANSPARENCY HAS ARRIVED TIGER TOWN!!!

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:47 am Tell that little sawed off penguin George Carmon I will line up with him & run his rollie pollie frame into THE TURF!!! TRANSPARENCY HAS ARRIVED TIGER TOWN!!!
I see you’re back…hate that for us

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:20 pm
Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:47 am Tell that little sawed off penguin George Carmon I will line up with him & run his rollie pollie frame into THE TURF!!! TRANSPARENCY HAS ARRIVED TIGER TOWN!!!
I see you’re back…hate that for us
It's only satire. Don't take it so hard. It isn't a 🍆. lol
Know what they say though. Theres a bit of truth in comedy. Footballs like anything else. It is effected indirectly by the atmosphere it's surrounded by. Lotta light being spotlighted on not so good allegations directly connected to a prominent school/program in this region. Makes ya wonder if a bit further down the road those community issues related to what were only allegations up until present day but are now specifically named in sworn statements per civil litigation related to some of the more serious allegations against this high schools administration. If theres an administrative shakeup and a significanr finding of civil liability - how would it impact said program? And would said local prominent programs high profile head coach stay and endure those challenges created by these issues or would he move on to a more positive situation?

portsmouth_98
All State

Re: Portsmouth in S.O.C.?

Post by portsmouth_98 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:28 pm
Speedy991 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:53 am
JTEK wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:38 pm

Yeah the burgs obviously ducking them😂
I’m not a burg fan. But burg isn’t ducking anyone. Portsmouth won’t go to the soc because burg is there every year. After burg beat them at Portsmouth new field on opening night they haven’t played again. If Portsmouth wasn’t afraid of burg they would played this year 2022 they both had an open week. And Portsmouth wouldn’t play. Burg scheduled some team from Cinncinatti
Portsmouth beat West to open up their new stadium, so clearly you have no idea what you’re talking about there. As far as this past season Portsmouth picking up Waverly made more sense than picking up Burg even though both were open week 4. Both schools had seen one another in a scrimmage, didn’t need a ton of preparation to play since they had seen one another 5 weeks earlier. Kalb the Portsmouth coach had ties to Waverly. Waverly had one heck of a good season. Portsmouth could’ve won that game. It was the correct choice. 2022 could’ve been a nice matchup. Burg will be good, Portsmouth will likely take a step back. We don’t know if either school reached out to one another, and if so who said no. Portsmouth plays Spring Valley who is no joke, so it’s not like they told Burg no so they could play Green. Burg picked a nice tough game as well. As far as Portsmouth dropping Burg idk who dropped who. If Burg dropped Portsmouth it was because playing better competition benefitted them more than the gate. If Portsmouth dropped Burg I assume it was to gain a more winnable game as opposed to gaining the gate. I think both schools should play. 2021 Burg wins imo but it would’ve been much more of a competitive game than we seen the last several years they played. I wish they would renew the series. But no, that’s not why Portsmouth won’t go to the SOC. It’s because the SOC said no. Clearly you don’t think Portsmouth can just say okay we would join but Burg is there so hard pass? Portsmouth is a great fit in the SOC and should be there. They would be there currently if the school in the SOC 1 would’ve said yes.
Portsmouth did drop Burg after losing 7 or 8 in a row to them. We were on a string of 1-3 win seasons so I doubt they were sad to see as far as playoff points and competition were concerned.

sparksgl1
Waterboy

Post by sparksgl1 »

beating a dead horse.

OVC Champ
Waterboy

Post by OVC Champ »

XandOs wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:03 pm [media][/media]

Call Ironton. I’d guarantee they would entertain the move to the SOC. I don’t think Wheelersburg would want them in though.
Why would Ironton want to go to the SOC, people act like they dominate at all sports?

Return to “Football”