OVC & SOC Merge Talk

baseball16
All Conference

Re: OVC & SOC Merge Talk

Post by baseball16 »

BigBoneJerome wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:46 pm Why did they let South Gallia in if they don’t want to travel?

Great Question!

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Vegeta wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:04 pm If you could get Jackson and Piketon on board, I think combining the SOC and OVC for all sports could work.

Jackson
Waverly
Gallia Academy
Ironton
Portsmouth
Wheelersburg

Portsmouth West
Minford
Valley
Fairland
South Point
Chesapeake

Oak Hill
Northwest
Piketon
Rock Hill
Dawson-Bryant
South Webster

Eastern
Western
Sciotoville Community
Clay
Notre Dame

Symmes Valley
South Gallia
Green
Glenwood
St Joseph Central

This is DEAD, Move on! LOL People have hashed out numerous ideas and their plan. SOC has done what they thought was BEST for all teams.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

BigBoneJerome wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:46 pm Why did they let South Gallia in if they don’t want to travel?
Exactly. I hope they can work out some kind of football division realignment. And I hope some of the OVC will come in and merge. All we can do is hope until it happens. Travel shouldn’t be that big of issue in football.
You travel to these places once every 2 years. Travel shouldn’t come into play.
Making a competitive fix to help these schools prepare for playoffs and give each school a chance is what needs to happen.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

baseball16 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:24 pm
Vegeta wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:04 pm If you could get Jackson and Piketon on board, I think combining the SOC and OVC for all sports could work.

Jackson
Waverly
Gallia Academy
Ironton
Portsmouth
Wheelersburg

Portsmouth West
Minford
Valley
Fairland
South Point
Chesapeake

Oak Hill
Northwest
Piketon
Rock Hill
Dawson-Bryant
South Webster

Eastern
Western
Sciotoville Community
Clay
Notre Dame

Symmes Valley
South Gallia
Green
Glenwood
St Joseph Central

This is DEAD, Move on! LOL People have hashed out numerous ideas and their plan. SOC has done what they thought was BEST for all teams.
The SOC did what they did for all sports (EXCEPT FOOTBALL). Nothing is dead yet.
I don’t see what this guy proposes happening. But I do see something changing. I just hope it involves Coal Grove and Rock hill. Those 2 would be a great addition to the SOC in football. As would Portsmouth.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

pmow3 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:27 pm
baseball16 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:24 pm

Jackson
Waverly
Gallia Academy
Ironton
Portsmouth
Wheelersburg

Portsmouth West
Minford
Valley
Fairland
South Point
Chesapeake

Oak Hill
Northwest
Piketon
Rock Hill
Dawson-Bryant
South Webster

Eastern
Western
Sciotoville Community
Clay
Notre Dame

Symmes Valley
South Gallia
Green
Glenwood
St Joseph Central

The SOC did what they did for all sports (EXCEPT FOOTBALL). Nothing is dead yet.
I don’t see what this guy proposes happening. But I do see something changing. I just hope it involves Coal Grove and Rock hill. Those 2 would be a great addition to the SOC in football. As would Portsmouth.
👍

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

SOC wouldn't have made the move they did if they didn't anticipate bringing on at least 2 more (football) schools -- which would most likely come from OVC. This isn't done yet

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:53 pm SOC wouldn't have made the move they did if they didn't anticipate bringing on at least 2 more (football) schools -- which would most likely come from OVC. This isn't done yet
You re correct but they are not going to go 5 divisions like the one above. They will add a few to balance it out and have 3 division football.

6 teams in each allow a max of 6 more schools to come into the league. 2 in each division for 8 teams.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

baseball16 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:23 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:53 pm SOC wouldn't have made the move they did if they didn't anticipate bringing on at least 2 more (football) schools -- which would most likely come from OVC. This isn't done yet
You re correct but they are not going to go 5 divisions like the one above. They will add a few to balance it out and have 3 division football.

6 teams in each allow a max of 6 more schools to come into the league. 2 in each division for 8 teams.
yea it won't be 5 divisions, will definitely be 3. Keep in mind the only sports that are divided into 3 divisions with this new restructuring are Volleyball, Baseball, Softball and Basketball.

In terms of football divisions they really still have a year to get it figured out, as that is when South Gallia will enter the SOC. I still think Coal Grove and Rock Hill find their way into the SOC by the start of the 23-24 season, when South Gallia enters.

Finding the 5th team for the top division is gonna be the tricky part. Based on CB it should be Northwest, but that's kinda what we're trying to get away from. Schools like Valley and Oak Hill will argue Northwest should be the team to be in the top division based off of this.

Potentially..

SOC III - Competitive Balance
Wheelersburg -196
Waverly -252
West -168
Minford -176
insert team (Coal Grove would be my pick -145)

SOC II
Oak Hill -153
Northwest -164
Valley -127
Eastern -113
insert team (Rock Hill would be my pick -150)

SOC I
Green -68
Notre Dame -75
East -53
Symmes Valley -99
South Gallia (23-24 season) -81

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Sonny: in that scenario, I’d invite Portsmouth, but condition it on them agreeing to be placed in with the big schools. If they want in SOC once and for all, they’ll accept.*

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:01 am Sonny: in that scenario, I’d invite Portsmouth, but condition it on them agreeing to be placed in with the big schools. If they want in SOC once and for all, they’ll accept.*
100% agree. PHS and Ironton would be MY two choices if it were up to me, with those two in the top division and dropping Minford down to middle division. I don't think either would get voted in however, there's a lot of history there and a lot of sad arguments for that -- and I'll leave it at that. Realistically, I think Coal Grove and Rock Hill have the best shot at moving into the SOC.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:19 am

yea it won't be 5 divisions, will definitely be 3. Keep in mind the only sports that are divided into 3 divisions with this new restructuring are Volleyball, Baseball, Softball and Basketball.

In terms of football divisions they really still have a year to get it figured out, as that is when South Gallia will enter the SOC. I still think Coal Grove and Rock Hill find their way into the SOC by the start of the 23-24 season, when South Gallia enters.

Finding the 5th team for the top division is gonna be the tricky part. Based on CB it should be Northwest, but that's kinda what we're trying to get away from. Schools like Valley and Oak Hill will argue Northwest should be the team to be in the top division based off of this.

Potentially..

Wheelersburg -196
Waverly -252
West -168
Minford -176

SOC II
Oak Hill -153
Northwest -164
Valley -127
Eastern -113

SOC I
Green -68
Notre Dame -75
East -53
Symmes Valley -99
CG and RH are the 2 pushing to get Ironton out of the OVC, so no they would not agree to play with the big boys. They want to play with the mediocre.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Im really surprised Jackson, Ironton, Waverly, Fairland, and Gallia Academy haven't tried to work something out. You could maybe throw in Unioto or Chillicothe in the future.

Games that already happen.

Ironton vs Gallia, Jackson, Burg, Fairland
GA vs Ironton, Fairland
Burg vs Ironton, Jackson, Waverly
Waverly vs Burg, unioto, chiili
Jackson vs Ironton, Burg, chilli

Chillicothe vs jackson, waverly
Unioto- Waverly

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

goUK wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:38 am

Potentially..

Wheelersburg -196
Waverly -252
West -168
Minford -176

SOC II
Oak Hill -153
Northwest -164
Valley -127
Eastern -113

SOC I
Green -68
Notre Dame -75
East -53
Symmes Valley -99
CG and RH are the 2 pushing to get Ironton out of the OVC, so no they would not agree to play with the big boys. They want to play with the mediocre.
They just want an even playing field

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

fbnut wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:58 am
goUK wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:38 am

Potentially..

Wheelersburg -196
Waverly -252
West -168
Minford -176

SOC II
Oak Hill -153
Northwest -164
Valley -127
Eastern -113

SOC I
Green -68
Notre Dame -75
East -53
Symmes Valley -99
They just want an even playing field
the quality of transfers coming into Ironton PLUS the amount of them PLUS the open recruitment of them, is what CG and RH are trying to get away from.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Like Ric Flair said. To be the best, you gotta run from the best.

RRX.2020
Waterboy

Post by RRX.2020 »

maybe if the coaching staff at Rock Hill and Coal Grove didn't settle for mediocre they could build a winning program like Ironton. why would kids want to play mediocre ball when they can go to a school that works hard to win. it all starts at the top with the coaces.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

RRX.2020 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:15 am maybe if the coaching staff at Rock Hill and Coal Grove didn't settle for mediocre they could build a winning program like Ironton. why would kids want to play mediocre ball when they can go to a school that works hard to win. it all starts at the top with the coaces.
:lol: If ironton was playing with there own players they would be no better that they were during the Vass years

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

fbnut wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:12 pm
RRX.2020 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:15 am maybe if the coaching staff at Rock Hill and Coal Grove didn't settle for mediocre they could build a winning program like Ironton. why would kids want to play mediocre ball when they can go to a school that works hard to win. it all starts at the top with the coaces.
:lol: If ironton was playing with there own players they would be no better that they were during the Vass years
They played with their own players and still made the playoffs in Pendletons first yar.
So that stupid quote does not hold water now does it

Return to “Football”