OVC & SOC Merge Talk

85inside
S

OVC & SOC Merge Talk

Post by 85inside »

A lot of speculation about Logan, Chillicothe and Warren darting from the SEOAL. What is the OVC and the SEOAL merged? You could call it the Southern Ohio Valley League.

Coal Grove
South Point
Rock Hill
Chesapeake
Fairland
Gallia Academy
Jackson
River Valley
Portsmouth

Maybe ask Symmes Valley and Oak Hill in and maybe split into two divisons

moonshine
SEO

Re: What about a merge between OVC and SEOAL?

Post by moonshine »

How about Ironton!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, 85.
nobody in the ovc could compete with portsmouth ,gallia academy, or jackson. much less ironton. the big division of the soc would struggle with these three yearly. and thats without entering ironton in the conversation. seriously.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

85inside wrote:A lot of speculation about Logan, Chillicothe and Warren darting from the SEOAL. What is the OVC and the SEOAL merged? You could call it the Southern Ohio Valley League.

Coal Grove
South Point
Rock Hill
Chesapeake
Fairland
Gallia Academy
Jackson
River Valley
Portsmouth

Maybe ask Symmes Valley and Oak Hill in and maybe split into two divisons

I could see Gallipolis winning most of the time

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

I think Gallia would be strong in football. However, there would be some great basketball games in this conference. Chesy vs Portsmouth? Portsmouth vs Jackson? Fairland vs Gallia?
Good baseball and softball conference as well.

I dont see any one school dominating in every sport. that makes for a well rounded conference.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i would agree in basketball it could be competitive, but football would be a rout, again, without ever even mentioning ironton.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i would agree in basketball it could be competitive, but football would be a rout, again, without ever even mentioning ironton.

I dont agree. I have seen Gallia football program in the past few years. Many of the listed schools could compete with Gallia in football, if not beat them.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

ytb and his usual arrogant ironton comments.people like u is what bring ironton down on this forum and u have always been that way on here ever since this sight started.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

dont even mention Ironton, ovbious he doesnt want to... :mrgreen:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i would agree in basketball it could be competitive, but football would be a rout, again, without ever even mentioning ironton.

You just did Bait!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you're right, i think many teams in the ovc could handle gallipolis in football.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:you're right, i think many teams in the ovc could handle gallipolis in football.

Name them.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

If I'm not mistaken Gallipolis only holds a one game advantage of Coal Grove in head to head play, and I do believe OVC schools could compete with Gallia, the OVC is getting stronger and this year will be a great year for the Ohio Valley Conference.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Last year Coal Grove most likely wouldve beaten the devils...imo.Not sure about the other OVC teams.. Most years though I think Gallia would win the OVC...VC use to play SP, CG, RH, and Chesepeak in non league and had pretty good success overall. VC actually played SP, RH, and CG for about 6 years or so straight...Normally Gallia is better than VC, so imo the Devils would have a lot of success.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

If the Seoal goes down, Gallia's only options would be independent, OVC, or TVC...right?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Coal Grove is not many OVC teams, and I have doubts that even CG would have beaten GAHS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GalliaGrad78 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:you're right, i think many teams in the ovc could handle gallipolis in football.

Name them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ that was kind of a joke,
signed, the redheaded stepchild. :-D

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think there will always be enough teams to keep the SEOAL around. I think that things will settle down and I don't see Logan leaving for a few more years yet if at all.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Gahs...I think if Logan and Chillicothe leave the Seoal in 3 years, you will see the Seoal show interest in VC and Waverly. The Seoal has been (primarily) made up of the biggest schools in most of the SEO counties. Waverly and VC fit the mold. Both already play Seoal opponents in non conference and VC is right smack dab in the middle of the Seoal spread. I also think in 3 years, Athens will be knocking on the Seoal's door. If Waverly or VC dont want to move to the Seoal, then I think Athens will re-join.

2013 Seoal-

Gallia
Jackson
Portsmouth
Warren
Athens
Vinton County
Waverly

I think the Seoal will want to go to 6 teams...so you wont see Athens, VC and Wav all in the Seoal...but I think that if Athens continues their hot streak in the TVC, it could happen even though there may be bad blood between the league and the Dogs.. I think VC and Waverly will be on the top of the Seoal 'want list' (especially if VC can get the football program up and running in the next two years) and Athens could be the only other option if either one do not join.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

that 2013 shows Warren and Portsmouth,with that travel time and if they are going to change, Warren would be leaving

Return to “Football”