OVC & SOC Merge Talk

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: What about a merge between OVC and SEOAL?

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I doubt Athens ever leaves the TVC. They are thrilled to be in the TVC - the players, coaches, administration, and fans. Huge gates for football and basketball since joining the TVC....when was the last time that happened?

I don't think Vinton County could compete in the SEOAL in most sports, basketball being an exception. SEOAL football would be a disaster for the Vikings, and I don't think VC would do that to its football team. To have any chance of success in the SEOAL, VC would at least have to be somewhat competitive with NY in football, and that has historically not been the case. VC has only one win over NY that was by more than one touchdown, and they have played every year since 1967, except the year of the VC Teachers Strike in the early 70's. I think a similar result would occur against most SEOAL teams in football.

Waverly was once in the SEOAL and then left. If they are happy in the SOC, I don't see them wanting to come back to the SEOAL. Of the three teams mentioned, I think Waverly would be the most likely to jump, but that is still unlikely.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I dont think it is likely VC will jump to the Seoal 96...I do however think the Seoal will approach VC with interest. If the Seoal falls to 4 teams, they will add at least 1 school and im sure would try for 2 and I doubt any of the schools they contact will be lower than DIII.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

If Chillicothe and Logan leave the Seoal and NY/Trimble consolidate along with Belpre/Warren.

I could see....

The Seoal fold..

Jackson, Gallia, Warren all look to the TVC.

OR (and the most likely thing to happen imo)

The Seoal will look to add the new NY/Trimble HS, VC, Athens, and Waverly for an 8 team league.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Dundas wrote:If Chillicothe and Logan leave the Seoal and NY/Trimble consolidate along with Belpre/Warren.

I could see....

The Seoal fold..

Jackson, Gallia, Warren all look to the TVC.

OR (and the most likely thing to happen imo)

The Seoal will look to add the new NY/Trimble HS, VC, Athens, and Waverly for an 8 team league.

I don't think we will see that happen.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Just sayin O&B...I dont see VC leaving the TVC being one of the original teams...plus the fact each conference game is close and the Trimble/NY thing will be a stretch. Im just saying that the Seoal will add before they dissolve..and if they are in a tight spot they will come after some TVC schools.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Just tryin to spark debate..Why dont you think it will happen and what do you think will happen?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Dundas wrote:Just sayin O&B...I dont see VC leaving the TVC being one of the original teams...plus the fact each conference game is close and the Trimble/NY thing will be a stretch. Im just saying that the Seoal will add before they dissolve..and if they are in a tight spot they will come after some TVC schools.

I had more to add just got side tracked! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To sum it up quickly! Why would anyone leave the TVC for the SEOAL?? The TVC is stable, and all the teams are happy. The SEOAL doesn't know who is coming or going! Why go from a perfectly stable league to a league like that?

I don't see NY and Trimble merging like everyone thinks.(Every single year this comes up.) I don't see the good folks at Belpre voting to consolidate with Warren either. Yea some day Trimble Local schools might disappear. FEMA owns most of the land in Trimble Township at this point, but we are still a ways off from that happening. Warren and Jackson couldn't get the votes to get into the TVC, why then would a school want to join a league that they are in.
Could I see the TVC giving Gallia an invite if the SEOAL folds? YES
I just don't think The SEOAL is going anywhere? NO If Logan and Chilli do decide to leave then I think you will see one or two former teams rejoin the SEOAL but they won't be from the TVC. The TVC may add a school or 2 here in the next couple of years.

I like the SEOAL it has always been a great league, but it isn't very stable...I hope they get the ship righted but they aren't going to do that by trying to raid the TVC.............On a side note!!!! If the TVC is so weak and inferior like everyone reminds us, why do other teams from the SEOAL want in? and we know a couple have tried..... answer!! Because we are stable and we didn't get greedy like other leagues.....The expansion of the SEOAL was done to fast, It sounded good but everyone on the outside new it was a train wreck waiting to happen. They can blame whoever they want but whats done is done.
I have rambled on enough! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cavaliertrue
Waterboy

Post by cavaliertrue »

chillicothe leave dont think so although havent spoken with mr bradley yet im sure we are staying in the league

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

i know this page is about the merger between the OVC and the SEOAL, but since the TVC has been mentioned, I want to add my own insight. The TVC has been a great league to play in over the years since it has beeen formed. It was with a sad heart to see one of the original members( Belpre) go to the Hocking Division, but wish them the best. In years gone by, they always had a team that could compete with anyone. But as it happens in life, things changed, not in anyway their fault, but are now competing in a better fit for them in the Hocking Division, still a great League. Do I think that Vinton County should leave the TVC?. No not at all. Like O & B has said, we have a solid, stable league. Will it change like the SEOAL has over the last several years? It could if everyone starts wanting to jump ship and leave. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener some where else. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I feel as though we can right the Viking Ship over the next few years, back to the years we always fielded a completive team. We may not have won every game, but the kids represented their school with pride. Not saying the kids over the last few years or so, have not had pride, but were faced with conditions they didn't have a chance. I am not going there, as this is a new era and a new coach, so will have to wait and see. I do not see any other conference that we would fit very well in. It would involve too much travel time to play the league games in all the sports that the school fields a team with, not just football. I like the rivalries that had been part of our schools tradition since the league came into being. I know time changes everything, but in this case, we do not need to rush it. Thanks an Old VC Viking

TOUGH
Freshman Team

OVC & SOC Merge Talk

Post by TOUGH »

D1.
Ironton
Jackson
Portsmouth
Wheelersburg
Waverly
Gallia Academy
Portsmouth West
Fairland

D2.
Valley
Minford
Coal Grove
Chesapeake
Oak Hill
Rock Hill
Northwest
River Valley

D3.
Franklin Furnace Green
Notre Dame
East
Eastern Pike
Western Pike
Symmes Valley
Manchester
South Gallia

What does everyone think?

hannancoach
JV Team

Re: New Super Conference SOVC

Post by hannancoach »

What about Hannan? We need a conference. Ask out Mayor.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Always a fun off season exercise discussing "what if" changes and realignments in conference membership. We just have to remember that imagination and reality seldom coincide.

As to the SOVC, travel for the schools on the periphery of the league would be a problem, especially through the school week. It would offer some good competitive match ups though.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Looks good. D1 is solid

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Where's South Point?

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

I dont know why the ovc or soc would do such a thing.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Leagues are fine now.

Travel in the little school division would be horrendous.
Manchester to South Gallia or Western to South Gallia. Yuck

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

No

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

2trap_4ever wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:46 pm Where's South Point?
Consolidated with Ironton 😂😂

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

basically just the best from the SOC and OVC in division 1 and then the middle of the pack in both leagues in 2, but I like the idea

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Never happen as there is too many big ego's in play. Also would eliminate a few traditional rivalrys

Return to “Football”