Freshman Team

Re: New Super Conference SOVC

Post by tigerfan83 »

I think that would be a great idea

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

TOUGH wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:58 pm D1.
Ironton
Jackson
Portsmouth
Wheelersburg
Waverly
Gallia Academy
Portsmouth West
Fairland

D2.
Valley
Minford
Coal Grove
Chesapeake
Oak Hill
Rock Hill
Northwest
River Valley

D3.
Franklin Furnace Green
Notre Dame
East
Eastern Pike
Western Pike
Symmes Valley
Manchester
South Gallia

What does everyone think?
Off-season so always fun to speculate but D1 would never get those teams to combine. Trojans dropped Burg, Waverly said they were done with Jackson although now that they've built up maybe they would, don't think Fairland would want any part of that division. D2 honestly isn't to bad overall and most drive times are on par. D3, Manchester isn't even in either league at the moment nor do I see them being in either league they'll join up with Adams county teams once they get up and rolling, and South Gallia drive for most of those schools is YUCK. Like I said fun to speculate but we all fault the SVC for having just 3 open games and hurting their overall play and that's what would be happening in this scenario.

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

I can see the SOVC forming in a way if the SVC got Eastern, Waverly, and Western while Oak Hill and Gallia Academy were accepted to join the TVC (all of these are possible, but unlikely for now).

SOVC I
East
Green
Notre Dame
South Gallia
Symmes Valley
(Clay, Ironton St. Joe, New Boston, South Webster in SOVC I with no football)

I thought about having Manchester football only, but I’m sure the SHAC will start their football league at some point, which will have 6 teams. The only way I could see a 6th team for football in the SOVC I is if they tried to add Fairview (KY) for football only, but I don’t think that would work, but if the TVC Hocking found a replacement for South Gallia to remain at 9 teams, then maybe the 2 could have an agreement to schedule each other weeks 6-10 to help each other out. I know people from South Webster wouldn’t approve of the drop down, but to balance the 2 sides of the conference after SOC I and SOC II getting raided, I think it is needed in this hypothetical scenario. It’s also not a guarentee South Gallia would join, but the SOVC would provide lower travel costs, especially if Eastern and Western joined the SVC, and South Gallia leaving the TVC would also help with less travel in the Hocking as well (a win-win).

SOVC II
Ohio:
Chesapeake
Dawson-Bryant
Fairland
Ironton
Rock Hill
South Point
Scioto:
Minford
Northwest
Portsmouth
Valley
West
Wheelersburg

I’m sure it’d be a bit of a drop off with Northwest returning and Portsmouth replacing Waverly for the Scioto Division, but I’m sure it’d still be competitive for 2nd (Burg would still own it until someone beats them). As for the Ohio, you’d think Ironton would rule it, but as we’ve seen, the OVC is starting to get more competitive in football and this is a hypothetical league that wouldn’t develop immediately, and by the time this league would form, I think it’d be more competitive, and Ironton wouldn’t be able to dominate it in football consistently. Because this is 12 teams in 2 divisions, there would be a minimum 2 crossover games in football, but the teams would be able to schedule their crossover games. That way, Burg would have Ironton and 1 other opponent to fill out, but it still leaves Jackson and 2 other games for them to schedule up. Ironton would schedule Burg and Portsmouth, then have Ashland, Russell, and maybe Gallia Academy or Raceland. If other teams need to schedule more than 2 crossover games, then they are free to.
In all other sports, teams would play division opponents twice and opposite division teams once to get 16 conference games (matching the 16 conference games in SOVC I). You could also make it to where division games only matter in determining divisional championships in all sports, and treat crossover games as non-conference to help fill the season schedule.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Why would the SOC want to take Ironton and Portsmouth in now, after showing no interest for years? I say a partnership between the conferences would be more viable. It would be nice to have a couple early weekends in basketball to play a crossover league shootout

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

That would set back Portsmouth football years playing in a conference like that. We are playing teams we are competitive with , the same size as and relatively close to. I also think the OVC is as good or better in basketball the last few years so it wouldn't help there either.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Interestong idea, but it will never happen. Do you think Oak Hill will look to leave the SOC since they are beating thrown into the upper dvision?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

ravensfan09 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:08 am Interestong idea, but it will never happen. Do you think Oak Hill will look to leave the SOC since they are beating thrown into the upper dvision?

Yes. Oak hill would be a perfect fit for the 8th member of the TVC Ohio.

basketball112
Waterboy

Post by basketball112 »

Add Logan

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Dundas wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:55 am
ravensfan09 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:08 am Interestong idea, but it will never happen. Do you think Oak Hill will look to leave the SOC since they are beating thrown into the upper dvision?

Yes. Oak hill would be a perfect fit for the 8th member of the TVC Ohio.
Oak hill or waverly doesnt make that much sense in the first place. Portsmouth makes perfect sense.

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

New Boston and South Webster?

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

it would never happen but would be fun I just wish valley would add Ironton on the schedule

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Irontons schedule is pretty much locked in with the new conference games. If the OVC or TVC could add Oak Hill it would make either conference better and be better for the Oaks.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

TOUGH wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:58 pm D1.
Ironton
Jackson
Portsmouth
Wheelersburg
Waverly
Gallia Academy
Portsmouth West
Fairland

D2.
Valley
Minford
Coal Grove
Chesapeake
Oak Hill
Rock Hill
Northwest
River Valley

D3.
Franklin Furnace Green
Notre Dame
East
Eastern Pike
Western Pike
Symmes Valley
Manchester
South Gallia

What does everyone think?
Talk about an early Christmas present! I could see it happening but we would still be left out in the cold!

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

I would like for Oak Hill to go to the TVC Ohio. Wheelersburg dominates football in the SOC II and seems to be at or near the top in every other sport as well. Besides that, It seems like the Scioto County schools are rivals with each other while the Oaks don't have a real year to year rival in the league. The TVC would offer potential rilvaries with Wellston, River Valley, Vinton County, etc.

Nelsonville-York is already on the schedule for next year and Wellston is on in 2020. Travel would be longer, but it has been pointed out in other topics it would be a lot more four lane highways.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

one Oak wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:53 pm I would like for Oak Hill to go to the TVC Ohio. Wheelersburg dominates football in the SOC II and seems to be at or near the top in every other sport as well. Besides that, It seems like the Scioto County schools are rivals with each other while the Oaks don't have a real year to year rival in the league. The TVC would offer potential rilvaries with Wellston, River Valley, Vinton County, etc.

Nelsonville-York is already on the schedule for next year and Wellston is on in 2020. Travel would be longer, but it has been pointed out in other topics it would be a lot more four lane highways.
Would the Oaks ever apply to join either conference? All they would have to do is ask. I'd like to see Oak Hill make a move....going to be tough sledding in the upper division.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

ravensfan09 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:19 pm
one Oak wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:53 pm I would like for Oak Hill to go to the TVC Ohio. Wheelersburg dominates football in the SOC II and seems to be at or near the top in every other sport as well. Besides that, It seems like the Scioto County schools are rivals with each other while the Oaks don't have a real year to year rival in the league. The TVC would offer potential rilvaries with Wellston, River Valley, Vinton County, etc.

Would the Oaks ever apply to join either conference? All they would have to do is ask. I'd like to see Oak Hill make a move....going to be tough sledding in the upper division.
I agree oaks to tvc Jackson to soc don’t be scared

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Oaks to TVC and Jackson to the OCC along with Logan.

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

Bring back the SEOAL, and turn it into a 40 team super conference similar to the way the OCC is set-up.

Warren
Athens
Vinton County
Meigs
Alexander
River Valley
Wellston
Nelsonville York

Jackson
Gallia Academy
Waverly
Fairland
Ironton
Portsmouth
Portsmouth West
Wheelersburg

Oak Hill
Rock Hill
Chesapeake
Dawson Bryant
South Point
Valley
Minford
Northwest

Trimble
Miller
Waterford
Fort Frye
Southern
Eastern
Federal Hocking
Belpre

South Gallia
Symmes Valley
Sciotoville Community
Green
Eastern
Western
Notre Dame
South Webster

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Vegeta wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:19 pm Bring back the SEOAL, and turn it into a 40 team super conference similar to the way the OCC is set-up.

Warren
Athens
Vinton County
Meigs
Alexander
River Valley
Wellston
Nelsonville York

Jackson
Gallia Academy
Waverly
Fairland
Ironton
Portsmouth
Portsmouth West
Wheelersburg

Oak Hill
Rock Hill
Chesapeake
Dawson Bryant
South Point
Valley
Minford
Northwest

Trimble
Miller
Waterford
Fort Frye
Southern
Eastern
Federal Hocking
Belpre

South Gallia
Symmes Valley
Sciotoville Community
Green
Eastern
Western
Notre Dame
South Webster
I love it, but switch Alexander and Trimble!!

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Ironton and the OVC

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Honestly? Are they a good fit for each other?

Return to “Football”