OHSAA Board Considers Football Playoff Change, Allowing Student-Athletes To Participate In Bordering Districts

radiodavel
JV Team

OHSAA Board Considers Football Playoff Change, Allowing Student-Athletes To Participate In Bordering Districts

Post by radiodavel »

https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2022 ... -districts

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: OHSAA Board Considers Football Playoff Change, Allowing Student-Athletes To Participate In Bordering Districts

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I like this. It would benefit the kids from smaller schools. Students from Nelsonville-York, for example, would have the opportunity to play soccer, tennis and swimming. They would have the option of playing those three sports at either Athens or Logan (or Alexander for soccer).

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: OHSAA Board Considers Football Playoff Change, Allowing Student-Athletes To Participate In Bordering Districts

Post by Orange and Brown »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:57 am I like this. It would benefit the kids from smaller schools. Students from Nelsonville-York, for example, would have the opportunity to play soccer, tennis and swimming. They would have the option of playing those three sports at either Athens or Logan (or Alexander for soccer).
We don't say the "S' word around here.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

This is great!

Fort Frye and Waterford could take turns offering football and cross country, and rule both divisions.

borodad
Riding the Bench

Post by borodad »

I always thought this is a good idea but how do they determine where you go....if you live in Leesburg you have bordering football schools of E Clinton, Greenfield, and Hillsboro

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

Also, how will this affect competitive balance?

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

OVCFan1 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:06 pm Also, how will this affect competitive balance?
My guess is it will count just like a normal transfer

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

I personally do not like this, in my opinion this brings school-based athletics one step closer to being more like club-based athletics.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The bordering school referendum failed 393-406, which is closer than I thought it would be.

Return to “Football”