Vinton County Vikings 2022

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Re: Vinton County Vikings 2022

Post by Tomcat Queen »

TomcatFootball11 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:22 pm
Tomcat Queen wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:55 am
TomcatFootball11 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:47 am

For the love of everything holy, could you stop being a troll. This is why Trimble has a bad name on here, and why I never post on here anymore.
What are you crying about? You are on here 24/7. Do you not have a life? Every time I log on you are on here and everyone is talking about it. Does your job not keep you busy enough? I am not trolling I'm just supporting the Tomcats like I do in every sport win or lose. You could try and do the same instead of being afraid to say anything. :oops:
Keep doing what your doing then idc, if that's how you put it. But before saying they didn't play us last year, is a lie. We had covid issues and canceled. I post more on yappi, I only scroll these forums lmfao
If you are on Yappi as well as 24/7 on here you must be tired. How do you get your work done? Inquiring minds want to know. Go Cats.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I was impressed by the Vinton county team at the Gallia 7 on 7. The lineman looked liked beasts over at the lineman challenge. They made a ton of mistakes at 7 on 7 but worked hard. And love how hard your coach worked. Also loved the fact coach had no problems when one of his kids questioned a ref call put kids into immediate up downs. Saw plenty of kids doing push ups after plays. And he heard your coach address almost all the smack talk that happened after plays. Not joyful celebration but smack talk.

Albundy33
Freshman Team

Post by Albundy33 »

Good to hear that is for the update the line has been a problem over the years hope they got it figured out

The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Post by The County Resident »

svac83 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:38 pm I was impressed by the Vinton county team at the Gallia 7 on 7. The lineman looked liked beasts over at the lineman challenge. They made a ton of mistakes at 7 on 7 but worked hard. And love how hard your coach worked. Also loved the fact coach had no problems when one of his kids questioned a ref call put kids into immediate up downs. Saw plenty of kids doing push ups after plays. And he heard your coach address almost all the smack talk that happened after plays. Not joyful celebration but smack talk.
Even though the bar is set low after the last 15 years, the OL is probably going to be the best OL VC has had in a looooooong time if kids stay healthy. Curious to see if Coach Carper and company can break some more rushing records this upcoming season. They were able to break the single season rushing record last year with Zayne Karr.

With that being said, I hope VC can implement some kind of play action game off of a dominant run game. Might’ve had a better chance at beating NY, Warren and Zane Trace if there was some kind of play action game to keep defenses honest.

Blue Tartan
Waterboy

Post by Blue Tartan »

The County Resident wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:54 am
svac83 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:38 pm I was impressed by the Vinton county team at the Gallia 7 on 7. The lineman looked liked beasts over at the lineman challenge. They made a ton of mistakes at 7 on 7 but worked hard. And love how hard your coach worked. Also loved the fact coach had no problems when one of his kids questioned a ref call put kids into immediate up downs. Saw plenty of kids doing push ups after plays. And he heard your coach address almost all the smack talk that happened after plays. Not joyful celebration but smack talk.
Even though the bar is set low after the last 15 years, the OL is probably going to be the best OL VC has had in a looooooong time if kids stay healthy. Curious to see if Coach Carper and company can break some more rushing records this upcoming season. They were able to break the single season rushing record last year with Zayne Karr.

With that being said, I hope VC can implement some kind of play action game off of a dominant run game. Might’ve had a better chance at beating NY, Warren and Zane Trace if there was some kind of play action game to keep defenses honest.
VC will need to be able to pass the ball effectively to win the league. Nelsonville will be too good to just line up and run over top of. Doesn't sound good if all they can do is run it.

Living the dream in Middleport Metro
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Their QB had a nice arm. Was high on some throws. I think the kids just didn’t get right depth on routes and QB was A little late on throws. All very fixable

Albundy33
Freshman Team

Post by Albundy33 »

I attended the combine event at vc last night. The kids look very impressive glad to see the staff taking time to put on a event like this kids got to show off their gains of all the off season work. I heard from most the kids that they had gained on all their lifts and agility event times were improving. The buzz around the program is real hope it translates over to the field. Looking at the crowd last night the excitement is there.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

We WILL beat you.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:04 am We WILL beat you.
If VC doesn't beat Wellston they might not win a game. I'd say VC will beat them soundly. Might not totally beat the brakes off of em. But they'll beat them. If not the coach better start packing. :o

WJOSUSteelers
Waterboy

Post by WJOSUSteelers »

Did anyone go the 7on7 that Vinton County participated in at West Jefferson this past weekend? Other teams that participated were:

July 23rd 7 on 7 @ West Jeff 10 am
1. West Jeff
2. Westfall
3. Chillicothe
4. North Union
5. Vinton County
6. Olentangy

Westfall is rebuilding and has a new head coach (former WJ player Logan Stepp) but the rest of the teams have & are expecting good things this upcoming season. North Union & Chillicothe have D1 commits and Olentangy is a big Division school.

If anyone went and has a opinion on how the teams look please let us know.

The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Post by The County Resident »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:04 am We WILL beat you.
This is the football forum. Not the baseball forum.

Harvey Wells
Waterboy

Is Vinton County Overrated?

Post by Harvey Wells »

Saw the Vikings got smashed by coal grove today. Lots of talk about Vinton this off-season. Could the recruits be the problem?

Ironmen98
All State

Re: Is Vinton County Overrated?

Post by Ironmen98 »

Scrimmages mean nothing

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Since your Name is Harvey Wells assuming your a Wellston Fan that still a little sore that a few wellston players went to VC. Not sure you can tell much from a scrimmage as Ironmen98 stated. I would tread lightly about the overrated comments. You guys do play VC Week 10. That’s a long time for an overrated team to get real good by.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Harvey Wells is troller. Don't assume he is from Wellston.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:55 pm Scrimmages mean nothing
Disagree with they mean nothing. Coaches just a good look at what they need to work on. Anytime a coach can evaluate to make his team better, it means a lot.
Now, are they overrated heck I don't know. Who knows?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:07 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:55 pm Scrimmages mean nothing
Disagree with they mean nothing. Coaches just a good look at what they need to work on. Anytime a coach can evaluate to make his team better, it means a lot.
Now, are they overrated heck I don't know. Who knows?
I’ll rephrase that. The scoreboard means nothing at all.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I don't think anyone can call them overrated right now, have to wait for the season to play out. Might be a bit overhyped at this point

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

I don’t understand this topic about being overrated? Was there preseason ratings? Why would we be rated high? This is a new year and if we’re going off last season we won 6 games. We beat teams we were bigger and better than and were beat by some teams we were probably better than. So we haven’t proved much so far and have a lot to prove this year before were highly rated.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VC94 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:56 am I don’t understand this topic about being overrated? Was there preseason ratings? Why would we be rated high? This is a new year and if we’re going off last season we won 6 games. We beat teams we were bigger and better than and were beat by some teams we were probably better than. So we haven’t proved much so far and have a lot to prove this year before were highly rated.

That makes too much sense for a comment on this thread haha

Good post

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”