Re: Logan Football 2022

Post by countywide35 »

Awesome looking helmet !!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:12 pm Hey Cbolt. Haven't seen ya chime in lately. Glad to see ya back. I tried to put all of them pics on here with no luck. The 110th anniversary sticker pic of the back of the helmet. I tried again with no luck. :lol:

Luv those helmets !!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

A little background

A group of former players approached Coach Eddy about switching to white helmets. LHS only wore white helmets from the early '50s until 1985. In 1986 they switched to purple lids. This group called themselves the White Helmet Club.

I spoke to younger alumni about the switch and there was a strong connection to the spear that has been on the side of Logan's helmets since 1986 (there have been three different versions of the spear). Logan also had a spear on white helmets in 1970 and 1975.

So the program decided to go to this look connecting the white helmet group and the spear. I know a lot of the younger alumni feel "Connected by the spear, regardless of year."

I helped design the 110th anniversary logo on the back. I'm really proud of how it turned out. The Chiefs will look sharp on the field this fall for sure.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

loganlocos wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:03 am A little background

A group of former players approached Coach Eddy about switching to white helmets. LHS only wore white helmets from the early '50s until 1985. In 1986 they switched to purple lids. This group called themselves the White Helmet Club.

I spoke to younger alumni about the switch and there was a strong connection to the spear that has been on the side of Logan's helmets since 1986 (there have been three different versions of the spear). Logan also had a spear on white helmets in 1970 and 1975.

So the program decided to go to this look connecting the white helmet group and the spear. I know a lot of the younger alumni feel "Connected by the spear, regardless of year."

I helped design the 110th anniversary logo on the back. I'm really proud of how it turned out. The Chiefs will look sharp on the field this fall for sure.
Good job on the design, Locos. I really like it. I've tried to put the pic of the back of the helmet on here, but not having any luck for some reason.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:31 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:12 pm Hey Cbolt. Haven't seen ya chime in lately. Glad to see ya back. I tried to put all of them pics on here with no luck. The 110th anniversary sticker pic of the back of the helmet. I tried again with no luck. :lol:

Luv those helmets !!
Yep, they are cool. 8-)

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Trenchy go back to my post. I edited the back on there. I like the new design, locos, good job indeed! Would like to see something new besides the spear but it is still pretty sharp!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:04 pm Trenchy go back to my post. I edited the back on there. I like the new design, locos, good job indeed! Would like to see something new besides the spear but it is still pretty sharp!
Got ya. No wonder I didn't see it. I was done reading on the previous page. :lol:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:02 pm

Luv those helmets !!
Yep, they are cool. 8-)

Any special uniS to go along with the helmet logo for the year ?

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

O.C.C. What year does Logan enter that league? Glad to see the students have a conference, but will Logan really be able to able compete for anything other than middle of the road? Facing the likes of Reynoldsburg, Gahanna, and Pickerington schools year in and year out how does the future look? General question to spark discussion.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Thanos wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:40 am O.C.C. What year does Logan enter that league? Glad to see the students have a conference, but will Logan really be able to able compete for anything other than middle of the road? Facing the likes of Reynoldsburg, Gahanna, and Pickerington schools year in and year out how does the future look? General question to spark discussion.
Logan wont play Gahanna and only one Pickerington school year in and year out FYI. IMO yes year in and year out the opportunity to win a league title in most sports will be very challenging. I dont see them staying long if other opportunities arise with the chance to compete with other schools. The Pick Central track team that competed at the Gene Cole (9-10th graders) had times better than any kid at Logan had all season for example. Let alone trying to compete in the money sports. Logan Basketball did have wins vs everyone in this league last year that they played minus PC and RB who wasnt on the schedule; if Im remembering correctly.

Canal Winchester
Groveport-Madison
Lancaster
Logan
Newark
Pickerington Central
Reynoldsburg
Teays Valley

Live Like A Champion!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:31 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:02 pm

Luv those helmets !!
Yep, they are cool. 8-)

Any special uniS to go along with the helmet logo for the year ?
I'm not sure, County. Haven't heard. Would be nice if they do. 8-)

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:08 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:01 pm They just joined a league. They got shot down pretty hard the last time. They will never apply again.
That league could become apart of the TVC. Add Gallia,Athens, Vinton County, and Meigs.
Also heard Jackson and Oak Hill have been contacted.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Any 7 v 7 scheduled events?

Live Like A Champion!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:08 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:01 pm They just joined a league. They got shot down pretty hard the last time. They will never apply again.
That league could become apart of the TVC. Add Gallia,Athens, Vinton County, and Meigs.
Interesting. I haven’t heard anything.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Zero chance Jackson would ever join the TVC.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logangrad wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:27 am
Thanos wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:40 am O.C.C. What year does Logan enter that league? Glad to see the students have a conference, but will Logan really be able to able compete for anything other than middle of the road? Facing the likes of Reynoldsburg, Gahanna, and Pickerington schools year in and year out how does the future look? General question to spark discussion.
Logan wont play Gahanna and only one Pickerington school year in and year out FYI. IMO yes year in and year out the opportunity to win a league title in most sports will be very challenging. I dont see them staying long if other opportunities arise with the chance to compete with other schools. The Pick Central track team that competed at the Gene Cole (9-10th graders) had times better than any kid at Logan had all season for example. Let alone trying to compete in the money sports. Logan Basketball did have wins vs everyone in this league last year that they played minus PC and RB who wasnt on the schedule; if Im remembering correctly.

Canal Winchester
Groveport-Madison
Lancaster
Logan
Newark
Pickerington Central
Reynoldsburg
Teays Valley
The best I can see Logan doing in this league is 5 and 2. Don't think they will ever beat Pickerington and it will take a down season for Lancaster to beat them.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:00 am

You’re probably right. I think they tried 3 times in the past 10 years or so and never came close to the votes. I don’t see it happening anytime soon. Out of the old SEOAL schools, I could really only see Gallia and Warren as having any shot at all. Logan is just too large for the current setup IMO but I would love to see VC and Logan meet up. It’s been over 50 years since the two have played.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

[media][/media]
Dundas wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:21 am

You’re probably right. I think they tried 3 times in the past 10 years or so and never came close to the votes. I don’t see it happening anytime soon. Out of the old SEOAL schools, I could really only see Gallia and Warren as having any shot at all. Logan is just too large for the current setup IMO but I would love to see VC and Logan meet up. It’s been over 50 years since the two have played.
Correct , Jackson will not forget being rejected. They’ll be asked to join in the next 5 years as part of a big division but they won’t forget. Jackson is very happy in the FAC.

VC I don’t think is ready for Logan .

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:52 am [media][/media]
Dundas wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:21 am

Correct , Jackson will not forget being rejected. They’ll be asked to join in the next 5 years as part of a big division but they won’t forget. Jackson is very happy in the FAC.

VC I don’t think is ready for Logan .
I think if a 3rd division was going to happen, it would’ve happened when the SEOAL dissolved. I’m glad Jackson has a home now and is quite happy. I’d like to see the FAC expand and be around for years to come. Jackson in the current TVC just doesn’t work for either party IMO. Had Jackson joined 5 years ago, they would be undefeated in Conference play to this day. I just don’t see how thats great for anyone.

In regards to VC and Logan, my thought would be play the jamboree game for a few years and see how things go. Use it as a trial run that brings in cash for each school.

Return to “Football”