Logan Football 2022

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Logan Football 2022

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

loganlocos wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:30 pm
Blue Tartan wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:31 am
loganlocos wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:36 am

The last series Logan's Varsity played ended in a touchdown.

The last play of the scrimmage was a Logan touchdown.

As I said, overall I thought the Buckeyes looked a little better according to eye test. The high skill of the QB can overcome a lot of other mistakes and will help N-Y a lot this season. He's a good passer at the HS level and an outstanding runner.
Going into this it seemed Nelsonville would dominate based on what everyone was saying about the two teams. So, is Logan better than advertised or is Nelsonville not nearly as good as advertised?
I think N-Y is going to have a very good season.

Logan may be slightly better than some prognosticators assumed, but with their schedule I don't expect some drastic increase in wins.
Agree, Locos.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:55 pm Both teams probably showed what they wanted to at this time. A better idea of what the two teams have will be their last scrimmage. Then with Trimble scouts watching NY and Jackson Scouts watching LHS at these last scrimmages they still won't show their hand.
Agree on this also, Noreply.

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

Any updates from the Jamboree?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Thanos wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:15 am Any updates from the Jamboree?
Varsity

Logan 7
Marietta 6

Blue Tartan
Waterboy

Post by Blue Tartan »

Run baby run wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:20 am
loganlocos wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:36 am

The last series Logan's Varsity played ended in a touchdown.

The last play of the scrimmage was a Logan touchdown.

As I said, overall I thought the Buckeyes looked a little better according to eye test. The high skill of the QB can overcome a lot of other mistakes and will help N-Y a lot this season. He's a good passer at the HS level and an outstanding runner.
Going into this it seemed Nelsonville would dominate based on what everyone was saying about the two teams. So, is Logan better than advertised or is Nelsonville not nearly as good as advertised?
I watched the scrimmage. The Buckeyes played 3 QB's during the Varsity portion. They also played several kids at D-line and backer. They seem to have a lot of skill kids who rotated. In my opinion, coach Richard's used this scrimmage to get a look at a lot of different kids.
It's just an opinion but if the Buckeyes played 4 quarters against Logan with their starters and a full playbook it could get ugly for Logan.
How did NY do against New Lexington?

Living the dream in Middleport Metro
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Blue Tartan wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:00 pm
Run baby run wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:20 am

I watched the scrimmage. The Buckeyes played 3 QB's during the Varsity portion. They also played several kids at D-line and backer. They seem to have a lot of skill kids who rotated. In my opinion, coach Richard's used this scrimmage to get a look at a lot of different kids.
It's just an opinion but if the Buckeyes played 4 quarters against Logan with their starters and a full playbook it could get ugly for Logan.
How did NY do against New Lexington?
Questionable… skill position wise NY is loaded for the near future. Our line needs some work done.. they are big and have good size but got pushed around pretty good. Defense flys around and can get in the backfield quick from the LB spot but like the offense the line the d line needs improving. Think both lines will get better as the year goes on. Still rotated a lot of guys in and playbook seemed to be kept pretty limited from what I saw.

Return to “Football”