Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:17 pm Jermon Jackson
Randy Moss
Bobby Howard
Yubrenal Isabel
Joe Jerivicous
Jo Jo Parker
Michael Parker
Ahmad Bradshaw

I use to play pickup hoops with Bradshaw and Moss. Athletic doesnt even begin to touch their ability at the time.
Major jealous.
Highlights of Moss in high school playing basketball look like he could have easily played in NBA. Also, heard he was a dang good baseball player.
Got to see Ahmad Bradshaws namesake Xayvion Bradshaw in playoffs this past season. He is now committed to Virginia Tech. [ Graham high school]..

I should also footnote this. My sister graduated w Ahmad Bradshaw and our families are familiar. Her son and Xayvion attend school together. Didnt want anyone to think I was just making claims. As far as Moss goes I worked with a former Marshall defensive back ( Foye) pops. His son grew up with Randy and Eric ( moss) So thats how I became familiar w those guys.
Last edited by Chilly_D_Castro on Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

Re: Best offensive player you have saw in person

Post by Chilly_D_Castro »

And this is off subject a little but I also got to see John Wall in high school in Raleigh NC. Wake county hoops is SERIOUS.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:48 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:47 pm
Randy Moss
Bobby Howard
Yubrenal Isabel
Joe Jerivicous
Jo Jo Parker
Michael Parker
Ahmad Bradshaw

I use to play pickup hoops with Bradshaw and Moss. Athletic doesnt even begin to touch their ability at the time.
Major jealous.
Highlights of Moss in high school playing basketball look like he could have easily played in NBA. Also, heard he was a dang good baseball player.
All of those Rand U boys could ball. Tough humble kids.
That's the problem with athletes today, almost all think they are ballers. And definitely not many humble. There is a few sprinkled in out there that are still humble and hungry.
Old school, being tough and humble growing up.

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:10 pm
Major jealous.
That's the problem with athletes today, almost all think they are ballers. And definitely not many humble. There is a few sprinkled in out there that are still humble and hungry.
Ok, boomer.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:11 pm

Ok, boomer.
🤣

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:20 pm

Ok, boomer.
🤣
Lol. The rand kids are still rugged. Same as it ever was. Idk where ya been but I been around around quite a bit. After you ran across some Philly kids or some Memphis kids or even some Rand or Mcdowell co wv kids in the coal fields, that soft stuff ya tossin around might get burned into your skin. Lol A lotta kids are products of pretty rough conditions and realities. A world away from being soft.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Here's a question for ya, Did you ever see Jason Williams AKA White Chocolate play in high school?

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:08 am Here's a question for ya, Did you ever see Jason Williams AKA White Chocolate play in high school?
Yup and seen him play pickup at the King Center.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:59 pm

Ok, boomer.
🤣
Lol. The rand kids are still rugged. Same as it ever was. Idk where ya been but I been around around quite a bit. After you ran across some Philly kids or some Memphis kids or even some Rand or Mcdowell co wv kids in the coal fields, that soft stuff ya tossin around might get burned into your skin. Lol A lotta kids are products of pretty rough conditions and realities. A world away from being soft.
McDowell kids are no joke. Been there and soft isn’t the word that comes to mind about the people there.

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

beg003 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:59 pm
Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:59 pm

🤣
McDowell kids are no joke. Been there and soft isn’t the word that comes to mind about the people there.
At all.

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:51 pm
Randy Moss
Bobby Howard
Yubrenal Isabel
Joe Jerivicous
Jo Jo Parker
Michael Parker
Ahmad Bradshaw

Major jealous.
Got to see Ahmad Bradshaws namesake Xayvion Bradshaw in playoffs this past season. He is now committed to Virginia Tech. [ Graham high school]..

I should also footnote this. My sister graduated w Ahmad Bradshaw and our families are familiar. Her son and Xayvion attend school together. Didnt want anyone to think I was just making claims. As far as Moss goes I worked with a former Marshall defensive back ( Foye) pops. His son grew up with Randy and Eric ( moss) So thats how I became familiar w those guys.
The eldest Foye ( Pears Sr) was Randy & Eric & Howards coach through the youth divisions. Essentially their 1st coach.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

People who have watched Ironton, what about Reid Carrico?
I don't think he's been mentioned. He's still at OSU.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Trimble fans? I know you have made several deep playoff runs, are there too many to pick just one? Heck list em.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Joe Burrow, Joey Galloway, Jose and Nate Davis, Ben Taylor.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:47 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:39 pm Best player I've seen in person is Ben Mauk.
Who did he play for?
Do you have a specific game or memory?
He played for Kenton HS. Took them to the State Championship and won.

Jumper45
Riding the Bench

Post by Jumper45 »

Carlos Snow. Cincinnati Cape. Dennis Bacon Ironton

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:21 am Trimble fans? I know you have made several deep playoff runs, are there too many to pick just one? Heck list em.
Jeff McClelland TB, and Mike Roback QB. Both had D1 offers. Jeff @ Miami Ohio and Mike @ Ohio University. I believe Mike was offered by WVU too but he chose OU instead. They are the two best from Trimble in my opinion.

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

To add to the above post:

Mike Roback 6'2", 215lbs, 4.6 40yd

Mike ran the triple option to near perfection. He also had a cannon of an arm and passed for well over 1,000 yds. He was recruited and offered a full ride by Ohio University when they ran the split back veer triple option. He was also recruited and I believe offered by WVU that ran more of a passing offense. To do so well in high school running the option and passing that a D1 school that ran the triple option offered you as well as a different D1 school that passed the ball a lot more has to be unique and shows that Mike was the total package.

During Mike's senior year in high school he teamed up with 1st Team All-Ohio TB Gene Campbell, who rushed for 1500 yards, to run the option and passed the ball to Scott Holbert who was a 1st Team All Ohio SE and was voted lineman of the year in Ohio. When else has that ever happened? I'm sure both Gene and Scott would tell you that much of their success was due to Mike Roback. I've talked to several opposing coaches and none of them had an answer for Mike. If they tried to stop him running he would kill them passing, and if they tried to stop him passing he would kill them running. Yes there have been QB's at Trimble since then who have had deeper runs in the playoffs, but none were the total package like Mike or as explosive as he was in my opinion. Not to mention he kicked multiple field goals, one of 46 yards. The total offensive package he was.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Mike Roback is a class act! He was my QB coach my senior year...great guy and knows the game of football.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

SPelf wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:03 am Back in the Schankweiler days at burg (both Jordan and Brandon were phenomenal players in their own right) but in 2009 they had a back named Tyler Craigmiles. Anyone remember him? He averagesd about 10.5yd a carry that year. According to Burgs weight room top 10 lists he still stands at number 1 with a 4.35 40yd
The younger schankweiler had the best single game I have ever seen a burg kid have at valley one year.

Return to “Football”