BEST EVER TEAMS FROM THE SVAC

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

BEST EVER TEAMS FROM THE SVAC

Post by Wings Teaford »

I gotta vote for my boy Wade Connolly and the 1985 Racine Southern Hustlin Purple Tornadoes. They had the best coach in school hostory with Bill Hensler running the single wing. Pete Roush was also a solid player on that team.

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
koondoger
JV Team

Re: BEST EVER TEAMS FROM THE SVAC

Post by koondoger »

Wings Teaford wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:26 am I gotta vote for my boy Wade Connolly and the 1985 Racine Southern Hustlin Purple Tornadoes. They had the best coach in school hostory with Bill Hensler running the single wing. Pete Roush was also a solid player on that team.
I always heard Russel Singleton was the only legit football player Southern ever had. Any truth to that? :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Wade Connolly was/is the best they ever had. Of course that ain't sayin too much coming from Racine. They ain't much for football. But in all seriousness that old buttsucker ain't too bright but he could put a hurting on you on the field. :mrgreen:

Tom Smyth
Waterboy

Post by Tom Smyth »

koondoger wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:29 am
Wings Teaford wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:26 am I gotta vote for my boy Wade Connolly and the 1985 Racine Southern Hustlin Purple Tornadoes. They had the best coach in school hostory with Bill Hensler running the single wing. Pete Roush was also a solid player on that team.
I always heard Russel Singleton was the only legit football player Southern ever had. Any truth to that? :mrgreen:
I know it wasn't during the SVAC days but the best back Southern ever had was Tommy Smith Jr. That boy could flat out fly and with the best coached O-line in school history he would have been virtually unstoppable if they had still been in that weak SVAC. Speaking of lineman, it could be argued that Tommy's older brother Jamie was the best they had at that position too.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

Tom Smyth wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:47 am
I know it wasn't during the SVAC days but the best back Southern ever had was Tommy Smith Jr. That boy could flat out fly and with the best coached O-line in school history he would have been virtually unstoppable if they had still been in that weak SVAC. Speaking of lineman, it could be argued that Tommy's older brother Jamie was the best they had at that position too.
Does Southern still have football? I had heard they might be dropping it a while back and never heard anything about them last season. Just wondering.

The road to the TVC crown runs through Reedsville!
KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

Titletown TVC wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:28 pm

Does Southern still have football? I had heard they might be dropping it a while back and never heard anything about them last season. Just wondering.
I was actually wondering the same thing. I know they used to give us fits with some of those crazy formations they ran, like 3 receivers to one side and one split out on the other side. Never could figure out what to do against that. Would be a shame for the to drop football but I understand in this era of Covid, high costs on everything, and lack of interest. I also heard they might be starting soccer since that's more conducive to conditioning for basketball. Hate to see it, those Racine boys always seemed to have a lot of moxie when we were squaring off against them.

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

Best team we played from that there SVAC ain't even a school no more. They tryin to get that league back up and a running is they? Count us in if so cause we cain't get no other league to nut up and take us on. Guess they all skeert of a little competition but I know all them SVAC teams weren't skared to play us. I say start her back up and lets play some futball.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

I doubt that Southern has ever had a running back better than Singleton. He got a ride to O.U. and I'd say he's the only one to ever go D1 from that program. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

I gotta lobby on behalf of my boy aka The Whopper as the best player ever at southern. He lead his junior high team to five straight undefeated junior high seasons. Then when he moved up to play in HS he was dominant for the next two years. He had to coach after that because they wouldn’t let a 25 year old keep playing in high school.

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

Wings Teaford wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:40 am I gotta lobby on behalf of my boy aka The Whopper as the best player ever at southern. He lead his junior high team to five straight undefeated junior high seasons. Then when he moved up to play in HS he was dominant for the next two years. He had to coach after that because they wouldn’t let a 25 year old keep playing in high school.
Should have transferred him to Hannan. He could have played a few more years over here. He woulda bin all state for us.

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

hannancoach wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:51 am
Wings Teaford wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:40 am I gotta lobby on behalf of my boy aka The Whopper as the best player ever at southern. He lead his junior high team to five straight undefeated junior high seasons. Then when he moved up to play in HS he was dominant for the next two years. He had to coach after that because they wouldn’t let a 25 year old keep playing in high school.
Should have transferred him to Hannan. He could have played a few more years over here. He woulda bin all state for us.
He aint in bad shape. If you can get him eligible I can move down there. He still lives at home. I need a job though. When does that metal fab plant open?

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

Wings Teaford wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:26 am
hannancoach wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:51 am
He aint in bad shape. If you can get him eligible I can move down there. He still lives at home. I need a job though. When does that metal fab plant open?
Ya need to load him up and bring him down to join them Cordell boys. Theysa gonna be running over some teams this year.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Hannan bought the rights to the name for the SEOAL. Maybe they could also buy the SVAC and then put the two together in a two division format?

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

meatswinger wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:25 am Hannan bought the rights to the name for the SEOAL. Maybe they could also buy the SVAC and then put the two together in a two division format?
I thought Logan and Warren retained the SEOAL name? Weren't they the last two standing when it all dismantled?

Return to “Football”