Huntington High Jr RB Amari Felder ( football & track) commits to Ironton for 22/23 season

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Re: Huntington High Jr RB Amari Felder ( football & track) commits to Ironton for 22/23 season

Post by Mission15 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:24 pm Coaching Staffs from Ohio State, Cincinnati, Kent State and Coastal Carolina will be in Tiger Town this Friday.

Go Fighting Tigers……
And people whine, complain and wonder why everyone wants to go to Ironton.

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

Re: Huntington High Jr RB Amari Felder ( football & track) commits to Ironton for 22/23 season

Post by Chilly_D_Castro »

Mission15 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:22 pm
Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:29 pm
Mission15 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:12 pm

It is not recruiting. When you promote your program the way Ironton does, and get kids multiple D1 visits, offers, and exposure, who wouldn't want to come to Ironton? Ironton has Power 5 football coaches around the program 12 months a year, who else in the area can even come close to offering that? The game has changed, the climate has changed, kids have changed, parents have changed, the whole entire landscape of high school athletics has changed, and those who adapt and take advantage will have the most success. You gotta be crazy if you don't want to be an Ironton Fighting Tigers right now!

Ummm promotion and marketing are apects of recruiting. That's exactly what it is.

And ftr I don't disagree with it. It's 2022. I'm not one of these old lawrence co ohio locals who can't evolve. But yea, it's recruiting 1000%
Promoting your program is NOT recruiting.
Sure it is.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I saw where he’s going on a visit to Kent State, who’s Coaching Staff was just in Ironton.

Go Fighting Tigers…..

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:23 pm
Mission15 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:22 pm
Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:29 pm

Ummm promotion and marketing are apects of recruiting. That's exactly what it is.

And ftr I don't disagree with it. It's 2022. I'm not one of these old lawrence co ohio locals who can't evolve. But yea, it's recruiting 1000%
Promoting your program is NOT recruiting.
Sure it is.
Envy the shine from my black and orange shades hater.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Who cares about how many kids transfer to Ironton. Are they the only school allowed to do that. No. If your school wants to compete with them then make it more attractive for a kid to transfer to your school than to Ironton. And if Ironton is breaking an ohsaa rule then I'm sure they would be sanctioned and punished. I think that sadly the days of all homegrown talent is winding down. Just my opinion.

Chilly_D_Castro
Freshman Team

Post by Chilly_D_Castro »

gobucs20 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:18 pm Who cares about how many kids transfer to Ironton. Are they the only school allowed to do that. No. If your school wants to compete with them then make it more attractive for a kid to transfer to your school than to Ironton. And if Ironton is breaking an ohsaa rule then I'm sure they would be sanctioned and punished. I think that sadly the days of all homegrown talent is winding down. Just my opinion.
Yup. Ironton and that area as a whole is shrinking. Annual population decline and the average demo continues to age. As time continues to go by teams in this area will have to emulate what Ironton is doing or they will all become Gallia and south point.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

wobycat wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:36 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:29 am
wobycat wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:01 pm

Is what the kid from Huntington do? Move 45 minutes down the road to Ironton?
Yes

I believe Portsmouth and South Webster is closer to Wheelersburg than Huntington is to Ironton, correct me if I’m wrong 😁, isn’t that where the Pirates get the majority of their transfers?

You mean the kids that went there since grade school? Probably. I think burg should wait for these kids to develop at other schools first before letting them in. See if they pan out. Ironton is smart. Wait and see what their forty time will be before acceptance.

Apples to oranges. Apples to oranges.

I mean for crying out loud the kids Twitter actually said if college coaches are looking for me, I attend Ironton. Lol

Better question. Next year. What’s the transfer portal look like for Ironton?

Schools Ironton has resourced in last three years.

West Portsmouth
Northwest
Lucasville valley
Mississippi high school?
Ashland
Raceland
Burg
Huntington high.
Rock hill.

Eventually they are going to come up with the right combination to beat burg and kirtland. Bound to happen
Add South Point to the list

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Gotta love when Wheelersburg people complain about another school recruiting :lol:

MACMan
Waterboy

Post by MACMan »

Chilly_D_Castro wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:22 pm Looks like he made his final decision shortly after that camp hosted by Ironton. Ironton is establishing a pretty steady pipeline out of Huntington more recently.
I sure do hope you Tigers make it to the state finals. I would live to see how the MAC teams stack up against all those D1 players. I gotta say, I like our chances.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Mission15 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:23 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:24 pm Coaching Staffs from Ohio State, Cincinnati, Kent State and Coastal Carolina will be in Tiger Town this Friday.

Go Fighting Tigers……
And people whine, complain and wonder why everyone wants to go to Ironton.
I’m pretty sure everyone has figured out why everyone is going to ironton😂

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:53 am Gotta love when Wheelersburg people complain about another school recruiting :lol:
I know right lol

Return to “Football”